Toyotaro must stop copying kishimoto

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Toyotaro must stop copying kishimoto

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:07 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:31 am This thread sure is something. I'm not sure if it's blind hate for what Toyo does or something, but honestly speaking there doesn't seem to be much critical thinking going on. Leaps in logic, and such huge reaches that I should contact NASA cause it appears humans have already reached Mars.

Like seriously weapons, and eye powers haven't been exclusive to Kishimotos work (Kurapikas story is closer to Granolahs), and the way weapons were utilised by Gas was incredibly cool and not limited to any style of weaponry. Against Granolah he utilised multiple weapons and not just "ninja" weapons. In his bout against Goku he actually felt like a godly final boss thanks to his mastery of matter and enviroment manipulation.

Gas is just that, a master in matter, and enviromental manipulation. I don't know what more needs to be said. Granolah has an eye power and he wanted revenge against another species. Revenge stories are common place in manga. Honestly nit pick enough and make vast reaches in logic and everything ever will be a carbon copy of dot dot dot.

Oh I wanted to add that I've seen a comment saying that Granolahs clones poof out like Narutos. In answer to that it's not even close, I went through the naruto manga to confirm, but yeah, not even remotely close in appearance to the shadow clones poof.
The fact that I complained about toyotaro...means that I hate it? lol no, that's a ridiculous argument... i think merus is a shitty character and toriyama did this... and i consider elec one of the best things in this saga i even made a theme about it... i'm criticicing him when he deserves it ... that they do not want to see it is something else

and that fight feels like a copy of naruto's .... because again it's not just the ninja weapons (which makes no sense when they destroy planets) + you add an avenger with a red eye that has been manipulated .... to kill the "apparent killer" of your race + clones that disappear in smoke (if they have a resemblance) and
flashbacks that last an entire chapter .... lol and people complained about jiren but this is apparently fine ....

and I have seen HxH but it looks more like naruto for everything I have mentioned
because not only is this an isolated event all together in one chapter which makes it a copy

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:10 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:31 am This thread sure is something. I'm not sure if it's blind hate for what Toyo does or something, but honestly speaking there doesn't seem to be much critical thinking going on. Leaps in logic, and such huge reaches that I should contact NASA cause it appears humans have already reached Mars.

Like seriously weapons, and eye powers haven't been exclusive to Kishimotos work (Kurapikas story is closer to Granolahs), and the way weapons were utilised by Gas was incredibly cool and not limited to any style of weaponry. Against Granolah he utilised multiple weapons and not just "ninja" weapons. In his bout against Goku he actually felt like a godly final boss thanks to his mastery of matter and enviroment manipulation.

Gas is just that, a master in matter, and enviromental manipulation. I don't know what more needs to be said. Granolah has an eye power and he wanted revenge against another species. Revenge stories are common place in manga. Honestly nit pick enough and make vast reaches in logic and everything ever will be a carbon copy of dot dot dot.

Oh I wanted to add that I've seen a comment saying that Granolahs clones poof out like Narutos. In answer to that it's not even close, I went through the naruto manga to confirm, but yeah, not even remotely close in appearance to the shadow clones poof.
The fact that I complained about toyotaro...means that I hate it? lol no, that's a ridiculous argument... i think merus is a shitty character and toriyama did this... and i consider elec one of the best things in this saga i even made a theme about it... i'm criticicing him when he deserves it ... that they do not want to see it is something else

and that fight feels like a copy of naruto's .... because again it's not just the ninja weapons (which makes no sense when they destroy planets) + you add an avenger with a red eye that has been manipulated .... to kill the "apparent killer" of your race + clones that disappear in smoke (if they have a resemblance) and
flashbacks that last an entire chapter .... lol and people complained about jiren but this is apparently fine ....

and I have seen HxH but it looks more like naruto for everything I have mentioned
because not only is this an isolated event all together in one chapter which makes it a copy

Saimaroimaru wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:51 pm There is a strain of jealously among certain corners of the community that are mad that they weren't chosen to head up what we now know as DB Super. It doesn't matter if your idea sounds better on paper, you aren't writing a novel, but drawing & penning an manga series. At least Toyotaro put in the work over time and was chosen.

