Was killing animals part of Zamasu's zero mortals plan?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Was killing animals part of Zamasu's zero mortals plan?

Post by Peach » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:40 pm

Was Zamasu trying to kill ALL mortal life in the multiverse, including animals? Or was it just intelligent life? The show wasn't too clear..

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Was killing animals part of Zamasu's zero mortals plan?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:45 pm

I don't see why he would actively try to kill them out, it makes little sense and would be a massive waste of time. Hunting down humans is easier than hunting down rabbits, dogs, cats, squirrels, etc. etc. etc.

That being said, because he laid waste to countless mortal planets/civilizations, he had to have slaughtered many animals (since animals live in human cities). Oh well 8)

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:21 pm

The Zero Mortals Plan is the 'Zero Ningen Keikaku'; 'Ningen' apparently meaning a 'Human Being' (or in more generalised terms, a term applicable to any sentient mortal creature, I guess).

So, I'd say simple animals wouldn't be in view with this plan (but animal-type Humans, like the King of the World, would be).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:21 pm The Zero Mortals Plan is the 'Zero Ningen Keikaku'; 'Ningen' apparently meaning a 'Human Being' (or in more generalised terms, a term applicable to any sentient mortal creature, I guess).

So, I'd say simple animals wouldn't be in view with this plan (but animal-type Humans, like the King of the World, would be).
I wonder where this ends tho the pterodactly from DB? Turtle? The dolphin that gives Goku directions?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:29 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:19 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:21 pm The Zero Mortals Plan is the 'Zero Ningen Keikaku'; 'Ningen' apparently meaning a 'Human Being' (or in more generalised terms, a term applicable to any sentient mortal creature, I guess).

I wonder where this ends tho the pterodactly from DB? Turtle? The dolphin that gives Goku directions?
Only a true monster would kill that helpful dolphin

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:40 am

Yeah. I'm confused. ....Zamasu killed an ogre with a club, who didn't seem much more intelligent than the dinosaurs and animals in Dragon Ball. Is he out there killing all the animals? Does he draw the line with at bee the dog, birds, plants, or single celled organisms? It isn't clear.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:13 am

Peach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:40 am

Yeah. I'm confused. ....Zamasu killed an ogre with a club, who didn't seem much more intelligent than the dinosaurs and animals in Dragon Ball. Is he out there killing all the animals? Does he draw the line with at bee the dog, birds, plants, or single celled organisms? It isn't clear.
Considering how that ogre was using a tool like the Homo erectus species, I think it is fair to say that its species' intelligence has surpassed all other animals.

In any case, I think Zamasu would only go after the talking animals. You know, like the turtle and those anthropomorphic cats and dogs from the early DB manga.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am

The ogre was attacking Zamasu and Gowasu and getting ready to strike, he kind of had to do something. It was technically self-defence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55PTl2eNfo

We should remember that Zamasu was living in a lush forest while executing Project Zero Mortals, which means that he tolerated the birds, animals, insects, etc. that live inside a forest...

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:13 pm

I've wondered this myself. Intelligent animals like the Pterodactyl and Octopapa were predatory creatures who sought to trap and kill things. Does Zamasu tolerate them as part of the natural ecosystem?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:13 pm I've wondered this myself. Intelligent animals like the Pterodactyl and Octopapa were predatory creatures who sought to trap and kill things. Does Zamasu tolerate them as part of the natural ecosystem?
I think basically talking and clothes is probably where it's at. I mean tools are used by monkeys and birds.

I could see him escalating once we won and not being happy and shifting the goal posts and killing more. He's a shallow dick like that. Edgy teenager with godlike power.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:48 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am

The ogre was attacking Zamasu and Gowasu and getting ready to strike, he kind of had to do something. It was technically self-defence:

We should remember that Zamasu was living in a lush forest while executing Project Zero Mortals, which means that he tolerated the birds, animals, insects, etc. that live inside a forest...
Lol, "self-defense"

It was excessive force. That thing couldn't hurt a character on the level of Zamasu.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 am

Peach wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:48 pm

Lol, "self-defense"

It was excessive force. That thing couldn't hurt a character on the level of Zamasu.
No it was self-defense. You attack a God, you get punished for it. It's simple. Maybe next time the beast shouldn't attack two creatures who, VERY CLEARLY, are superior. Unless the beast was completely brainless (which is unlikely since dialogue verbatim implies they were gifted with some degree of intelligence), then it should have realized that Gowasu and Zamasu, being two Kais, weren't just other dinosaurs to smash.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:23 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 am

Lol, "self-defense"

No it was self-defense. You attack a God, you get punished for it. It's simple. Maybe next time the beast shouldn't attack two creatures who, VERY CLEARLY, are superior. Unless the beast was completely brainless (which is unlikely since dialogue verbatim implies they were gifted with some degree of intelligence), then it should have realized that Gowasu and Zamasu, being two Kais, weren't just other dinosaurs to smash.
He wasn't a god just an apprentice. He was 0 threat, it's like killing a downs syndrome toddler because they kick your shins. Worse as the power gap is larger.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:54 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:23 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 am
Lol, "self-defense"

He wasn't a god just an apprentice. He was 0 threat, it's like killing a downs syndrome toddler because they kick your shins. Worse as the power gap is larger.
He was a Kai, therefore he was a God. Gods in Dragon Ball are both a title/job and a species.

Kibito is also an apprentice but he still considers himself a God and superior to the mortals.

He was a threat to Gowasu at the very least, since Gowasu was completely frozen in fear and unable to do anything. Zamasu stepped in to defend him from the barbarian.