To those who think Goku doesn’t care about Chi Chi, why didn’t he offer her to the old Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

To those who think Goku doesn’t care about Chi Chi, why didn’t he offer her to the old Kaioshin?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Goku repeatedly offers women to the old Kaioshin in order to persuade him to do things. He offers both Bulma and Videl and asks Gohan and Vegeta if they can get their girlfriends/wives to do it.

But Goku never offers Chi Chi, even though that would be the easiest option for him. Clearly this confirms that Goku would not be comfortable with his wife kissing another man, as she wasn’t even an option in his mind.

I know he says something about her boobs being too saggy but I doubt old Kaioshin cares about that, Goku just didn’t want Chi Chi to be the option.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: To those who think Goku doesn’t care about Chi Chi, why didn’t he offer her to the old Kaioshin?

Post by Kagari » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Goku cares about her and his sons despite what fans try to say.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: To those who think Goku doesn’t care about Chi Chi, why didn’t he offer her to the old Kaioshin?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 pm

He just assumes the old man doesn't want a girl with small boobs, which is pretty insulting from Toriyama IMO.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 pm He just assumes the old man doesn't want a girl with small boobs, which is pretty insulting from Toriyama IMO.
I think he only said that to appease Vegeta. Chichi is fit. The old Kaioshin would have been fine with her, but Goku wasn’t.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:39 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:48 pm Goku repeatedly offers women to the old Kaioshin in order to persuade him to do things. He offers both Bulma and Videl and asks Gohan and Vegeta if they can get their girlfriends/wives to do it.

But Goku never offers Chi Chi, even though that would be the easiest option for him. Clearly this confirms that Goku would not be comfortable with his wife kissing another man, as she wasn’t even an option in his mind.

I know he says something about her boobs being too saggy but I doubt old Kaioshin cares about that, Goku just didn’t want Chi Chi to be the option.
Well, according to modern Dragon Ball, Goku and Chi-Chi never kissed, and Goku didn’t even know what a kiss was until he saw Trunks feeding Mai a senzu through his mouth. :lol:

In all seriousness, the idea of Chi-Chi having “saggy boobs” doesn’t really make much sense, considering that she’s younger than Bulma, and is presumably in better shape than her. Still, I doubt Toriyama wrote that with the idea that Goku loves Chi-Chi as his wife. I think he more just wanted to make Goku seem like a troll.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 pm

That entire scene was just a joke, there was no hidden meanings in it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 pm That entire scene was just a joke, there was no hidden meanings in it.
Jokes are literally about how we communicate our ideas and beliefs. This is why there is offensive humor, because humor can be used to cause harm to how others are viewed.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:17 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pmJokes are literally about how we communicate our ideas and beliefs. This is why there is offensive humor, because humor can be used to cause harm to how others are viewed.
To be fair to Toriyama, most men would pick someone with a bigger chest, understandably so. 8)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:17 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pmJokes are literally about how we communicate our ideas and beliefs. This is why there is offensive humor, because humor can be used to cause harm to how others are viewed.
To be fair to Toriyama, most men would pick someone with a bigger chest, understandably so. 8)
I'm happy to know you like giant tidders, I myself like boobs of all size, but that is besides the point.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:04 am

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am

I'm pretty sure people say he doesn't care about Chi Chi because he's a dense motherfucker who never says "I love you", never helps with household errands, and never spends time with her. He's the Homer Simpson of Dragon Ball except worse. lol
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am

Men being bad partners has become canonized through 'humor' and it's really bothersome. Men--especially cishet men--can step the fuck up so we stop re-enforcing the same bullshit expectations and stereotypes.

Also, Gokuu is hot and it's a major turn-off to see him be so bad at being a partner.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 amGokuu is hot and it's a major turn-off to see him be so bad at being a partner.
To be fair, in the original manga he wasn't that bad. We got a few scenes with him and his family during the wait for the Cell games and overall he acted normal.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 amGokuu is hot and it's a major turn-off to see him be so bad at being a partner.
To be fair, in the original manga he wasn't that bad. We got a few scenes with him and his family during the wait for the Cell games and overall he acted normal.
Those scenes don't really define his portrayal, though. Furthermore, the inclusion of scenes where Gokuu is portrayed as being a bad partner are still hurtful scenes. Bad shit really does erase good shit.
She/Her
bisexual milf

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Toriyama has been hell bent on making Goku is bad person and careless ever sense Dragonball came back. I know it's the most unfaithful version but that's why I still like first funi dub Goku the most.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:50 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:12 pm Toriyama has been hell bent on making Goku is bad person and careless ever sense Dragonball came back.

I know it's the most unfaithful version but that's why I still like first funi dub Goku the most.
I don't know if I'd call him outright bad, but he's without a doubt a very unlikable character now.

I think original Toriyama/Toei Goku is overall the best. He's not overly heroic as Funi made him, but he's not...whatever he's become recently in modern DB.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:50 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:12 pm Toriyama has been hell bent on making Goku is bad person and careless ever sense Dragonball came back.

I know it's the most unfaithful version but that's why I still like first funi dub Goku the most.
I don't know if I'd call him outright bad, but he's without a doubt a very unlikable character now.

I think original Toriyama/Toei Goku is overall the best. He's not overly heroic as Funi made him, but he's not...whatever he's become recently in modern DB.
I don't mean bad as in a bad guy either, just that he does things that are either selfish or stupid that usually don't benefit him and he could spend more time with his family like Vegeta does.

The EOZ is a sad ending to me now becasue before it seemed like Goku at least spent 10 years at home before leaving again.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am I'm pretty sure people say he doesn't care about Chi Chi because he's a dense motherfucker who never says "I love you", never helps with household errands, and never spends time with her. He's the Homer Simpson of Dragon Ball except worse. lol
Hold up.

Goku gathers all the firewood.
Goku does all the hunting and fishing.
Goku does all the farm work.
Goku is shown driving his family to the city so Chichi can shop.

How does Goku not help out with household errands? You can say a lot about the dude but he isn’t lazy.

Vegeta is the one who thinks he’s too good to help around the house and he refused to carry any bags for Trunks and Bulma (LMAO). Goku is too nice to be that way, he always offers to help people and we see him carrying Chichi’s bags in one of the movies.

And never spends time with her? They live alone in the woods for decades. Goku goes home every night unless he’s dead.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am I'm pretty sure people say he doesn't care about Chi Chi because he's a dense motherfucker who never says "I love you", never helps with household errands, and never spends time with her. He's the Homer Simpson of Dragon Ball except worse. lol
Also, according to Toriyama, romance isn't a common concern for Saiyans. They tend to mate for practical reasons, then stick the baby in a tube so they don't have to spend too much time parenting. Ironically, despite Goku growing up on Earth, Vegeta seems more human in that regard. Then again, Goku did grow up with a hermit and didn't even know what a girl was until one ran him over.

I'm sure Goku cares about Chichi, but I think it's more of a friendship type of thing in his head. I mean, when he agreed to marry Chichi, he didn't even know what marriage was, so it's not like he did it because he couldn't live without her. He barely even visits his granddaughter. If they're not old enough to train, he doesn't know what to do with them. lol