Do I think DBS is some masterpiece? No, but I never expected the DB franchise to have award winning writing, regardless who is in charge of the story.
Lol the only one who feels that... is the Spaniard on twitter who constantly mentions that toyotaro has stolen his work, DBAF

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:13 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:07 am

Bro come on now, surely you can see how much you're reaching to make your awkward jigsaw puzzle fit. You're removing all nuance from both stories to force this situation. Wanting to kill your brother vs a whole race is an entirely different thing, and the way its handled is entirely different since Goku and Vegeta arent at fault at all since they werent a part of the confilct at the time, so your apparent killer argument holds no weight since Granolah knows they werent at fault. This is a sins of your father story, which is funny because in the end the father of Goku didnt sin.

Also nothing in Dragonball makes sense when it comes to power anymore, these guys can destroy a universe but go all out on planets and barely destroy a mountain. Also, Gas weapons aren't your standard weapons since they're made by his ki, so their potency would be much more than a standard sword, joust, shield or Kunai. And please let the clone thing die, the clone thing has been done before in DB, and unlike with Naruto it has a major downside since its not a clone like in Naruto but Granolah is literally splitting himself, his power divides because of it, and any damage the clones receive are inflicted upon him when they return. The risk vs reward is entirely different than in naruto where the shadow clones really have no downside. Also nitpicking this one ability is rather annoying when the wish has gifted them almost every ability under the sun, so them showing off useful moves which have existed in DB prior is not in anyway a copy, especially when the the ability you're arguing for being a copy isn't even remotely close.

Surely the flashback thing doesn't need to be brought up, like dude you know that ain't it. An arc that's rooted in the past needs flashbacks, how else can it bloody tell the story its trying to tell. Its connected to Bardock and how the saiyans history has led to the lone survivor of a race that they essentially destroyed.

Come on man, use some critical thinking and don't be one of those "illuminate confirmed" people. All you're doing is begging the question. There's no argument to be had when an argument boils down to said person forcing themselves to confirm their own belief. And to strip back Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball and such is honestly unfair to the authors of the work. Theirs so much more going on in all of them that they aren't even close to being copied. So please stop cherry picking examples and manipulating said examples to fit your narrative.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:13 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:07 am

Bro come on now, surely you can see how much you're reaching to make your awkward jigsaw puzzle fit. You're removing all nuance from both stories to force this situation. Wanting to kill your brother vs a whole race is an entirely different thing, and the way its handled is entirely different since Goku and Vegeta arent at fault at all since they werent a part of the confilct at the time, so your apparent killer argument holds no weight since Granolah knows they werent at fault. This is a sins of your father story, which is funny because in the end the father of Goku didnt sin.

Also nothing in Dragonball makes sense when it comes to power anymore, these guys can destroy a universe but go all out on planets and barely destroy a mountain. Also, Gas weapons aren't your standard weapons since they're made by his ki, so their potency would be much more than a standard sword, joust, shield or Kunai. And please let the clone thing die, the clone thing has been done before in DB, and unlike with Naruto it has a major downside since its not a clone like in Naruto but Granolah is literally splitting himself, his power divides because of it, and any damage the clones receive are inflicted upon him when they return. The risk vs reward is entirely different than in naruto where the shadow clones really have no downside. Also nitpicking this one ability is rather annoying when the wish has gifted them almost every ability under the sun, so them showing off useful moves which have existed in DB prior is not in anyway a copy, especially when the the ability you're arguing for being a copy isn't even remotely close.

Surely the flashback thing doesn't need to be brought up, like dude you know that ain't it. An arc that's rooted in the past needs flashbacks, how else can it bloody tell the story its trying to tell. Its connected to Bardock and how the saiyans history has led to the lone survivor of a race that they essentially destroyed.

