Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 47 - DBZ episode 53-57

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 47 - DBZ episode 53-57 (CURRENT WEEK)

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm I wish Vegeta kept a bit of his Namek self, even after becoming one of the good guys.
True. Seems like after becoming a good guy he lost any edge he had before hand.
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:16 pm

Vegeta's turn to good does happen progressively. On Namek for example he's willing to work with his former enemies and even has a tearful plea to Goku, although he's still villainous. Android and Cell are interesting because he's sort of in a grey middle-ground: he has a ruthless attitude, but for some reason he doesn't blow up the Earth despite Goku not being around to stop him from doing it. He's not a good guy, but he doesn't have a lot of his evil tendencies from when we first met him either.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:00 pm

When I said his Namek self, I meant his calculative nature, and the fact that being the strongest wasn't his aim.

He didn't really seem to care about Goku's power in front of the Ginyu Force, and he was fine with Goku becoming the Super Saiyan when he first met him when he was brought to life.

Even the whole I'm the prince of all Saiyans! pride crap came later, and his one-sided competition with Goku.