Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi Launch Podcast About Vic Mignogna Defamation Case

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi Launch Podcast About Vic Mignogna Defamation Case

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:21 am

Despite what I said earlier, I am indeed losing my patience for the faux-"caring" approach of "caution". I will keep this brief.

If you are not willing to read the posts in the thread in full and listen to the actual topic of discussion for this thread (the podcast episode), not only are you under no obligation to post here, but you actually shouldn't post here at all.

The following is not a matter of opinion: Vic sued two ladies for defamation, took them to court, then not only told the court he did the things they said he did and then some, but actually demonstrated how he did those things.

Yes, you are being deceived, hoodwinked, led astray, conned, etc. if you continue to believe otherwise, and we don't have to listen to any excuses or misinformation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am

Hiring Shaddy to write all my posts from now on.

coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:08 am In this regard, i admit my views are "little" controversial, and could be seen as terrible, but yes, I'm radical in terms of politics, i go to media to escape from reality and all those political issues, so when someone puts any political propaganda, no matter left or right, i vote with my wallet and don't buy or listen to stuff with it, with that in mind, of course what Vic, people at Activision Blizzard etc. did, was terrible and inexcusable, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy anything Marchi or Schemmel is in.
Dragon Ball is political by it's very nature. Everything is political. You cannot escape politics. A political viewpoint is always going to be present in art.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am Hiring Shaddy to write all my posts from now on.
Nah, I dunno if I can match your chaotic energy.
coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:08 am In this regard, i admit my views are "little" controversial, and could be seen as terrible, but yes, I'm radical in terms of politics, i go to media to escape from reality and all those political issues, so when someone puts any political propaganda, no matter left or right, i vote with my wallet and don't buy or listen to stuff with it, with that in mind, of course what Vic, people at Activision Blizzard etc. did, was terrible and inexcusable, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy anything Marchi or Schemmel is in.
This statement is less overtly harmful and more just confusing to me. Like, outside of the fact that all art is a reflection of the biases and culture of its creator and is therefore political, I having a little trouble understanding why the mere concept of politics induces a boycott from you, even when its politics you agree with, and in this case, politics the people involved literally had no chance of escaping.

Like, spend your money however you want, but your reasoning for not supporting anything Marchi or Rial is in is...that they "made it political" by speaking publicly about an abuser, because otherwise Funimation probably wouldn't have done anything? They're just supposed to put up with it if they want your support? That doesn't exactly seem fair.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Even Dragon Ball had a few elements of politics worked into its story. Good examples are Freeza being based off of real estate managers or the homophobia surrounding General Blue.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Generally speaking when people whine about “political propaganda” in media they mean “gays , women wearing clothes, and racial minorities are present in my media”
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:35 pm Even Dragon Ball had a few elements of politics worked into its story. Good examples are Freeza being based off of real estate managers or the homophobia surrounding General Blue.
Or the tendency of female characters to become housewives or disappear from the story.

The idea of the world being governed under a single monarch (albeit this was probably to make Daimao’s world conquering easier than Toriyama making any statements on his preferred government)

Preserve nature (first Dragon Ball movie)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:16 pm

Hrlearts' story from Super Dragon Ball Heroes is also a loose political arc because he hates the gods for their roles.
She/Her
bisexual milf

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:17 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:27 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am Hiring Shaddy to write all my posts from now on.
coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:08 am
Like, spend your money however you want, but your reasoning for not supporting anything Marchi or Rial is in is...that they "made it political" by speaking publicly about an abuser, because otherwise Funimation probably wouldn't have done anything? They're just supposed to put up with it if they want your support? That doesn't exactly seem fair.
Sorry, should be more specific, reason I'm boycotting isnt because of speaking abuse, but because:
1. Dialogue changes in dubbing, putting political stuff where it doesnt belong.
2. I dont wanna support Funimation

By political propaganda, i meant stuff like Last of Us 2, and Mortal Kombat X (Especially for out of character changes)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:24 pm

coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:17 pm By political propaganda, i meant stuff like Last of Us 2, and Mortal Kombat X (Especially for out of character changes)
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:37 pm Generally speaking when people whine about “political propaganda” in media they mean “gays , women wearing clothes, and racial minorities are present in my media”
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:29 pm

But you’re going to buy items made in China in sweatshops and vote for conservative parties?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:41 pm

coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:17 pm Sorry, should be more specific, reason I'm boycotting isnt because of speaking abuse, but because:

By political propaganda, i meant stuff like Last of Us 2, and Mortal Kombat X (Especially for out of character changes)
But what political propaganda are they imposing that bothers you?

Are they advocating for communism? (Doubtful) Suggesting massive tax cuts? Arguing in favor of private education over public education? Arguing to tax the wealthy? Screaming ACAB? Suggesting we eat the rich?