Come on man, use some critical thinking and don't be one of those "illuminate confirmed" people. All you're doing is begging the question. There's no argument to be had when an argument boils down to said person forcing themselves to confirm their own belief. And to strip back Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball and such is honestly unfair to the authors of the work. Theirs so much more going on in all of them that they aren't even close to being copied. So please stop cherry picking examples and manipulating said examples to fit your narrative.
The problem is you're seeing everything as isolated things... when it's not like that... the time goku used the susanoo I didn't give importance to it because it was something all at once... but it adds up all the facts
susanoo + clones that disintegrate in smoke + fights with ninja weapons + red eyed avenger what would you think? you will not deny me that in naruto
I'm not manipulating anything .... it's what reflects everything together in this case the battle and no ... it doesn't matter if the character is not exactly the same .... all that felt more like a battle of naruto

sorry but the argument of "nothing in Dragon Ball is not consistent" does not help you ... and I would recommend you not to be so conformist
You make up the gas thing... because an attack made of energy is like that...

How was the story of trunks shown in the toriyama version? besides that toriyama never showed things that way...remember when shin explained kid buu's appearance

you can have your own opinion of course
but that's the "you hate toyotaro" argument just to criticize what seems dumb to me

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:55 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pmHow was the story of trunks shown in the toriyama version? besides that toriyama never showed things that way...remember when shin explained kid buu's appearance
The original anime had several flashbacks that either never appeared in the manga or only mentioned in a single panel. I think it's unfair to argue using common old tropes as a sign he's stealing from a single story. I say DBS as a whole has taken some inspiration from modern shonen. It's pretty difficult to find any current series that hasn't been inspired by several that came before it. I understand if you want to criticize them but it feels like you're criticizing the idea of taking inspiration from other series and not the ideas themselves or how they're being used.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pm

Skar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:55 am
Tai Lung wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pmHow was the story of trunks shown in the toriyama version? besides that toriyama never showed things that way...remember when shin explained kid buu's appearance
The original anime had several flashbacks that either never appeared in the manga or only mentioned in a single panel. I think it's unfair to argue using common old tropes as a sign he's stealing from a single story. I say DBS as a whole has taken some inspiration from modern shonen. It's pretty difficult to find any current series that hasn't been inspired by several that came before it. I understand if you want to criticize them but it feels like you're criticizing the idea of taking inspiration from other series and not the ideas themselves or how they're being used.
I have clearly stated that part of the criticism given is the poor implementation ... what is the point of using ninja weapons with characters that destroy galaxies ... at least they should have tried to be more unique and use energy weapons

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 am

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pm
The problem is you're seeing everything as isolated things... when it's not like that... the time goku used the susanoo I didn't give importance to it because it was something all at once... but it adds up all the facts
susanoo + clones that disintegrate in smoke + fights with ninja weapons + red eyed avenger what would you think? you will not deny me that in naruto
I'm not manipulating anything .... it's what reflects everything together in this case the battle and no ... it doesn't matter if the character is not exactly the same .... all that felt more like a battle of naruto

sorry but the argument of "nothing in Dragon Ball is not consistent" does not help you ... and I would recommend you not to be so conformist

How was the story of trunks shown in the toriyama version? besides that toriyama never showed things that way...remember when shin explained kid buu's appearance

but that's the "you hate toyotaro" argument just to criticize what seems dumb to me
You are manipulating the evidence though because you keep on forcing these things to fit. Gas uses a myriad of weapons, and the ninja weapons are used less than the rest yet you homed in on that because it confirms your belief. Again, see begging the question. We've been through the clones so I fail to see why we need to keep brining that up. They are nothing like shadow clones, and even with one panel where there's a possibility they've poofed out of existence they still aren't remotely close in any other way. Granolah being a red eyed avenger does connect to Hunter x Hunter and Naruto in an entirely superficial way, but that's when we remove all nuance from all three series portrayals. So the red eyed avenger is owned by Togashis work then if we're only going to look at these things on the surface. Also whilst on the subject of "copying" Kishimoto borrowed Sasukes story from old Japanese tales. Same way that Toriyama did with Son wukong with Db and later some Superman similarities. Those are much more blatant that what you're trying to do here with Toyo where all you have are superficial similarities and nothing related through the story, and don't say a revenge story since that's far too broad. A lone survivor as with Granolah is super common too, but one place it can't be borrowed from is naruto since Sasuke isn't the only member left in his clan.

