Do you think the new transformation of vegeta will be important again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Do you think the new transformation of vegeta will be important again?

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:20 am

I don't like its design at all but I think that the idea behind it... which is hakai is a great idea that I think deserves the same relevance as ultra instinct, especially when Vegeta is the one that possesses it... however now that goku will take the fight against gas again it seems unlikely that there will be room for vegeta and his purple transformation :think:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Do you think the new transformation of vegeta will be important again?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:21 pm

All kids already purchased Blue puppets. Now they can buy Purplegeta.
As Goku will turn White from now onward, Vegeta had the need to turn something new to stay competitive in fandom perception. So it's really likely Vegeta is going to use it as the new regular boost (so, practically, every battle).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:47 am

Toriyama: "What new transformation?"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:07 pm

It really depends on whether Toriyama himself acknowledges it as Dragonball. Toriyama only see's Red, Blue and UI as forms. We'll see if Super Hero movie crowns UE legit in some way.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:41 pm

I doubt very much that it appears in the movie but I meant more in the manga or what remains of granolah arc

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Maybe, maybe not. When was the last time we saw the completed blue form that doesn't emit an aura? Vegeta I could understand not using it with his evolved form but Goku should have a use for the mode.

I agree that we're likely not going to see it in the movie. Toriyama and whoever edits the script have a knack for neglecting less obvious forms or states like the SSJB enhanced with Kaioken in the anime. Ultra Ego feels like the younger, less popular sibling of Ultra Instinct which has been established and built upon for multiple arcs now.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:36 pm

i certaintly hope so
I love Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego
The Ying Yang ...... would be nice to see both Goku and Vegeta team up against future threats with these power ups :thumbup:

But Vegeta deserves a major spotlight :clap:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:45 pm

Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:07 pm It really depends on whether Toriyama himself acknowledges it as Dragonball. Toriyama only see's Red, Blue and UI as forms. We'll see if Super Hero movie crowns UE legit in some way.
The movie was written before the Granolah arc was. It's not showing up.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:34 pm

Cipher wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:45 pm
Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:07 pm It really depends on whether Toriyama himself acknowledges it as Dragonball. Toriyama only see's Red, Blue and UI as forms. We'll see if Super Hero movie crowns UE legit in some way.
Pretty much. So the best dish that will be possibly served is Blueberries again.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Miracles wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:34 pm
Pretty much. So the best dish that will be possibly served is Blueberries again.
If the implications of Goku's evolution was taken into consideration when writing this movie, then probably not even blueberries.
If EoZ is right around the corner, and if we assume Goku will finally master UI by the end of DBS (or by the end of the current arc), then perhaps his base form is all we'll get during his sparring with Broly.

Of course, from a marketing POV, it wouldn't be great and they probably want to show off the CGI with the god forms, and it also would be a waste not to show it with UI as well(a glimpse of it might be fine, too. Say Broly loses control and needs to be stopped like Whis does with Beerus).
That's also assuming the saiyans aren't taking part in the fight on Earth.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:00 pm

As long as Toyotaro continues to have input on the story, Ultra Ego will probably continue to be a thing in serialized Super.

Whether we ever get to see it in the Toriyama-helmed movies, however, is anyone's guess. I don't see it appearing in Super Hero as we've had no indication that Goku and Vegeta will play a major role in that film, but it could make an appearance in the future.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:19 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:48 pm
Miracles wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:34 pm
If the implications of Goku's evolution was taken into consideration when writing this movie, then probably not even blueberries.
If EoZ is right around the corner, and if we assume Goku will finally master UI by the end of DBS (or by the end of the current arc), then perhaps his base form is all we'll get during his sparring with Broly.

