Should The U6 Saiyans Have The God Forms...Or SSJ4 ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Should The U6 Saiyans Have The God Forms...Or SSJ4 ?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:49 am

Say that a future arc is set on Planet Sadala and we find that Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale have been training hard and each achieved SSJ3 since the ToP, and now they're looking to reach even greater heights. What form should they strive for next? Should it be the same as U7 and they learn SSJG/SSJB? Or should they divert from U7 and learn SSJ4 instead, canonizing the form to DBS?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Should The U6 Saiyans Have The God Forms...Or SSJ4 ?

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:36 am

They don't have the monkey connection. Super Saiyan 4 would make zero sense for them.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:38 pm

DBHeroes already had U6 Baby spoofs, making it the "TOEI Stuff" spoof universe would work.

For the connection with monkey, just use amplified Blutz Waves

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:09 am

It is an different universe. It doesn't have to work exactly as it did with U7 in GT's timeline. Perhaps U6's SSJ4 could be the Saiyans of that universe rediscovering their monkey roots, for example?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:16 am

Of course that they could achieve the God forms if they train with their Gods. The transformations work the same way in U6 and U7 so far, but as for the SSJ4, if they don't reboot it then it wouldn't fit with U6's actual state. Maybe they could get their own unique transformation (instead of the SSJ4) because they evolved differently.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:54 am

Yeah, it would be nice if they could get some different transformation, but you're all being too optimistic, with the current state of the anime and of the manga, I highly doubt we're ever going to see anything interesting anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:12 am

yeah, any expansion on U6 I expect to come from the games, DBH especially

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:48 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:36 am They don't have the monkey connection. Super Saiyan 4 would make zero sense for them.
It would be a very nice change of pace to see characters with Super Saiyan 4 in DB Super, rather than the god forms. You know, to show just how different the Sixth Universe Saiyans are in comparison to ours.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:54 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:48 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:36 am They don't have the monkey connection. Super Saiyan 4 would make zero sense for them.
It would be a very nice change of pace to see characters with Super Saiyan 4 in DB Super, rather than the god forms. You know, to show just how different the Sixth Universe Saiyans are in comparison to ours.
It would be a nice if it made any sense

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:07 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:54 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:48 pm
It would be a nice if it made any sense
That too. Unfortunately, DB Super is legally required to not make much sense for the sake of cool visuals or the plot moving forward. Super's flawed, but I love it all the same.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:28 pm

Super Saiyan 4 should be the ideal aim. As they "evolved differently", it's a way to introduce the "real Super Saiyan 4". Not that the one we know is not canonical (as there's no canon, so there's nothing to "canonize"), just that the one we know isn't a Super Saiyan 4. It was named so out of convenience.

So it would be interesting to see what a "real Super Saiyan 4" would look like. I guess it would have golden hair, but would it be long? Short? Bald? Wild? Would it have sparks? Eyebrows? Tail? Would it unexplicably change clothes?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:10 am

If one of them has SSG or SS4, I just hope it's not one of the kids, it should be an elder or recluse that refused to participate in the tournaments.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:55 am

Should they get SS4? No, I don't think it is logical. Caulifla wants to emulate Goku's evolution and Goku in Toriyama's Canon obviously doesn't have SS4. Caulifla has seen God forms as the pinnacle of Goku's evolution. As SS4 doesn't exist in the story she's in, it doesn't make sense for her to pursue it.

Now, them getting God forms makes perfect sense and is logical with what happened in ToP arc. After they were revived, Caulifla told Kale that they would reach SS3. After that, it makes sense that they would begin God training to reach the God forms. They want to emulate the forms that they have seen Goku use in ToP arc, so they want SS3, then SSG, then SSB, and finally UI.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:08 am

Broly is the only Saiyan that has access to his Oozaru powers, even though he doesn't transform into his Oozaru form since he doesn't have a tail.

Broly is the only Saiyan that has a chance of gaining SSJ4 but different than GT.

Universe 6 Saiyan don't have Oozaru powers and Oozaru forms.

Universe 6 Saiyans saw SSJ1-SSJ3. They saw SSG, SSB and MSSB. I can't remember if they saw Evolved SSB.