The CW's ratings have officially reached rock bottom.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

The CW's ratings have officially reached rock bottom.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:52 am

This even below the lowest rated Toonzai/Vortexx show. All I can say is that I feel only one thing: Schadenfreude!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The CW's ratings have officially reached rock bottom.

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:23 am

This just in, standard television watching has been dying out

In other news, water may actually be wet?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:01 am

There are channels whose ratings are actually going up but The CW is not one of them.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:32 pm

The CW mostly has garbage. It's not like having DB on their would have save the network.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:01 pm

It's a shame. WB/The CW used to be great. So much of what is happening to US TV feels unnecessary.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:40 pm

Kind of sucks because (at least in NY) The CW used to be The WB, which I'm fairly sure carried Dragon Ball Z when it was in syndication and was my first expisure to it. I'm pretty, pretty sure it was The WB that carried DBZ here before it came over to Cartoon Network, anyway.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:46 am

And that explains why they are cutting out the vast majority of Lois and Clark characters and reducing the episode number down to 10.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:32 pm The CW mostly has garbage. It's not like having DB on their would have save the network.
Sure, it wouldnt have saved the network but it was one of the million decisions they got WRONG. Like removing the one block of shows that actually beats ANY CHANNEL AT ALL. And ironically I am not talking about DBZKai but rather WWE Saturday Morning Slam. But DBZKai has the particular feat of beating this new show in ratings. 1,140,000 vs DBZKai's 1,195,000 VIEWERS

WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program since 3/10/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am / 1,140,000 viewers).
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program in the time period since 2/25/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai / 1,196,000 viewers).
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was the most watched entertainment program on broadcast TV Saturday Morning among total viewers.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more viewers than the following 10-10:30am programs: The Green Lantern on Cartoon Network, Noodle and Doodle on NBC, Little Bear on Nick Jr., Doodlebops on CBS, Pair of Kings on Disney X.D and Power Rangers on Nicktoons.
During the 10-10:30am time-period, WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 2-11 and Boys 6-11 demos) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Disney X.D and Nicktoons.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 6-11 demo) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, and Disney X D.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids 6-11 than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr. or Nicktoons.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids under 18 than every program on broadcast TV or Nicktoons.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am

The CW was never really a popular major network to begin with, but they had a very dedicated audience. Of course, once streaming took off and they became a content farm for Netflix, that certainly helped balance the budget. Unfortunately, HBO Max decided they didn't want their stuff on a rival platform so they shut that down, and now the CW is being sold off for parts to Nexstar.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am

Lance Freeman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am The CW was never really a popular major network to begin with, but they had a very dedicated audience. Of course, once streaming took off and they became a content farm for Netflix, that certainly helped balance the budget. Unfortunately, HBO Max decided they didn't want their stuff on a rival platform so they shut that down, and now the CW is being sold off for parts to Nexstar.
This. THIS SO MUCH. The worst part is that people THINK people hate reruns and so on but ION is filled to the brim with reruns (It gets 1.2 million viewers in prime time, much higher than the The CW) and MeTV is annihilating all the kids networks with their Toon In With Me block. No, what they hate is being slapped in the face after being faithful viewers and that's something The CW couldnt stop doing.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:41 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am and MeTV is annihilating all the kids networks with their Toon In With Me block.
Almost entirely because MeTv's target demo is baby boomers and the older end of gen x i.e the people most likely to still consume traditional television

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:45 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am
Lance Freeman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am The CW was never really a popular major network to begin with, but they had a very dedicated audience. Of course, once streaming took off and they became a content farm for Netflix, that certainly helped balance the budget. Unfortunately, HBO Max decided they didn't want their stuff on a rival platform so they shut that down, and now the CW is being sold off for parts to Nexstar.
This. THIS SO MUCH. The worst part is that people THINK people hate reruns and so on but ION is filled to the brim with reruns (It gets 1.2 million viewers in prime time, much higher than the The CW) and MeTV is annihilating all the kids networks with their Toon In With Me block. No, what they hate is being slapped in the face after being faithful viewers and that's something The CW couldnt stop doing.
Imagine is Superman and Lois get cancelled by CW and picked up by HBO/Amazon prime.

The series has a budget of about $5 Million per episode, making it a total of $75 Million per season.

The amazon series, the boys has a budget of 11.2 million per episode.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:50 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:41 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am and MeTV is annihilating all the kids networks with their Toon In With Me block.
Almost entirely because MeTv's target demo is baby boomers and the older end of gen x i.e the people most likely to still consume traditional television
Uuuuuuuuuuuh... that doesnt matter at this point. Viewers are viewers. And there are plenty of kids watching alongside their grandparents. They send a ton of fanart to Me TV.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:22 pm

Now if they broadcasted the Cell Games, that would probably improve their ratings quite a bit.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:02 pm

This is the fanart I was talking about. The only other explanation is grown adults drawing this and that's horrifyingly creepy.

https://www.metv.com/toon-in-with-me-fan-gallery

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:31 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:02 pm This is the fanart I was talking about. The only other explanation is grown adults drawing this and that's horrifyingly creepy.

The vast majority of those look like the work of adults. Be grateful they're drawing that and not say, Majin Buu turning the people of Earth into candy, which would be a real ratings draw (and also a global crisis)
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:50 pm

Just coincidentially I WAS watching DBZ and it was on a Broadcast Network, Telefuturo. All uncensored. So people got to scream "SATAN! SATAN!"

God I REALLY want DBZ Kai on Me TV. I would go with DBZ but the dub is horrid.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:34 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:02 pm This is the fanart I was talking about. The only other explanation is grown adults drawing this and that's horrifyingly creepy.

Adults drawing is horrifyingly creepy now?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:46 pm

See, if The CW hired me and gave me healthcare insurance that I need for life-saving surgeries I, too, could revive its ratings by licensing a Japanese cartoon franchise from a middle-man licensee and then make barely any money off of the advertisement revenue!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:46 pm See, if The CW hired me and gave me healthcare insurance that I need for life-saving surgeries I, too, could revive its ratings by licensing a Japanese cartoon franchise from a middle-man licensee and then make barely any money off of the advertisement revenue!
I already gave up on The CW and the mocking is uncalled for but thanks for posting sweetie (NOT mocking you btw) since I love it when people post in my silly threads.