Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri May 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm What if they revive Cell now? lol
Maybe construction workers accidently uncover a secret lab containing a back up of #20 that was buried during the battle with Cell. #20 wakes up and uses the remaining Cell Jrs to recreate Cell, then modifies him with DNA from Moro and Broly that was collected by the RR data collection bots.

I hope that never happens.
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Fri May 07, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm

I wish some of the older villains like Raditz, Nappa, Cell, Zarbon, Dadoria, the Ginyu Force, Babidi, Dr. Gero, and King Cold were still around.

It was so cool seeing them make cameos in the Broly movie. It's a shame so many cool and iconic characters have been killed off over the years instead of left in the fridge like Frieza and Broly are now. You really limit the story telling when you kill off every single villain.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:26 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm
Peach wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm A Cooler movie, maybe? There's a lot of potential for good storylines with a Frieza still alive for him to interact with.

I hope it takes place around the End of Z.
This is the WORST thing they could ever do!
Why do you believe that?
Cooler is an absolutely horrible character with an absolutely HORRIBLE design. The absolute worst of the worst. Not to mention, he is literally just another Freeza ripoff. (Another character who’s design and background I HATE!) He appeared all the way back in mid Z. There’s literally no way he could match Goku and Vegeta post Granolah Arc the way they will be then. Not with 4 months of training, not even with 4 YEARS of brutal harsh training. It would be incredibly bad writing if that was the case.

Cooler is literally just an even worse version of Freeza, a character I never wanted to see being revived in the first place. He’s literally just your stereotypical “Monster” that appears in all sorts of fiction and cartoons. He doesn’t have a cool, and laidback design like Super Janemba had from the Fusion Reborn movie.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri May 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Peach wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm
I wish some of the older villains like Raditz, Nappa, Cell, Zarbon, Dadoria, the Ginyu Force, Babidi, Dr. Gero, and King Cold were still around.

It was so cool seeing them make cameos in the Broly movie. It's a shame so many cool and iconic characters have been killed off over the years instead of left in the fridge like Frieza and Broly are now. You really limit the story telling when you kill off every single villain.
What if they adapt Dr. Raichi and his ghost warriors?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm Hopefully, it will be an original idea, with an original villain.
It will be a chance for Goku to showcase UI in a movie, and for Vegeta to get hakai shoved up his ass :lol:

What if they revive Cell now? lol
I would actually LOVE for that to happen! Super Perfect Cell has been one of my absolute favorite characters of Z!😍 This would be the ultimate fanservice!😳🥲

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Finally Dragon Ball Evolution 2.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 pm

I honestly hope to the gods that they don't make it a Moro movie, as others have said, the arc was long and needs time to progress which is why it should get an anime adaptation rather than a movie. My second point against this is that Moro is simply not big enough to get butts into seats. Sure, DB fans are clamoring for new content, but I don't think enough to justify Moro headlining a movie. We were in a completely different place back in 2013 when Bog was released, we hadn't had new Dragonball content in nearly 2 decades at that point. Say what you want about resurrection F, but Frieza got butts into seats, Broly got butts into seats, so I foresee we will be getting another fanservicy movie. A return of an old villain like Cell or the canonization of a classic movie villain like Cooler. Time will tell what they give us, but I'm looking forward to it as long as It's not Moro. Maybe I'm the problem with the Dragon Ball community, but I live for the fanservice.
Last edited by Extreme_kai on Fri May 07, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri May 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Remember the movie rumours that briefly circulated in late December, suggesting that Baby-Vegeta might get a run-out in the main storyline, and that there would be a Goku-Broly fusion ("Gori")? On some level, that would seem a natural outgrowth of the arc running in the manga now, playing with the past sins of the Saiyans, and such.

Or it could be, y'know, anything else. Guess we'll see whether there's any detail in a couple of days.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Well, color me "that took way too long". I really hope they pull through with enough of the staff that made Broly look as good as it did. Ultimately that's all you need for a good DB theater experience, but I'm definitely curious as to what they do for the narrative.

The absolute worst thing they could do is something like Cooler, not just because I want to see more original content for Dragon Ball, but because Cooler is very specifically one of the most uninspired and meaningless Dragon Ball movie villains, taking every fun thing about Freeza and throwing it out to leave nothing but a bland husk for Goku to repeat his Namek arc moments against.

The idea of a Moro film intrigues me, because it'd be the first of it's kind. We've never gotten a movie that adapts manga content directly, and the fact that Moro is already over means they wouldn't need to pad it out with horrible filler content. I'd just hope that they change enough stuff to make it a little more interesting than the Moro arc itself, which I found largely boring.

Of course, there's still the possibility that it could be an original story all its own, like Battle of Gods, and I wouldn't be opposed to that either. It would cast into question exactly what the continuity was, if the movie was between Broly and Moro or between Moro and something else, but I'm sure we could figure that out. It'd be better than another round of bitching about how the timeline the show never follows didn't match up with the events they never promised, at least.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri May 07, 2021 6:12 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:20 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm Hopefully, it will be an original idea, with an original villain.
It will be a chance for Goku to showcase UI in a movie, and for Vegeta to get hakai shoved up his ass :lol:

I would actually LOVE for that to happen! Super Perfect Cell has been one of my absolute favorite characters of Z!😍 This would be the ultimate fanservice!😳🥲
I'd watch it, but I'd really rather have something new. If they ever do bring back Cell though, I hope it's a mini arc that takes place while Goku and Vegeta are away and Gotenks and Gohan have to deal with him.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 pm

I just want to clarify my previous comment and say that I know that Cell and Cooler aren't as popular as say, Frieza, especially in Japan, but I still think it would make more sense to make a movie featuring them rather than Moro. Honestly, I think a lot more people would be excited to see Frieza team up with either of those characters and potentially fuse with one of them than a Moro movie. So my opinion is that if either of those villains got in a movie it would be a team-up/unease alliance with Frieza. Non-canon material has teased the idea of this a lot in the past and even the end of the Broly movie teased a Frieza potential team-up, so I don't see why not.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm

I actually really don’t want Cell or Cooler.
Unless if they do something actually intriguing and reboot Cooler the same way they did with Broly, then sure...

