The lack of new transformations in DBS is surprising

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The lack of new transformations in DBS is surprising

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:58 am

The pedantry has made it impossible for your conversation to continue. Please don't continue to just sit there and repeat the same things over and over and over at each other when it's clear that neither of you are actually looking to further the underlying topic.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:58 amNo, you specifically limited this thread to the main characters and villains. So no mention to other characters (but then again, those ain't much, as per your logic). And Cell-X doesn't count, as this transformation doesn't come from Dragon Ball Heroes.
Mechikabura, Hearts, Goku Black and Fu are main villains.

Super has given Goku three new forms. Heroes has given Goku four new forms.

Hit, Goku Black, Jiren, Broly had three new transformations between them.

The four Heroes villains mentioned above have eight new transformations between them.

No new forms were given to past villains Frieza, Cell and Buu in Super. In Heroes Frieza had one, we won't count the Golden equivalent, Cell had one, Buu had three?

And again in a much shorter period. I'm not counting the arcade game at large as that's a whole other thing.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:44 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:13 pm It’s mostly the villains that count for majority of Z’s forms.

DBS has over double the amount of Super Saiyan forms than the original manga did however.
If you just look at the manga you get

Z - Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Grade 2, Super Saiyan Grade 3, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3

Super - Super Saiyan Rose, Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, Ultra Instinct, Ultra Ego

Unless I'm missing something then Z has more. Again it's unfair to include Super Saiyan God and Blue as they were from Z first.

I'd count SSG and Blue because BoG and RF are essentially DBS timeline content. Plus Trunks's rage form. As for Z, Grade 2 and Ultra Super Saiyan aren't really separate forms. like how Full Power Freeza isn't a new form, he's just bulked up.

Z: SS1, SS2, SS3.. and LSSJ. Throw in Ultimate too even though that was originally just base form in the Z era
DBS: God, Blue, Rose, Rage, Wrathful, Bluer, UI, UE, and new movie form.

Even without God and Blue its still almost double.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:30 am

Including the movies you also need to include False Super Saiyan from Movie 4.

Grade 2 and Grade 3 were separate forms that they had to go into it. It wasn't just then using using 100%. Blue Evolution wasn't exactly much different that what Grade 2 was.

Fusion is practically a form too.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:48 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:30 am Including the movies you also need to include False Super Saiyan from Movie 4.

Grade 2 and Grade 3 were separate forms that they had to go into it. It wasn't just then using using 100%. Blue Evolution wasn't exactly much different that what Grade 2 was.

Fusion is practically a form too.
My original point was just the manga, but I ended up throwing LSSJ in there too lol. So counting the main 4 plus 2 movie forms we have 6.

For Grade 2/3, Cell literally powers up to Grade 3 himself just to prove a point. But even we count those, we’ll have to count the multiple powered up versions of Blue in the manga (not even counting Bluer). And we’d count Omen as well.

Fusion is not a form LOL. Nobody says “Gogeta is my favorite Goku form.” They are separate characters.

So again, my point of DBS having double what the original manga had still stands.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:12 am

It's a form in a way, it's a stronger version of a certain character with a different appearance that they have to change into.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:54 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:12 am It's a form in a way, it's a stronger version of a certain character with a different appearance that they have to change into.
Now you’re just nitpicking and missing my point. So it’s pointless to continue this. DBS still has more forms.