The ki avatar that Goku pulled out was a bit sus. It isn't established prior in Dragonball, and it has no reason to even be a thing, and is never explained. So yeah, that could be inspired by narutos Susanoo/ bijuu chakra mode. That isn't a part of the Granolah arc though, and I would rather keep this conversation isolated there since I don't understand your argument still.. are you saying that the Granolah arc is partly copied from Naruto? Because everything you've mentioned is purely superficial and partly cherry picked to boot.

In regards to Gas' weapons it's not whether DB is consistent or not, but the fact that you're arguing about weapons that are clearly much more powerful than a regular sword, kunai, shield or whatever. Like it seems like your critique is entirely to do with the fact that they look like earthly weapons and thats all. The story clearly shows us they're much more. Gas weapons do have a new rulebook since this ability of Gas's seems to be new to the series. So I will look into what is shown by Gas weapons that separates them from regular weapons using deduction. We see Gas conjuring the weapons out of thin air and sometimes with an aura around them, we see the weapons fading from existence when Gas leaves them be on some occasions. An example is when the axe is by Gokus head when he is pinned on the ground. One thing of note is Gas makes them fade from existence when they no longer serve a purpose, such as in the scene where the axe by Gokus head fades away, we still see the fork that was keeping Granolah in place in the background. Another plain as day showing that these aren't ordinary weapons is the durability, examples being Goku using an absurd amount of effort to break Gas' hand blade when he can easily bend a gun and such in base, Gas shields can take physical blows off of the godly characters and be totally unharmed, and remain totally unfazed when facing barrages of Ki blasts. In Fact they're so durable that we see the same attacks harming Gas when they connect with his body, meaning that the durability of his shields is well beyond that of Gas himself since they are totally unfazed, and Gas feels the need to use his shields to block said attacks. The potency of the weapons clearly works in a similar way since Gas physical blows seem to fall behind his conjured weapons in terms of offensive potency. Our characters not being able to break through his shields, and his weapons being deadly clearly shows that these aren't your regular weapons and are greater in durability than planets (since casual attacks have been planetary in potency since Pure Buu) and if you want to complain about that.. well then I don't know anymore. You're so fixated on superficial aspects that there can not be a conversation to be had any longer if you refuse to bend since all evidence shows that these are similar to our earthly weapons in appearance only. Just use some deductive reasoning man, come on! It's only contradicting previous information if you choose to ignore almost everything we know about the series power scaling. You see, you're isolating the weapons from the series as a whole.

Toriyama may have done flashbacks differently, but Trunks backstory didn't need to have flashbacks like this arc since this arc has so many totally unfamiliar characters who play such integral roles in the story, who are connected to Granolah in multiple ways, who is a character we knew nothing about prior. You see how its one giant question mark. With the androids we know how Gokus actions led to such creations since we see him destroy the RR, and due to such actions machine's were made to kill him, but here we find out that the Granolahs history has a lot more to it than meets the eye. It's filled with twists unlike Trunks history. Also different authors can handle flashbacks differently, Toyo isn't Tori afterall but no matter what Kishimoto definitely doesn't own flashbacks, and it's idiotic to try and claim such.