Or is just more women and minorities being included in these games?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:49 pm

Did Rial and Marchi ever cite Mignogna’s supposed political views as part of their reason for why he’s bad?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:50 pm

I hope Monica and Jamie don't have a poor opinion of the Dragon Ball or anime communities. The misogynists who harassed them can't be anything more than an extremely fringe minority.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:05 pm

coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:17 pm
Shaddy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:27 pm
coola wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:08 am
Sorry, should be more specific, reason I'm boycotting isnt because of speaking abuse, but because:

Can you explain how Mortal Combat X has political changes and last of us?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:31 pm

mortal kombat X, from what i remember, literally just toned down the sex appeal, and even then you can argue that part of the reason they did was because the character designs were trying to be a bit mode realistic, and less comic book-ey. which most games of that generation did anyway, obviously a good portion of the reason was because of the backlash MK9, and fighting games in general, got for it's like, so absurd is this even sexy to anyone, style of fan service, but you're kinda just dumb if you think that's "radical".
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:36 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:31 pm mortal kombat X, from what i remember, literally just toned down the sex appeal, and even then you can argue that part of the reason they did was because the character designs were trying to be a bit mode realistic, and less comic book-ey. which most games of that generation did anyway, obviously a good portion of the reason was because of the backlash MK9, and fighting games in general, got for it's like, so absurd is this even sexy to anyone, style of fan service, but you're kinda just dumb if you think that's "radical".
That's kinda curious to me since FFVIIR achieved the same thing while maintaining a very anime-esque feel to it.

Jesus Christ, did they make Cloud and Sephiroth hotter, though.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:40 pm

the FF7 tifa re-design "discourse" was sweaty, but the FF8 rinoa Pixel Breast Height change "discours", is maybe the most sweaty thing known to man.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:48 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:31 pm mortal kombat X, from what i remember, literally just toned down the sex appeal, and even then you can argue that part of the reason they did was because the character designs were trying to be a bit mode realistic, and less comic book-ey. which most games of that generation did anyway, obviously a good portion of the reason was because of the backlash MK9, and fighting games in general, got for it's like, so absurd is this even sexy to anyone, style of fan service, but you're kinda just dumb if you think that's "radical".
I see, so because women weren’t made to be hypersexualised and objectified apparently the game is not good anymore? Fuck me.

So with the last of us apparently Abby was the problem character, people called her a tr*nny for being muscular, even though in the game she is not manly muscular, just built? I’ve read through comments saying this isn’t realistic but I’ve literally seen other women that look like this. One actually played basketball against me years and years ago, she was a brute to say the least, very hard to play against.

Went on Reddit and the arguments are “women are more likely to look like Tifa in a post apocalyptic world, it’s not realistic”, completely ignoring the fact men are constantly fucking jacked in these kinds of games and no one bats an eye. I don’t want any of the men here to feel like I’m digging at you because I’m not (not digging at people like Shaddy for example), I’m digging at most men though because look how much backlash a woman who is built got for not having hips and for not playing along with the male fantasy. And men complain so fucking much, I always hear this, I’ve heard it since high school; “tits or ass?”… so when we say we want a man who is taller than us we get called shallow even though we need to constantly hear about how “natural” these extremely high standards are for us? God fucking help me.

And I know it’s really shitty to not be someone’s type, but the fact is our value as people are constantly put into that, being the majorities type, it’s just tiring and mentally and physically draining. Then you get accused of being trans because you’re not 4’3 and look like you’re 14 because Matt gates types love children.

Alright I’m done with the vent.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:53 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:40 pm the FF7 tifa re-design "discourse" was sweaty, but the FF8 rinoa Pixel Breast Height change "discours", is maybe the most sweaty thing known to man.
I didn't even know about the latter. Wow.

I mean, even in the case of the former...it's not even a big change? They just gave her a bra. You can still tell how massive her boobs are, especially in that incredible blue dress I don't totally wish I could rock
She/Her
bisexual milf

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:58 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:53 pm I mean, even in the case of the former...it's not even a big change? They just gave her a bra. You can still tell how massive her boobs are, especially in that incredible blue dress I don't totally wish I could rock
it's funny too because tifa, as a character, would probably have some more layers anyway, given that, you know, she got slashed with a sword in her chest.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:58 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:53 pm I mean, even in the case of the former...it's not even a big change? They just gave her a bra. You can still tell how massive her boobs are, especially in that incredible blue dress I don't totally wish I could rock
it's funny too because tifa, as a character, would probably have some more layers anyway, given that, you know, she got slashed with a sword in her chest.
Woah now, characterization in clothing? Say it ain't so, Soppa!
She/Her
bisexual milf