Was it ever explained away why no one in trunks time in the afterlife help out at all?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyamangod
Beyond Newbie

Was it ever explained away why no one in trunks time in the afterlife help out at all?

Post by supersaiyamangod » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:06 pm

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Was it ever explained away why no one in trunks time in the afterlife help out at all?

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:55 pm

Helped how? They're in the afterlife. The only time we ever really saw someone help in any meaningful way from the afterlife is Goku helping Gohan with his Kamehameha against Cell and that could be interpreted as Gohan imagining his father is with him to make him stronger.

Was Goku in Future Trunks timeline supposed to pull a Mufasa and give Gohan advice from the clouds?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Was it ever explained away why no one in trunks time in the afterlife help out at all?

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:30 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:55 pm Helped how? They're in the afterlife. The only time we ever really saw someone help in any meaningful way from the afterlife is Goku helping Gohan with his Kamehameha against Cell and that could be interpreted as Gohan imagining his father is with him to make him stronger.

Was Goku in Future Trunks timeline supposed to pull a Mufasa and give Gohan advice from the clouds?
Well, I suppose Uranai Baba could’ve brought Goku back for a day to help fight against the artificial humans.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:23 am

I don't think there's really an explanation. King Yemma let Vegeta return since Buu was a universal threat. If King Yemma doesn't approve of them helping since they're only a threat to Earth, Goku could've asked to visit his family like Grandpa Gohan did. Another option is communicating through King Kai and recommending they train in the RoSaT. I don't think they could master SSJ without Goku's help but probably reach ASSJ on their own. I could be forgetting and maybe the Lookout was destroyed by the cyborgs though.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:20 am

Bulma should just have called her sister to fly them off to New Namek.
Of course we know she didn't exist back then, but now there's so many new ways that Trunks' future could have dealt with the Androids and revive the fallen Z-Fighters.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:06 am

Nope, it's never explained why nobody from the afterlife was given a 1-day-body to get back into the fight. Spitballing explanations though, maybe they figured they wouldn't do any better a second time around? Or, maybe they did, and got killed a second time, thus deleting their souls permanently?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:38 am

I think it was because for some reason the Androids kept attacking Earth and not going outside or attempting to awaken Buu. As soon as Babidi came to awaken him Trunks prevented thanks to the help he got from... KAIOSHIN!?

WOW. I am shocked.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:01 pm

My reasons why:

1. They most likely didn't go North Kai's place after death. They went to Heaven and probably stay there in the meantime. Meanwhile, Vegeta went to hell and didn't keep his body.

2. They didn't want too. They accepted that they lost the battle and there's not much that they can do. Sometimes death is death. Goku also knows that Gohan and Trunks are alive. He believes that those two would likely help.
Bulma should just have called her sister to fly them off to New Namek.
She probably didn't know how too. Even if they did, they would have no idea how to get there. Even Goku had to use North Kai's help to find New Namek to get Dende.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:36 pm

It doesn't really make any sense when you consider the back for a day thing.

I always found it strange how the Androids' reign of terror lasted for 17 years. Like after all that time there's still cities standing and people alive. Meanwhile Buu wipes out most of the population in a couple of days.

At no point in those 17 years did Goku or the others come back for a day to intervene. I'm sure it would've been allowed as he was allowed back for a Tournament in the main timeline.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:31 pm

I think it was just that revival was possible only for a year (Which means its permanent as soon as the year is over) and reviving anyone let alone bringing him to life for a day would only be possible if the was killed by someone and not a disease.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 pm

If they wanted to come back, they would have done it. The best answer is that they accepted their faith and realize that there's not much they can do now.
I always found it strange how the Androids' reign of terror lasted for 17 years. Like after all that time there's still cities standing and people alive. Meanwhile Buu wipes out most of the population in a couple of days.
Buu was a threat to the entire universe and was known to wipe out several hundred planets in a few years. #17 and #18 are just a threat to the Earth and that's it. The kais are not going to give a shit about them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 pm If they wanted to come back, they would have done it. The best answer is that they accepted their faith and realize that there's not much they can do now.
Buu was a threat to the entire universe and was known to wipe out several hundred planets in a few years. #17 and #18 are just a threat to the Earth and that's it. The kais are not going to give a shit about them.
And then Goku and the others found Jesus lol.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:29 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:31 pm I think it was just that revival was possible only for a year (Which means its permanent as soon as the year is over) and reviving anyone let alone bringing him to life for a day would only be possible if the was killed by someone and not a disease.
I‘m pretty sure that only applies to mass resurrections, or to people who already got reincarnated. Sorbet and the others were able to bring back Freeza even though he had been dead for much longer than a year.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:34 pm

How do you know was it stated? And if so, god did the quality of Dragon Ball go DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNHILL.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:58 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:34 pm How do you know was it stated? And if so, god did the quality of Dragon Ball go DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNHILL.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:31 am

I want to protest but this actually makes a lot of sense, because otherwise you'd have like a WHOLE CENTURY OF PEOPLE being revived. It makes a lot of sense to restrain that to the one year rule. Good find.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:33 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 pm
That wasn't my point.

It doesn't matter if the Kais care or not. Goku was allowed to return for the 25th Tournament simply because he wanted to, and Grandpa Gohan was allowed to return to just as a favour to Baba.

Future Goku logically should've seen the Androids from the afterlife, so it's weird that he never asked to go back for a day to fight them. Like he's allowed to go back for a tournament but not to save a planet? I don't buy it.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:49 am

90sDBZ wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:33 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:13 pm
That wasn't my point.

It doesn't matter if the Kais care or not. Goku was allowed to return for the 25th Tournament simply because he wanted to, and Grandpa Gohan was allowed to return to just as a favour to Baba.

Future Goku logically should've seen the Androids from the afterlife, so it's weird that he never asked to go back for a day to fight them. Like he's allowed to go back for a tournament but not to save a planet? I don't buy it.
Future goku was bodyless in heaven. And kaio is on his planet. It's specifically said that he got his body for saving earth from cell. Otherwise you need Kamis intervention. And goku died long before him.

Most likely Babas place was destroyed and Baba was killed. If not straight away perhaps by the time they trained enough to make it happen.

North Kaio would probably not authorize the Nameks balls to get involved as the androids were a terrestrial threat only. And nameks not even his jurisdiction and not under threat as well.

Vegeta is in hell bodyless.

Piccolo might not be willing to fuse with kami so if there's no pending resurrection he's in hell too. And it'd take too many years for kamiless piccolo alone to get android level by training alone or with the humans.

There's lots of possible reasons.

Trunks has no fast ship or coordinates for Namek
Last edited by TobyS on Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:52 am

I dunno I feel like the 24 hour thing assumes

1. Baba is still alive in Future Trunk's timeline
Or

2.Baba can still do the thing if she's dead

And I just feel like neither are true

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:59 am

I quite doubt Goku even kept his body considering he would have died for natural reasons. I think it's the circumstances surrounding his deaths - being sacrifices and all - that let him keep his body in the main timeline.