Now do I think you blindly hate Toyos work? I kinda do, this arc has many flaws that actually can be critically evaluated, but you've resorted to such poor arguments that have very little to even do with the story. This story deserves much more respect than you're showing it (which is saying something because I haven't liked it). I do believe he will have drawn inspiration from modern Shonen series, but the way you're posing it is much more antagonistic than it needs to be. In almost any series we can claim that its a copy of another if we do what you have done here. That's the issue with cherry picking and manipulating evidence. Even now you continue to call Gas' ability just "ninja weapons" when ninja weapons are barely used by him when compared with his many others.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:40 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 am
Tai Lung wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pm

You are manipulating the evidence though because you keep on forcing these things to fit. Gas uses a myriad of weapons, and the ninja weapons are used less than the rest yet you homed in on that because it confirms your belief. Again, see begging the question. We've been through the clones so I fail to see why we need to keep brining that up. They are nothing like shadow clones, and even with one panel where there's a possibility they've poofed out of existence they still aren't remotely close in any other way. Granolah being a red eyed avenger does connect to Hunter x Hunter and Naruto in an entirely superficial way, but that's when we remove all nuance from all three series portrayals. So the red eyed avenger is owned by Togashis work then if we're only going to look at these things on the surface. Also whilst on the subject of "copying" Kishimoto borrowed Sasukes story from old Japanese tales. Same way that Toriyama did with Son wukong with Db and later some Superman similarities. Those are much more blatant that what you're trying to do here with Toyo where all you have are superficial similarities and nothing related through the story, and don't say a revenge story since that's far too broad. A lone survivor as with Granolah is super common too, but one place it can't be borrowed from is naruto since Sasuke isn't the only member left in his clan.

The ki avatar that Goku pulled out was a bit sus. It isn't established prior in Dragonball, and it has no reason to even be a thing, and is never explained. So yeah, that could be inspired by narutos Susanoo/ bijuu chakra mode. That isn't a part of the Granolah arc though, and I would rather keep this conversation isolated there since I don't understand your argument still.. are you saying that the Granolah arc is partly copied from Naruto? Because everything you've mentioned is purely superficial and partly cherry picked to boot.

In regards to Gas' weapons it's not whether DB is consistent or not, but the fact that you're arguing about weapons that are clearly much more powerful than a regular sword, kunai, shield or whatever. Like it seems like your critique is entirely to do with the fact that they look like earthly weapons and thats all. The story clearly shows us they're much more. Gas weapons do have a new rulebook since this ability of Gas's seems to be new to the series. So I will look into what is shown by Gas weapons that separates them from regular weapons using deduction. We see Gas conjuring the weapons out of thin air and sometimes with an aura around them, we see the weapons fading from existence when Gas leaves them be on some occasions. An example is when the axe is by Gokus head when he is pinned on the ground. One thing of note is Gas makes them fade from existence when they no longer serve a purpose, such as in the scene where the axe by Gokus head fades away, we still see the fork that was keeping Granolah in place in the background. Another plain as day showing that these aren't ordinary weapons is the durability, examples being Goku using an absurd amount of effort to break Gas' hand blade when he can easily bend a gun and such in base, Gas shields can take physical blows off of the godly characters and be totally unharmed, and remain totally unfazed when facing barrages of Ki blasts. In Fact they're so durable that we see the same attacks harming Gas when they connect with his body, meaning that the durability of his shields is well beyond that of Gas himself since they are totally unfazed, and Gas feels the need to use his shields to block said attacks. The potency of the weapons clearly works in a similar way since Gas physical blows seem to fall behind his conjured weapons in terms of offensive potency. Our characters not being able to break through his shields, and his weapons being deadly clearly shows that these aren't your regular weapons and are greater in durability than planets (since casual attacks have been planetary in potency since Pure Buu) and if you want to complain about that.. well then I don't know anymore. You're so fixated on superficial aspects that there can not be a conversation to be had any longer if you refuse to bend since all evidence shows that these are similar to our earthly weapons in appearance only. Just use some deductive reasoning man, come on! It's only contradicting previous information if you choose to ignore almost everything we know about the series power scaling. You see, you're isolating the weapons from the series as a whole.