But what would be the use of Cell? With Moro and his copy abilities, there’d be no point in Cell as great of a villain as he was. He would just die at the end of the movie and it would be another RoF.

I’d be all in for a fleshed out new villain like Zamasu, give us more of that please

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:12 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:20 pm

I'd watch it, but I'd really rather have something new. If they ever do bring back Cell though, I hope it's a mini arc that takes place while Goku and Vegeta are away and Gotenks and Gohan have to deal with him.
You’re right. Even though I love the idea. I still prefer something entirely new aswell ofcourse (something similair to Super Janemba) or an evil lower tier Angel... (If Beerus-sama and the other Hakaishin’s are still far stronger than Goku though.) LOL😆

That said, in my opinion the very best possible thing for them to do would be to have another type of “Cell” or artificial lifeform by a planet who’s race has a very advanced level of technology.. So an ultimate super life form made up of the Cells of anyone who’s ever visited earth before (with the exception of Future Zeno ofcourse lol). So it would have Buu’s cells (of all his forms) Broly’s cells, all the other Saiyans and Z Fighters, Moro’s cells and abilities, Cell’s, Frieza’s, Beerus’ and Whis’ cells and abilities, etc etc. It would be the ultimate lifeform injected with a super large amount of S Cells!😂
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Peach wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm

I completely agree with you, but I'm a villain fan so I'm biased lol. Rogues galleries can be a good thing for a franchise, I prefer it better than the villain of the week formula we've been getting.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri May 07, 2021 6:34 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 pm
Yasai9001 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:26 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm
This is the WORST thing they could ever do!
Why do you believe that?
Cooler is an absolutely horrible character with an absolutely HORRIBLE design. The absolute worst of the worst. Not to mention, he is literally just another Freeza ripoff. (Another character who’s design and background I HATE!) He appeared all the way back in mid Z. There’s literally no way he could match Goku and Vegeta post Granolah Arc the way they will be then. Not with 4 months of training, not even with 4 YEARS of brutal harsh training. It would be incredibly bad writing if that was the case.

Cooler is literally just an even worse version of Freeza, a character I never wanted to see being revived in the first place. He’s literally just your stereotypical “Monster” that appears in all sorts of fiction and cartoons. He doesn’t have a cool, and laidback design like Super Janemba had from the Fusion Reborn movie.
Well, that's just your opinion, man. I for one love Cooler, from his design to his motivation, to his connection with Frieza. OBJECTIVELY he is an infinitely more interesting and compelling character than Janemba will ever be. You call Cooler a stereotypical “Monster”, but that is literally what Super Janemba is lol. Janemba is literally just some random kid that was turned into an unstoppable monster on accident, the guy cannot even talk lol. Sure, Janemba looks cool, but that's where all interest in that character dies for me. Janemba's movie was literally just a platform to showcase Gogeta, Cooler didn't need to have the heroes showcase any new ability, he was the showcase.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri May 07, 2021 6:43 pm

I had forgotten about the Baby "leak". IIRC the leak was only the canonization part, but aside from FighterZ, there is also that the movies have continuity, and that:
BoG: Continuation of DB, new character.
RoF: Revival of the most popular dead old character. Beerus is involved
Broly: Canonization of the most popular non-canon Z character. Freeza is involved.
Baby: Canonization of the most popular GT character. Broly is involved.
Last edited by pepd on Fri May 07, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri May 07, 2021 6:47 pm

pepd wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:43 pm I had forgotten about the Baby "leak". IIRC the leak was only the canonization part, but aside from FighterZ, there is also that the movies are connected and have continuity, and that:
BoG: Continuation of DB, new character.
RoF: Revival of the most popular dead old character.
Broly: Canonization of the most popular non-canon Z character
Baby: Canonization of the most popular GT character
I really hope this isn't it, we don't need two characters seeking revenge against the Saiyans for destroying their race back to back, that'd be kind of ridiculous

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri May 07, 2021 6:51 pm

Never understood why Toei does DB so dirty when its their most profitable series by far.We should have been had a series or movie by now Image

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Dragon Ball Super: Cooler

The movie opens with Goku and Vegeta training with Whis and Beerus respectively, and about to head off to meet Granola, where we are in the manga now, then we are hit with a MEANWHILE, IN OUTER SPACE:

Film follows Team Broly, as they have their own adventures, and fight against Cooler. This sets up a separate story in the movies, following Team Broly and the old movie characters. and is the reason Broly hasnt been featured in the manga. The movie plays out all typical, punches and stuff, and ends with a return to Gok uand Vegeta post-Granola, and a teaser for the next arc.

I bet $10 this wont happen.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri May 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Finally... SOMETHING!

If I had to guess, it’s probably going to be a direct sequel to Broly. It’ll be an original story written by Toriyama made directly for the big screen. I don’t think they’ll adapt the Moro arc into a movie, it’s way too long for it to work. An anime season would be much better suited for that arc.

I’ve missed anticipating something Dragon Ball anime related. Can’t wait to start speculating again. I wonder who’s going to direct it?