DBS: Advent 'V' - Episode 1 - A Still-Animated Fanfic

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr. X

DBS: Advent 'V' - Episode 1 - A Still-Animated Fanfic

Post by Mr. X » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 pm

Synopsis:

Six years have passed since Zamasu's defeat. Earth is at peace, and despite Grand Zeno not keeping his promise of holding an inter-universal tournament, the Z-Fighters couldn't be more content.

However, the Saiyan Cabba suddenly arrives on Earth from Universe 6 to ask for the Z-Fighters' help! An inter-universal empire led by the mysterious and terrifying Lord Kazi has swept into his universe and has conquered the Saiyan home world of Sadala! What follows is an ultimate test of the spirit of the Z-Fighters: of whether or not they will be able to stand up to something so insurmountable that it threatens to break the foundations of their friendships.

There's a lot of animated Dragon Ball fanfics out there, and I wanted to do one too, but with a bit more of a unique approach to the 'animation'. To clarify, it's essentially based off the idea of a motion comic, with the background separated from the characters to give depth without any actual animation. In this case, I wanted all the panels to be illustrated with visual effects to add even more depth to that idea. I've attempted to make this as professional as I can, despite the constraints of the medium. This is something I've worked on for almost four years alongside a number of talented voice actors and (as you see below in the example of the main artist of the project, AgataKa19) wonderfully talented artists. I very much hope it is to people's liking, and that they can still enjoy it as one would a truly animated Dragon Ball fanfic. Or maybe it can be enjoyed in a different way, I'm not sure. In any case, I present to you: Episode 1 of DBS: Advent 'V'!

To any who do take a look, I hope you enjoy! :D

Screenshots:
(Art by AgataKa19)

Blessed dreams and take care!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: DBS: Advent 'V' - Episode 1 - A Still-Animated Fanfic

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 pm

This is a fun watch. Subscribed.

Mr. X

Re: DBS: Advent 'V' - Episode 1 - A Still-Animated Fanfic

Post by Mr. X » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:41 am

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 pm This is a fun watch. Subscribed.
I'm so glad you enjoyed, thank you! :D
Blessed dreams and take care!