Toriyama may have done flashbacks differently, but Trunks backstory didn't need to have flashbacks like this arc since this arc has so many totally unfamiliar characters who play such integral roles in the story, who are connected to Granolah in multiple ways, who is a character we knew nothing about prior. You see how its one giant question mark. With the androids we know how Gokus actions led to such creations since we see him destroy the RR, and due to such actions machine's were made to kill him, but here we find out that the Granolahs history has a lot more to it than meets the eye. It's filled with twists unlike Trunks history. Also different authors can handle flashbacks differently, Toyo isn't Tori afterall but no matter what Kishimoto definitely doesn't own flashbacks, and it's idiotic to try and claim such.

Now do I think you blindly hate Toyos work? I kinda do, this arc has many flaws that actually can be critically evaluated, but you've resorted to such poor arguments that have very little to even do with the story. This story deserves much more respect than you're showing it (which is saying something because I haven't liked it). I do believe he will have drawn inspiration from modern Shonen series, but the way you're posing it is much more antagonistic than it needs to be. In almost any series we can claim that its a copy of another if we do what you have done here. That's the issue with cherry picking and manipulating evidence. Even now you continue to call Gas' ability just "ninja weapons" when ninja weapons are barely used by him when compared with his many others.
Which supposedly doesn't fit...? the ninja weapons are used as they would be in naruto... steel rods, kunais, shurikens and explosive steel balls and the only thing that doesn't fit are the sword/shields which doesn't change at all... the previous weapons

the clones disappear leaving a black dust ...
and no, it doesn't matter that it doesn't exactly equal
reflect the same style that they are trying to copy

but the difference is considerable ... toriyama was inspired by star wars too but his fights and characters are nothing like star wars .... something that here feels like they are trying to copy kishimoto's style ... because again he is stupid that at heights steel weapons and explosives are used
the gas ability is simply transporting weapons from elsewhere....
now you will tell me that the train that he threw at goku is also a magical one or something like that....

false a lot of characters that died and are not important the only exception is bardock ... the same example with buu .. the kaioshin are barely mentioned to summarize the important thing ... bardock saving granolah when his mother basically died ... the rest does not matter
that toyo is not toriyama it doesn't matter that he at least respects the style of the series... it would be the right thing not to imitate one that doesn't fit

I think you're a fan who loves everything toyo does? yes I think you do ... doesn't sound convincing huh?
because again the poor argument you are giving if you think that everyone should hate something with which they do not agree ...
the style that toyo is copying...too much modern shonen more specifically naruto... "no he's not copying naruto he's copying HXH" why does that matter? It doesn't matter... that style doesn't suit the series at all

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 am

There's no point in replying any more. Jeez, seriously you ignored so much. Anyway a quick last one.
You spoke about poofing shadow clones and then used water clones which rarely appear in Naruto. Also Water clones clearly look like water, Granolahs clones don't at all. Even so moving the goal posts much. You commit so many logical fallacies there's no discussion to be had.
Also just go and look at Gas weapons. There's jousts, arm blades, Spiked mace staffs, Axes, Giant mallets, rope darts, shields, Spiked doors, and more. Also the ball and chain Gas used is medieval in origin, not a ninja weapon. Gas uses weapons from all different cultures, time periods etc. Of course a few will show up in Naruto since they also some Japanese style weapons, but even then Gas primarily used weapons of different origin.

Oh and the train he throws did no god damn damage to Goku.. what next you'll complain about the Freeza arc where Freeza throws rocks at Goku and he has to avoid them and destroy them because they'd damage him otherwise? Telekinesis in Dragonball repeatedly shows us that the object becomes more damaging, but no the train here doesn't hurt Goku at all, but if it did it would still fit the series as mentioned with Freeza or with Guldo against Gohan and Kuririn (all of these characters were close to planetary or straight up planetary in durability). Gas weapons clearly are potent and so are his shields durability, there's also the fact they fade, like energy fading away, when Gas is done with them (as mentioned prior they dont just straight up vainsh but we see them revert to some form of energy and dissapear), or the fact he can cause them to explode. His shields are the biggest clue that these arent normal either beca.... actually I'm stopping with this part here, it falls on deaf ears so whats the point.

