A God of Destruction always being weaker than an Angel(?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentMan
Banned

A God of Destruction always being weaker than an Angel(?)

Post by KentMan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:54 pm

As far as anyone knows Beerus is obviously not stronger than Whis or Merus when he had his tenshi powers. I would point out that Goku admits that he’s at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to UI in comparison to Merus Whis and the Grand Priest. I guess some fans really wanted Beerus to hang with Whis and the GP based on what I’ve read on YouTube. They took that interview as saying that he was on par with Whis ridiculous.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A Hakaishin always being weaker than Tenshi

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:26 pm

I wouldn’t say Merus is stronger than Beerus since the former was just a trainee, thus why Beerus was so casual about Moro with Merus’ powers. It should be common knowledge that fully fledged Angels are always stronger than their Hakaishins though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:39 pm

One thing I would arguably say that could contradict this notion of all Angels being stronger than their GoD's is that it could just be strictly in terms of being superior in regard to martial arts technique enough to warrant having them around as their superior in teaching but not necessarily raw strength, this is something seen in Dragonball time and time again.

Goku under Master Roshi pretty much matched him strength wise in the 21st Tenkaichi - only losing due to Roshi deliberately goading Goku into a kick knowing he had short legs. But Roshi was still poised as the teacher following this.

Goku training under Kami surpassed him in strength at some point during his training before the 23rd Tenkaichi but would still continue training under him until the tournament, because of Kami's skill and teachings.

Likewise with King Kai, Goku surpassed him in physical strength before the end of his training, yet still trained with him until the Saiyans arrived.

I don't think its a foregone conclusion that just because Whis is stated to be above Beerus, that every other Angel is physically above their GoD. (I mean I do presume this to be the case still, but there is clear precedent in Dragonball teacher and student dynamics that contradict this)

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:45 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:26 pm I wouldn’t say Merus is stronger than Beerus since the former was just a trainee, thus why Beerus was so casual about Moro with Merus’ powers. It should be common knowledge that fully fledged Angels are always stronger than their Hakaishins though.
That is wrong in itself since Beerus said he was gonna help Goku deal with Moro. Who has a hard time controlling Merus power that Beerus admitted was nothing to sneeze at. Meaning Moro couldn’t use Merus power effectively.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:55 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:39 pm One thing I would arguably say that could contradict this notion of all Angels being stronger than their GoD's is that it could just be strictly in terms of being superior in regard to martial arts technique enough to warrant having them around as their superior in teaching but not necessarily raw strength, this is something seen in Dragonball time and time again.

Goku under Master Roshi pretty much matched him strength wise in the 21st Tenkaichi - only losing due to Roshi deliberately goading Goku into a kick knowing he had short legs. But Roshi was still poised as the teacher following this.

Goku training under Kami surpassed him in strength at some point during his training before the 23rd Tenkaichi but would still continue training under him until the tournament, because of Kami's skill and teachings.

Likewise with King Kai, Goku surpassed him in physical strength before the end of his training, yet still trained with him until the Saiyans arrived.

I don't think its a foregone conclusion that just because Whis is stated to be above Beerus, that every other Angel is physically above their GoD. (I mean I do presume this to be the case still, but there is clear precedent in Dragonball teacher and student dynamics that contradict this)
If you needed proof that they’re are fans that actually thinks that Beerus is powerful than Whis. This post right here proves it. No offense dude

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:48 am

KentMan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:55 pm
Krillin1994 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:39 pm One thing I would arguably say that could contradict this notion of all Angels being stronger than their GoD's is that it could just be strictly in terms of being superior in regard to martial arts technique enough to warrant having them around as their superior in teaching but not necessarily raw strength, this is something seen in Dragonball time and time again.

If you needed proof that they’re are fans that actually thinks that Beerus is powerful than Whis. This post right here proves it. No offense dude
I said that Whis is above Beerus, just said that because that's the case with one it automatically isn't a foregone conclusion that all are - even though I presume they are.

some fans don't read other peoples posts properly. This post right here proves it. No offense dude.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:53 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:48 am

I said that Whis is above Beerus, just said that because that's the case with one it automatically isn't a foregone conclusion that all are - even though I presume they are.

some fans don't read other peoples posts properly. This post right here proves it. No offense dude.
I read everything that you said especially that first paragraph. So it’s fine that you assume I didn’t read your posts. I presume you know what I mean yes?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:18 pm

KentMan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:53 am

I read everything that you said especially that first paragraph. So it’s fine that you assume I didn’t read your posts. I presume you know what I mean yes?
Sorry I'm really not quite sure I do understand what you mean

