"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 pm

Am I the only one who loves the HUD? I love me them character portraits.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:49 pm

The game looks amazing, jerky camera aside. I just need those sfx adjusted and it'll be fine.

Waiting for Kefla and Goku Black to make an appearance...
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Jord wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:45 am The animation looks great but I'm spoiled by the 2D action of FighterZ, which I prefer to arena fighters.
Still interested to see how this game turns out and I'm happy for Sparking fans.
Now that you mention it, I do feel like most of my problems with the models of this game come from me being spoiled by FighterZ...
In addition to Sparking Zero not being able to do all those camera tricks or editing, I also believe the developers went for a "softer" look so the models could better emulate the Broly movie.

I'm no 3D artist so I'm not sure, but do feel like better facial animations are something they could have done. Like more dynamic facial expressions rather than just 'mouth open & mouth close' - or 'mouth-wide-open & mouth close.'

While we're on the mouth movement topic, does anyone else think they kinda look weird when they talk? Especially Vegeta.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:32 am My main concerns at this point:

- Character count. Nothing to be done at this point besides waiting for a sequel. I'll always be disappointed we have a ton of Goku and Vegeta variants instead of one character with every transformation, outfit and moveset you can customize. There is no advantage to the current system, it seems like a marketing decision so they can market the game as having the biggest roster ever, even though most of it is inflated.
As stupid as that is, unfortunately it's a BT thing...
90sDBZ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:39 pm Also it was kind of a pain having to change around Goku's moves in Raging Blast, just to accurately line up with a certain era of the show. Having them be separate slots is way more convenient.
That could always be solved by the game having a simple way to save specific movesets the player can load up instead of picking them one by one...

Anyways, the attacks look slow and not really impactful, it really is looking more like a RB game than BT in that regard.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:25 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:42 pm
Jord wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:45 am The animation looks great but I'm spoiled by the 2D action of FighterZ, which I prefer to arena fighters.
Still interested to see how this game turns out and I'm happy for Sparking fans.
Now that you mention it, I do feel like most of my problems with the models of this game come from me being spoiled by FighterZ...
In addition to Sparking Zero not being able to do all those camera tricks or editing, I also believe the developers went for a "softer" look so the models could better emulate the Broly movie.

I'm no 3D artist so I'm not sure, but do feel like better facial animations are something they could have done. Like more dynamic facial expressions rather than just 'mouth open & mouth close' - or 'mouth-wide-open & mouth close.'

While we're on the mouth movement topic, does anyone else think they kinda look weird when they talk? Especially Vegeta.
Good point. The models, especially Goku and Vegeta looked a lot like Broly's in terms of softness and shading

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:39 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:42 pm I wonder why chose Kakunsa of all people, I guess to show us that even the least known characters are gonna be there.

Broly blowing up everything, damn... when is this coming out??? I'm like Super Buu with the hourglass.
Seeing one of My Favorites of DB Kakunsa FINALLY getting her Due Spotlight in a Major DB Game was Made My Day Joy I did not know I needed after this Long & SO Long it has been! :clap:

Also I think by showing Kakunsa 1st Shows that we will be getting the other Fireballs Ribrianne & Rozie as well, so it is a smart choose to tease the others. If Ribrianna 1st it might not signal the other girls, be a guessing game.

Just Happy to see Kakunsa done so Epicly and Right & Even More Epic with her Original Voice actress Morgan Berry! :thumbup:

~~~~~Also, HI Everyone.. :oops: ...Been a Long Time Since I posted here, hope you all are well. :)

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Since we got all 3 Pride Troopers, and Kakunsa practically soft confirms the Fireballs, I do Hope Basil and Lavender join Bergamo on the roster.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:24 am

Are they just not doing promotional renders for this game? The character section of the website is just screenshots? @.@
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:26 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:39 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:42 pm I wonder why chose Kakunsa of all people, I guess to show us that even the least known characters are gonna be there.

Broly blowing up everything, damn... when is this coming out??? I'm like Super Buu with the hourglass.
Seeing one of My Favorites of DB Kakunsa FINALLY getting her Due Spotlight in a Major DB Game was Made My Day Joy I did not know I needed after this Long & SO Long it has been! :clap:

Also I think by showing Kakunsa 1st Shows that we will be getting the other Fireballs Ribrianne & Rozie as well, so it is a smart choose to tease the others. If Ribrianna 1st it might not signal the other girls, be a guessing game.

Just Happy to see Kakunsa done so Epicly and Right & Even More Epic with her Original Voice actress Morgan Berry! :thumbup:

~~~~~Also, HI Everyone.. :oops: ...Been a Long Time Since I posted here, hope you all are well. :)
Did Toriyama or Toyotaro come up with her?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:26 am

Did Toriyama or Toyotaro come up with her?
As Far as the Legend goes if I am remembering it right & so far I have not found any other information on the creators of the Girls;

Ribrianne her Transformed state was created by Toriyama.

