Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 81 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Galan007
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 81 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by Galan007 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:31 pm

This arc has been subpar, to say the least.

So at this point, I honestly wouldn't mind if they 'ported to Vampa, and Goku just said "Broly smash" or w/e. Would at least break some of the annoying repetition. /shrug

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Galan007 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:31 pm This arc has been subpar, to say the least.

So at this point, I honestly wouldn't mind if they 'ported to Vampa, and Goku just said "Broly smash" or w/e. Would at least break some of the annoying repetition. /shrug
You're not wrong. It'd be something at least. But I'd also think is proof that they're just throwing their hands in the hair and seeing what sticks.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:50 am Btw does anyone know what happened to Oatmeal?
Gas punched him off Granolah's face and it hasn't been seen since. There's a probability for Elec to use it as a hostage maybe, because he needs to defend himself now without Gas around.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:52 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:18 am
KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:50 am Btw does anyone know what happened to Oatmeal?
Gas punched him off Granolah's face and it hasn't been seen since. There's a probability for Elec to use it as a hostage maybe, because he needs to defend himself now without Gas around.
Well I never thought in all my life a eye patch would be a hostage if true. A very interesting thought you have my good sir

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:56 am

Goku is teleporting to...
MONAKA.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:19 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:56 am Goku is teleporting to...
MONAKA.
😂😂😂 Gas doesn’t know who he’s dealing with

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:04 pm

I think from a story standpoint, it's likely Goku and Gas are going to start off chapter 82 in a teleportation montage of various locales/planets - while continuing to battle. This is all part of Goku buying time for Granolah to be healed while also testing Gas' ability to keep up.

I've been aggressively catching up on the manga so this arc has been completely fine with me but - on a monthly basis - I can see how it's pacing can be frustrating. I also just don't understand how Bardock specifically would have defeated Gas and whether that will be revealed. If that doesn't get paid off in some way, it's a detriment to have Bardock even involved in this arc.

It's also suspect that Elec's wish was not shown on-page and he glosses over it when Gas acknowledges it again this chapter. My guess is the shortened time limit on Gas' life post-wish is the secret and once he understands that, he'll turn on Elec. Only Granolah can clarify that so the battle will make his way back to him for certain.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:21 pm

Pafupafu wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:04 pm I think from a story standpoint, it's likely Goku and Gas are going to start off chapter 82 in a teleportation montage of various locales/planets - while continuing to battle. This is all part of Goku buying time for Granolah to be healed while also testing Gas' ability to keep up.

I've been aggressively catching up on the manga so this arc has been completely fine with me but - on a monthly basis - I can see how it's pacing can be frustrating. I also just don't understand how Bardock specifically would have defeated Gas and whether that will be revealed. If that doesn't get paid off in some way, it's a detriment to have Bardock even involved in this arc.

It's also suspect that Elec's wish was not shown on-page and he glosses over it when Gas acknowledges it again this chapter. My guess is the shortened time limit on Gas' life post-wish is the secret and once he understands that, he'll turn on Elec. Only Granolah can clarify that so the battle will make his way back to him for certain.
Well that’s an interesting theory except Granolah eyes are well you know. And this arc is looking more and more that Goku will have to beat Gas by himself. I wonder if Goku will take what Whis told him about using UI in base that seems to be his only option. Other than if he meets with Broly.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm

Oh god. Oh god.

I just thought of a nightmare scenario for me.

They reveal that Bardock beat Gas by becoming...the true legendary super saiyan! He just doesn't remember it because he lost control or something.

It's SSJ4 and you need a tail and to be fighting for good or something.

Please don't let this be true. Please please please. Oh please Toritoyo.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:31 am

fleahop wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm They reveal that Bardock beat Gas by becoming...the true legendary super saiyan! He just doesn't remember it because he lost control or something.

That would be a forced thing to happen in a fight against Gas who logically should be maybe at Dodoria's level

Or are you telling me Gas was the strongest goon Frieza has had even including the Ginyu Force? And for some reason neither he nor the other Heeters were ever mentioned for ages until now :problem:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:42 am

fleahop wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm Oh god. Oh god.

They reveal that Bardock beat Gas by becoming...the true legendary super saiyan! He just doesn't remember it because he lost control or something.

Yeah, sure, let's do that. Who cares? Is it going to beat me up and steal my lunch money? Might be a fun idea to see play out, in fact!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:58 pm

He could also IT to the lookout to get healed.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:42 am
fleahop wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm Oh god. Oh god.

Yeah, sure, let's do that. Who cares? Is it going to beat me up and steal my lunch money? Might be a fun idea to see play out, in fact!
It's really telling how uneventful this arc is when the worst storytelling choice is still preferred because of how inert the narrative is.

Broly somehow appears? Fuck it.
Bardock actually becomes a supersaiyan but then just totally forgot he could do it. Why not?
Somehow, Palpatine has returned? Works for me.

You know what...just go full on scorch earth and burn everything: Bardock is somehow still alive.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:47 am

kemuri07 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 am It's really telling how uneventful this arc is when the worst storytelling choice is still preferred because of how inert the narrative is.

Broly somehow appears? Fuck it.
My husband is hot, please let me see more of him.
kemuri07 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 amBardock actually becomes a supersaiyan but then just totally forgot he could do it. Why not?
It was a moment of blind rage!
kemuri07 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 amSomehow, Palpatine has returned? Works for me.
Well, I'd say the issue was that they decided to introduce his return and death again in a single 2.5 movie instead of just saying "Perhaps this should be more than just one film?"
kemuri07 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 amYou know what...just go full on scorch earth and burn everything: Bardock is somehow still alive.
No, no, an injured Tullece appears and manipulates Goten (who still has Gokuu's haircut) into telling him about the Son family, which Goten is on the outs with because he hates how Gohan's spending all his time with his new daughter. Tullece talks about how he, too, misses his big brother who unfortunately died and then is surprised to learn about the Dragon Balls from Goten. Goten helps Tullece collect the Dragon Balls so that Tullece can see his big brother again! Tullece uses the Dragon Balls to revive his big brother and his family...Bardock, Gine, and Raditz!

Then we find out that Bardock left Tullece for dead on a mission because Gine didn't like the influence that Tullece was having on Raditz. :cool: But alas, Tullece and his merry band of space pirates have planted the seed of the Shinseiju on Earth and will now grow the fruit of the Shinseiju and eat it to grow stronger. Tullece manages to recruit Raditz to his side, giving Raditz a chance to eat the Shinseiju, too!

Wait, this has nothing to do with the Granola arc. Oh, well...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:58 am

I do wish the manga revolved around more characters than just Goku and Vegeta constantly, this to me is the biggest difference between Z and Super.

The Saiyan arc made use of Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and even Tien, Chiaotzu and Yajirobe.

The Namek arc had Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and Bulma in big roles.

The Android arc made use of practically everyone.

The Buu arc made use of Mr. Satan, Videl, Goten, Trunks, Gohan and plenty more.

Too much of Super is Goku and Vegeta like is happening again now and has been the case the entire arc. I really enjoyed the latter half of the Moro because it did make use of these different characters but it just doesn't happen enough.

The other problem I have is that the manga has become way too action oriented. It wasn't always like that in Z, there would be several chapters in a row with no fights whatsoever. You had things like the Great Saiyaman arc which changed up the pacing and tone but with Super it does feel like the majority of the series is Goku and Vegeta fighting someone.