Your argument with me loving everything Toyo falls totally flat since I said I don't like this arc in the post you replied to. I took a break from posting about the manga because I disliked the direction and the way it was being handled in this arc in regards to pacing and the story seemingly coming in second to action. The difference is your criticisms aren't just, Tai Lung.

And with that I'll no longer reply.. I could've gone into more depth but honestly I haven't got the energy to converse with you any longer due to you clearly skimming over certain parts of the reply, or straight up ignoring them. Your minds made up clearly, so there was no point in even creating this thread in all honestly, or you thought people would agree, but given the consensus that isn't the case either... so I'm really not sure

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pmI have clearly stated that part of the criticism given is the poor implementation ... what is the point of using ninja weapons with characters that destroy galaxies ... at least they should have tried to be more unique and use energy weapons
You mentioned flashbacks like that concept was stolen from a specific story. I could be wrong but I assumed Gas channeled his ki into the weapons he used like Trunks with his sword and Beerus with chopsticks. In the GoD battle Royale, Belmod had playing cards and Helles had arrows that could damage other GoDs so they definitely weren't regular weapons.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 am There's no point in replying any more. Jeez, seriously you ignored so much. Anyway a quick last one.
You spoke about poofing shadow clones and then used water clones which rarely appear in Naruto. Also Water clones clearly look like water, Granolahs clones don't at all. Even so moving the goal posts much. You commit so many logical fallacies there's no discussion to be had.
Also just go and look at Gas weapons. There's jousts, arm blades, Spiked mace staffs, Axes, Giant mallets, rope darts, shields, Spiked doors, and more. Also the ball and chain Gas used is medieval in origin, not a ninja weapon. Gas uses weapons from all different cultures, time periods etc. Of course a few will show up in Naruto since they also some Japanese style weapons, but even then Gas primarily used weapons of different origin.
what supposedly I ignored it...?
and what does it matter? both are from naruto...and i clearly said that clones are a clear thing taken from them...
I have put the image ... they do look like ... they look quite alike
here... the only fallacy i see... is "you hate toyotaro that's why your opinion doesn't matter" which is ridiculous
How does that change that they continue to use kunais, shurikens and explosive steel balls?
yes...other weapons were used...but again it becomes suspicious when you add clones and the red-eyed avenger into the equation..
Sora Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 am Oh and the train he throws did no god damn damage to Goku.. what next you'll complain about the Freeza arc where Freeza throws rocks at Goku and he has to avoid them and destroy them because they'd damage him otherwise? Telekinesis in Dragonball repeatedly shows us that the object becomes more damaging, but no the train here doesn't hurt Goku at all, but if it did it would still fit the series as mentioned with Freeza or with Guldo against Gohan and Kuririn (all of these characters were close to planetary or straight up planetary in durability). Gas weapons clearly are potent and so are his shields durability, there's also the fact they fade, like energy fading away, when Gas is done with them (as mentioned prior they dont just straight up vainsh but we see them revert to some form of energy and dissapear), or the fact he can cause them to explode. His shields are the biggest clue that these arent normal either beca.... actually I'm stopping with this part here, it falls on deaf ears so whats the point.