Her Human state as Brianne De Chateau was created specifically for the Anime.

So for Kakunsa I would say it is likely, not confirmed, but likely that Toriyama created her & Rozie as well but just their Transformation states.

Human states where likely like Brianne Anime only show creators.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:32 pm

What I'm enjoying the most about this game so far is that they chose to keep the title "Sparking!" even for the international release and not simply renaming it to "Budokai Tenkaichi 4" since if you search for it on YouTube, you only find BT3 MODs simulating what would be a sequel to the game with DBS characters and this would be confusing when searching for news about this game.
Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 pm Am I the only one who loves the HUD? I love me them character portraits.
I'm afraid not, a few friends liked it too. But for me as I said in a earlier post though it was obsolete (for actual gen games) and should have a more minimalist design, something like this:
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:42 pm Now that you mention it, I do feel like most of my problems with the models of this game come from me being spoiled by FighterZ...

I prefer FighterZ art too, but it would be hard to them to replicate it in a 3D arena fighting game?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:11 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:32 pm What I'm enjoying the most about this game so far is that they chose to keep the title "Sparking!" even for the international release and not simply renaming it to "Budokai Tenkaichi 4" since if you search for it on YouTube, you only find BT3 MODs simulating what would be a sequel to the game with DBS characters and this would be confusing when searching for news about this game.
Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 pm Am I the only one who loves the HUD? I love me them character portraits.
I'm afraid not, a few friends liked it too. But for me as I said in a earlier post though it was obsolete (for actual gen games) and should have a more minimalist design, something like this:
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:42 pm Now that you mention it, I do feel like most of my problems with the models of this game come from me being spoiled by FighterZ...

I prefer FighterZ art too, but it would be hard to them to replicate it in a 3D arena fighting game?
Yeah that hud does look nice and sick, but I think they were trying to stay more true to the old tenkaichi budokai style, true to the OG, I think thats why they did that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 pm

The game has a rating updated from ESRB with a T rating. I guess the game is closer to release soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:52 am

Looking at it side by side, the Sparking Zero HUD is pretty much just an updated version of Tenkaichi 2's HUD.

The reason I mention Tenakichi 2 specifically is because Tenkaichi 3's HUD seems more reminiscent to the old Budokai HUDs, with vertical energy bars. Also, Sparking Zero and Tenkaichi 2 use 7 squares to indicate the amount of health bars, instead of Tenkaichi 3's 6 arrows.

On a different note, the game has been rated T for blood, suggestive themes, and violence:

And lastly, the Bamco Europe youtube account added an unlisted video to their Sparking Zero playlist. We might see another trailer within the next few weeks.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 am

Heeey, I remember you, you're that Ribrianne diehard fan! Must feel great to know you're going to get a lot of your girls in this game.

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 pm The game has a rating updated from ESRB with a T rating. I guess the game is closer to release soon.
Nice!!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Has it been said how long this game has been in development? If we assume it began development in late 2022, and is releasing in late 2024, that means it had two years of development time. Is that enough for a game like this in the current generation?

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm

I was under the impression that the game wasn't releasing until 2025 at the earliest, Does the age rating really point to this not being the case?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:24 pm Has it been said how long this game has been in development? If we assume it began development in late 2022, and is releasing in late 2024, that means it had two years of development time. Is that enough for a game like this in the current generation?
The devs said they've been working on the game since 2018, which means the game has been in development for about 6 years now.
shadd21 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm I was under the impression that the game wasn't releasing until 2025 at the earliest, Does the age rating really point to this not being the case?
It could go either way, depending on how much stuff the devs want to add to the game before launch.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:20 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:24 pm Has it been said how long this game has been in development? If we assume it began development in late 2022, and is releasing in late 2024, that means it had two years of development time. Is that enough for a game like this in the current generation?
The devs said they've been working on the game since 2018, which means the game has been in development for about 6 years now.
Damn. Six years? Never mind then. That sounds like plenty of time.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:24 pm

I saw the character select screen in the trailer and got hyped, then immediately realized half the slots are Saiyan transformations and got less hyped. XD