Power Levels should have more relevance

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Power Levels should have more relevance

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:48 pm

I disagree completely, I think it's actually brilliant that Toriyama pivoted away from power levels to focus more on hax and technique. Power levels shouldn't return and they are an inherently flawed and deceptive concept that doesn't consider a character's kit in their entirety.

Take Infinite Zamasu, for instance.

A power level scouter would probably say that his power level is possibly (potentially) below the likes of Jiren; but, in the actual facts, Jiren would stand no chance of ever beating Infinite Zamasu in a fight.

Another example, similar to Infinite Zamasu: Zeno. A power level scouter would probably identify him as a weakling (he is scrawny, physically weak, and was easily lifted up by Base Goku); but, in actuality (much like Infinite Zamasu), there's pretty much no one who can actually defeat Zeno in a fight.

Power levels are deceptive, reductive, fallacious. They do not take account of a character's full kit of strengths, therefore they are useless.