No, this is not doing harm... you have to learn the difference

Bad example...piccolo says that goku is holding back...and frieza is playing too..
goku here is transformed into SSB and fights for his life
It could literally be that he is just teleporting them
weapons can have explosives... again the example of the steel ball .. which in fact is what Tenten's weapon did
and telekinesis doesn't do miracles... goku couldn't block the train like he did with the stones
Sora Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 am Your argument with me loving everything Toyo falls totally flat since I said I don't like this arc in the post you replied to. I took a break from posting about the manga because I disliked the direction and the way it was being handled in this arc in regards to pacing and the story seemingly coming in second to action. The difference is your criticisms aren't just, Tai Lung.
I am giving you as an example... that the argument of accusing someone of hating or wanting something is irrelevant.... I have already repeated that there are thing that I don't like and others that I do
Sora Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 am And with that I'll no longer reply.. I could've gone into more depth but honestly I haven't got the energy to converse with you any longer due to you clearly skimming over certain parts of the reply, or straight up ignoring them. Your minds made up clearly, so there was no point in even creating this thread in all honestly, or you thought people would agree, but given the consensus that isn't the case either... so I'm really not sure
I have clearly said that I do not care at all ... everyone can have the opinion they want ... and if someone agrees with me (I saw a user out there who did) then that's fine ... and if not, that's fine

it is not my point to want to offend anyone here ... so see you and good luck
Skar wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:16 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pmI have clearly stated that part of the criticism given is the poor implementation ... what is the point of using ninja weapons with characters that destroy galaxies ... at least they should have tried to be more unique and use energy weapons
You mentioned flashbacks like that concept was stolen from a specific story. I could be wrong but I assumed Gas channeled his ki into the weapons he used like Trunks with his sword and Beerus with chopsticks. In the GoD battle Royale, Belmod had playing cards and Helles had arrows that could damage other GoDs so they definitely weren't regular weapons.
mentions modern shonen and specifically for the importance they give to the overrated minato-bardock
the train you threw at him also has power?
I will remind you that 18 broke the sword of trunks even the z sword that gohan had
the clown cards clearly have energy because they glowed maybe helles too

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm

So how long until Monkey D. Dragon starts getting his due importance for people to go:

• "Hurr Dragon is oVeRrAtEd!11!1!! duur".
• "Noooo, Dragon diminishes everything Luffy has done, nooooooo. Oda stop copying Kishimoto and Toriyama!".
• "Bad Eiichiro Oda, giving spotlight to Dragon. He can't have it, he can't, he can't! He has no attachment to Luffy. Stop it, it's bad!".

See how Minato and Bardock are now getting the same treatment, but Dragon isn't. That is because he has barely appeared, but seeing that people don't like protagonists' fathers getting their own fair share of development and screentime, I can only stay here and wait for the time when shit is about to hit Dragon too eventually.

Maybe the worst crime a fictional character can commit is being the father of a protagonist?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:13 am

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pmmentions modern shonen and specifically for the importance they give to the overrated minato-bardock
I will remind you that 18 broke the sword of trunks even the z sword that gohan had
I think 18 broke Trunks' sword because she was more powerful than him so she overcame the ki he channels into the sword. Gas is slightly stronger Granolah so his ki-infused weapons should still do damage.

Some of these concepts existed before DB especially flashbacks. Toyotaro was called out for tracing so if he's obviously stealing from one specific story and not giving credit then he'd have more people calling him out than just you. There's been some inspiration from modern shonen for DBS as a whole based on them likely running out of ideas so this could be the same.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Skar wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:13 am
Tai Lung wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pmmentions modern shonen and specifically for the importance they give to the overrated minato-bardock
I think 18 broke Trunks' sword because she was more powerful than him so she overcame the ki he channels into the sword. Gas is slightly stronger Granolah so his ki-infused weapons should still do damage.

Some of these concepts existed before DB especially flashbacks. Toyotaro was called out for tracing so if he's obviously stealing from one specific story and not giving credit then he'd have more people calling him out than just you. There's been some inspiration from modern shonen for DBS as a whole based on them likely running out of ideas so this could be the same.
Yajirebe was able to cut vegeta distracted but he overcomes it ....
that not many complained that toyotaro traces his art and even did it with a marvel cover?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:16 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 pmYajirebe was able to cut vegeta distracted but he overcomes it ....
that not many complained that toyotaro traces his art and even did it with a marvel cover?
The tail might be a weak point since I don't think Yajirobe could've cut off Vegeta's arm. What do you mean by the last sentence? Fans called him out when they believed he was tracing but I think you're the only one arguing he's still multiple ideas from Naruto.