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:26 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:18 pm

I think there was a misunderstanding and poor wording on both parts. What I was trying to say was that your post was a reflection of the wishful thinking that some fans had. We know that Whis is stronger than Beerus in strength speed power techniques. But your first paragraph is what a fan wishes was true.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm

KentMan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:26 pm

I think there was a misunderstanding and poor wording on both parts. What I was trying to say was that your post was a reflection of the wishful thinking that some fans had. We know that Whis is stronger than Beerus in strength speed power techniques. But your first paragraph is what a fan wishes was true.
Oh I see, I wasn't really too sure on the wishful thinking of fans, hadn't really seen any posts before about GoDs all being weaker than their attendants, so I myself hadn't overly thought about it. So had misinterpretated that you were trying to say I thought that Beerus was stronger than Whis.

I think that broadly as a rule all the angels are likely to be superior to their GoD counterparts, but there has been clear precedent in DB.

I was just using all of the other teacher student dynamics to show that it wasn't a completely outrageous idea that someone could be phsyically stronger yet still have more to learn in terms of technique from teachers. (Another example from the Super Manga is Roshi still teaching Goku technique for how to tap into UI in the ToP despite being surpassed in strength in 22nd TB)

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if out of all the universes one of them had a GoD that was stronger than his attendant when most of our main GoD exposure is from a lazy one who doesn't really train much. (Yet still do believe it's more likely the Angels will all just be kept above them.)

Even if it seems that the Angels are in a different class than GoDs from their inception, mortals were in a different class to GoDs from their inception, yet we have Jiren being a mortal who surpassed his universes GoD. so whos to say a GoD can't surpass his universes Angel.

Also the "This post right here proves it. No offense dude" was a funny badass way to end a post so had to steal it :lol:

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Oh I see, I wasn't really too sure on the wishful thinking of fans, hadn't really seen any posts before about GoDs all being weaker than their attendants, so I myself hadn't overly thought about it. So had misinterpretated that you were trying to say I thought that Beerus was stronger than Whis.

I think that broadly as a rule all the angels are likely to be superior to their GoD counterparts, but there has been clear precedent in DB.

I was just using all of the other teacher student dynamics to show that it wasn't a completely outrageous idea that someone could be phsyically stronger yet still have more to learn in terms of technique from teachers. (Another example from the Super Manga is Roshi still teaching Goku technique for how to tap into UI in the ToP despite being surpassed in strength in 22nd TB)

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if out of all the universes one of them had a GoD that was stronger than his attendant when most of our main GoD exposure is from a lazy one who doesn't really train much. (Yet still do believe it's more likely the Angels will all just be kept above them.)

Even if it seems that the Angels are in a different class than GoDs from their inception, mortals were in a different class to GoDs from their inception, yet we have Jiren being a mortal who surpassed his universes GoD. so whos to say a GoD can't surpass his universes Angel.

Also the "This post right here proves it. No offense dude" was a funny badass way to end a post so had to steal it :lol:
No problem but who’s to say a mortal won’t surpass a guide? It’s so funny that since last year there were definitely fans that have straight up said. “In Oder for Beerus to be the bench mark or goal post he must be equal or stronger than Whis” something like that. Compared to “Goku will never be equal or stronger than Whis I will stop reading/watching the series if he does”.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:11 pm

KentMan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 pm
Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm

No problem but who’s to say a mortal won’t surpass a guide? It’s so funny that since last year there were definitely fans that have straight up said. “In Oder for Beerus to be the bench mark or goal post he must be equal or stronger than Whis” something like that. Compared to “Goku will never be equal or stronger than Whis I will stop reading/watching the series if he does”.
Whis during this arc placed Goku at the bottom of the ladder of UI but he's on the ladder. Goku will not be content being on the bottom rung. guess some people are gonna end up salty haha

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:02 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:11 pm Whis during this arc placed Goku at the bottom of the ladder of UI but he's on the ladder. Goku will not be content being on the bottom rung. guess some people are gonna end up salty haha
Yep the ladder refers to the accuracy and command of UI Merus Whis and GP. Beerus isn’t mentioned because as far as UI goes he’s in the same league as Roshi technique wise. Power wise Beerus never compared to the tenshi a lot of people speculate that he might be above Merus. More likely not at least when Merus had his tenshi powers.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Logically speaking, a god of destruction should be weaker than an angel.

But the whole anime trope of "angels going evil, demons going good" tends to subvert that system, in both a good and bad way.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Re: A God of Destruction always being weaker than an Angel(?)

Post by Super Murjin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:17 pm

i would think so! Angels are just too powerful.