Of course, from a marketing POV, it wouldn't be great and they probably want to show off the CGI with the god forms, and it also would be a waste not to show it with UI as well(a glimpse of it might be fine, too. Say Broly loses control and needs to be stopped like Whis does with Beerus).
That's also assuming the saiyans aren't taking part in the fight on Earth.
What I mean is, since Super Hero continues from the Broly movie events, we know Goku and Vegeta's highest forms are Super Saiyan Blue. So as far as we know, that is the highest they can achieve.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:36 pm

I think no. Just like his training on Yardrat. It was Toyotarou's idea, so it's probably not going to stick around much. Toriyama ignored Blue Evolution, so he's probably going to ignore Cave Man Ultra Ego.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm

If not the transformation, then the technique he learned (hakai). I think he is going to hakai somebody, Elecc or Gas. Probably Elecc, he is the asshole of the story.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:53 am

Unless Vegeta explicitly gives up on Ultra Ego at the end of this arc, there's no reason to believe Toyo will drop this form, especially since in the interview he makes a big deal out of the fact that it's a technique that's supposed to Vegeta's own path of evolution, similar to how UI is for Goku.

In the last arc Vegeta was learning a technique to deal with a very specific enemy, so naturally it wouldn't be something that could be used on any occasion.

Anyway, Toyo has a good track record when it comes to not ignoring previously shown techniques/forms. Super Saiyan God, Roshi's UI, Super Saiyan Blue Evolved, and even Spirit Fission and the high sensory ability that Vegeta gained from training in Yardrat were remembered in the current arc.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:48 pm

Unless the manga ends soon it will surely appear again that much is obvious. It was never going to just be used that one time and to never appear in the future.

It has no chance of being in the movie though. That movie won't refer to anything from the manga.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the movie ends up doing something that will make it seem as though the Moro and Granolah arcs never actually happened which will throw the fandom into a fit but would make sense as millions of people will see the film as opposed to a couple hundred thousand that read the manga.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:58 am

I'd be shocked if the transformation was essentially useless because that would undermine the significance behind what the narrative is developing here. Vegeta's Ultra Ego was designed to parallel Goku's Ultra Instinct, hence the name and is meant to reflect Vegeta's own path to power that is meant to rival Goku's. Just because Vegeta's mindset isn't tailored for Ultra Ego shouldn't be enough to warrant excluding the transformation entirely. Vegeta just unveiled the transformation for the first time and lacked battle experience while using it. Even Super Saiyan 3 is effectively useless and yet still has shown up numerous times in the manga.

At the beginning of the Moro arc, Goku also initially discarded Ultra Instinct and only brought it up once he realized how hopeless the situation was against Moro. Vegeta initially discarding Ultra Ego shouldn't be enough to definitively conclude that Ultra Ego would be effectively useless. Vegeta actually has the benefit of being able to tap into that power at will. I'd imagine that whatever situation emerges next for Vegeta would warrant him in using Ultra Ego should the need arise.

I have no doubts that Ultra Ego won't appear in the movie mainly because Toriyama has made it clear that it is a direct sequel to the Broly movie. That doesn't mean that the Moro arc and Granolah arcs never happened. However, Toriyama doesn't expect majority of their fanbase to have kept up with the manga unlike the Broly movie where people who tuned in to watching the Broly movie will likely watch Super Hero as well. The Moro and Granolah arcs certainly did happen but they won't be mentioned which means we likely won't see Ultra Ego.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:35 am

If Goku is moving on from the other forms to Ultra Instinct, then Vegeta should do the same with Ultra Ego. I have no doubt it won’t be featured in the movie, but I see no reason for Toyotaro to discard the form.

Now, Spirit Fission on the other hand…
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:18 am

Nope.

It will be ignored in most continuations, like Super Saiyan Blue Evolution and SSJB KK x20 have been.

At least, i fucking hope it's ignored. Looks stupid as hell. I wish Goku and Vegeta would go back to fighting in their bases like the Frieza movie or just regular Super Saiyan 1-3 forms. I don't like the Super transformations besides the red haired one.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:51 am

Vegeta will always be a second banana. Otherwise the ending of Z doesn''t make sense.