How strong is Base Vegetto (Manga)?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto (Manga)?

Post by ATA » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:08 pm

In the manga I more or less have him as strong as Ultimate/Mystic Gohan before he transforms. That leaves only Buutenks and Buuhan stronger than him. Super Saiyan made him strong enough to dominate Buu.

However I will entertain he's as strong as Buutenks which only leads to Buuhan being stronger than base Vegetto.

In the anime Base Vegetto's a freak of nature and SSJ makes him more of a freak lmao
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am

According to my numbers, he'd be in-between Boo-Gotenks and Boo-Gohan.

Bloodthroe

Post by Bloodthroe » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:50 pm

Base Vegito isn't as strong as the anime filler would lead you to believe. My logic goes off of the fact that other characters do not seem to get a similar multiplier from fusing.

Kibitokai was still considered useless in the fight against Bui, even though Supreme Kai was about as strong as a FPSSJ by himself. Merged Zamasu was also still weak enough to have been beaten by Goku and Vegeta if it weren't for his immortality wish.

Now the multiplier can be different depending on participants, and I'm sure it is, but the disparity is too much. Other fusions seem to only get a 2x boost on top of adding their base power levels.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:10 am

Base Vegetto is exactly as strong as in anime.

PowerLevelGuy

Post by PowerLevelGuy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:12 pm

It's quite possible for Base Vegetto to be his anime strength even in the manga. Fusion is an exponential increase, so that wild increase has to start somewhere.

Base Vegetto > Blue Goku/Vegeta

and

SSJG Goku > SSJ3 Vegetto

Right there we prove that fusion is exponential. Base Vegetto was nothing to Ritual SSJ God and now he's even beyond Blue. Perhaps you can make the argument that Ritual God is way stronger, but as of now, I think this proves Fusion is completely wild and unpredictable.

It's certainly possible for Base Vegetto to be ridiculously strong based on what we've learned from Super.

Beasto

Post by Beasto » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 pm

Ultimate Gohan's level at best.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:35 am

We don't know.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:06 am

At minimum ss2 vegeta, possibly ss3 goku.

But he needed to transform, so weaker than gohan boo is all we know.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 am

A little above Ultimate Gohan

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am

I like the "base form fusion = strongest fusee's highest form" idea.

So base Vegetto is about as strong as super saiyan 3 Goku in the Boo arc. Base Gogeta in the Broly movie is about as strong as super saiyan blue Goku.

Etc etc.

Realistically we have no idea what Toriyama was thinking except he was probably weaker than Boohan. But even then that's just an assumption.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 am

Jack Bz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am Realistically we have no idea what Toriyama was thinking except he was probably weaker than Boohan. But even then that's just an assumption.
I'd say that's a safe assumption, characters only really transform against opponents they can't handle in that form, to the point that in Buu saga, Vegeta didn't bother transforming against Pui Pui, and initially Goku didn't transform against Yakon either, and once he did transform it was only really to show off he has ways of seeing in the dark, and then transformed again to trick Yakon.

So yeah, I think it's safe to say base Vegetto is weaker than Buuhan, but even then it's impossible to know how much... He could for example only be about as strong as SS1 Goku, or be only slightly weaker than Buuhan and he didn't feel like fighting on the same level as him.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:18 pm

Considering Vegito is shocked that SS can dominate Buu but SS is a 50x boost I can see him being slightly weaker than SS3 Gotenks level in base and then being a monster once a SS.

I personally go with SS Vegito= SS3 Gogeta.