I made a quiz

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

I made a quiz

Post by Vegetto95 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:21 am

After hunting high and low across Ye Olde Interwebs a few weeks ago to ascertain if there existed a quiz about Dragon Ball that was 1) well made, and 2) more than just super easy, general knowledge about the series itself and going through dozens that were too easy and/or poorly written and/or filled with flat-out wrong information/answers, I decided "Well, fuck it. Might as well do it myself!" lol

During all that, I came across the website Sporcle and found that it has a pretty easy to use quiz creation system, and so I got to work, taking special care to make it something that would challenge even the most knowledgeable DB buffs. However, two weeks after making it, it still only has nine plays (four of which were mine done during testing :lol: ). So I thought maybe I'd advertise it on here since there's a much greater concentration of knowledgeable DB fans here (and as a fan of ONLY the Japanese version, all terms and names in my quiz are based on it). Please go play it and let me know what you think! I'm curious to see what you all can score, and I hope you find it fun!

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Barbossa9 ... perts-quiz

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: I made a quiz

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:25 pm

Got 13/30 and half the answers I got right I guessed :lol:

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:52 pm

Like I said, I tried to make it as challenging as I possibly could lol

I can see the number of people and the average results on my end, and the highest anyone else scored so far was 21/30, and even then, that was only two people out of the 16 plays that weren't me total. Three got between 15 and 17, four between 10 and 13, and everyone else was below 10. Sooo looks like I succeded 8)

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:12 am

Vegetto95 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:21 amas a fan of ONLY the Japanese version, all terms and names in my quiz are based on it
> starts the quiz
> sees that the second question is about English VAs
> shakes head
> closes quiz

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:06 pm

nineko wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:12 am
Vegetto95 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:21 amas a fan of ONLY the Japanese version, all terms and names in my quiz are based on it
> starts the quiz
> sees that the second question is about English VAs
> shakes head
> closes quiz
Then you VERY much misjudged me, and WAY too quickly. Play the whole thing, you might be surprised lol

Also, I set the quiz to play all 30 questions in random order, so it's just by chance that you got that one first. Everyone who's played it got them in a totally different order then you did. Trust me... I put like half a dozen in about Japanese VAs. That's literally the ONLY question I put in that has any connection the dub whatsoever, I just put it in there for laughs because I know probably 98% of the English dub fanbase doesn't know anything about the roles of Scott McNeil, Peter Kelamis, Lex Lang, or Jeffrey Watson because none of them are from the "in-house" FUNi dub that they solely worship. So like all the other questions, it was still put in there to try to trip people up and see how much detail they actually know about the franchise as a whole.

I mean, I hate the dubs as much as anyone else here on Kanzenshuu (and from what I've seen, a lot more than some as I find the dubs to have NO redeeming qualities whatsoever lol), so I 1000% get being turned off by seeing dub stuff, but still... you didn't even look to see what the other 28 questions said before you jumped to conclusions? Again... the whole REASON I made that quiz in the first place was because all else I could find were shitty quizzes that were horribly written and/or way too easy, and ALL were completely focused on the dub. So maybe give me a LITTLE bit of credit before you disregard my quiz prematurely lol

But yeah... please give it another try, then come back and reply again with what you actually think about the ENTIRE quiz :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:33 pm

I got 18/30. Maybe, I should study harder next time :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:33 pm I got 18/30. Maybe, I should study harder next time :lol: .
Damn, I even managed to stump a longtime member like you on that many? I'm starting to think I might have created a monster lol (But even then, you're still one of the top scorers by far :thumbup: )

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:26 pm

Quiz wrote:Out of the five Kaiô and five Kaiôshin shown in Dragon Ball Z, how many were depicted in the manga?
It should be four: Kaio of North, Kaio of South, Kaioshin of East and Dai Kaioshin. I guess you're counting Old Kaioshin as well, but he isn't a different one if we take one tidbit about him into consideration, he's actually the previous Kaioshin of East.
Quiz wrote:Which character has NOT disguised themselves at the Tenka'ichi Budôkai?
I voted for Yajirobe, don't remember him disguising himself, but you went for Gohan. He was wearing a mask...
Quiz wrote:Which character is NOT a blonde? / Who was NOT one of Slugg's warriors?
Who the hell are these characters!? I don't even know how I remember "Salza" (one of Coola's henchman), most likely because of games, but even so... I'm always surprised at the capacity of people for remembering the names of even the most random ones.
Quiz wrote:What is Muten Rôshi's real name?
Huh!? I always thought "Muten Roshi" was his real name. It was never revealed!? :eh:

Anyway, got thirteen out of thirty. A lot of out-of-universe questions I don't know about and that English random one. Very nice of you for including one question related to Dragon Ball Online, though! :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:57 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:26 pm
Quiz wrote:Out of the five Kaiô and five Kaiôshin shown in Dragon Ball Z, how many were depicted in the manga?
It should be four: Kaio of North, Kaio of South, Kaioshin of East and Dai Kaioshin. I guess you're counting Old Kaioshin as well, but he isn't a different one if we take one tidbit about him into consideration, he's actually the previous Kaioshin of East.
Quiz wrote:Which character has NOT disguised themselves at the Tenka'ichi Budôkai?
I voted for Yajirobe, don't remember him disguising himself, but you went for Gohan. He was wearing a mask...
Quiz wrote:Which character is NOT a blonde? / Who was NOT one of Slugg's warriors?
Who the hell are these characters!? I don't even know how I remember "Salza" (one of Coola's henchman), most likely because of games, but even so... I'm always surprised at the capacity of people for remembering the names of even the most random ones.
Quiz wrote:What is Muten Rôshi's real name?
Huh!? I always thought "Muten Roshi" was his real name. It was never revealed!? :eh:

Anyway, got thirteen out of thirty. A lot of out-of-universe questions I don't know about and that English random one. Very nice of you for including one question related to Dragon Ball Online, though! :)
1. There were five. You're forgetting that a picture of the Southern Kaiôshin was shown alongside the Dai Kaiôshin in the big speech bubble where the Eastern Kaôshin explains how Majin Boo absorbed them. So yeah, I wasn't counting the Old Kaiôshin, only the Kaiô and Kaiôshin of the four directions and the Great ones. I dunno if maybe I should edit that and make it six out of eleven as, to be completely honest... I wasn't even thinking about the Old Kaiôshin when I wrote the question... XD

2. Yajirobe disguised himself in a mask at the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budôkai, but didn't make it past the preliminaries as he was defeated by God in his human disguise as Shen. Son Gohan did indeed wear a mask, but only as one or Uranai Baba's fighters. He did not participate in any of the Tenka'ichi Budôkai, which is what the question asked lol

3. Salza is one of Coola's henchmen, yes. Kirâno is the pretty boy that was one of the contestants in the 28th Tenka'ichi Budôkai at the end of the manga/Z. Husky was a thief contracted by the Red Ribbon Army to steal Gokû's Dragon Balls when he was in the Western Metropolis trying to find Blooma so she could repair the Dragon Radar after General White shot it. Pasta was a henchman of King Gourmet in the first Dragon Ball movie... and she is a redhead lol

4. Gashew is one of Garlic, Jr.'s henchmen in the infamous filler arc in Z. The rest (aside from Zeeun, who Slugg himself killed) are the henchmen of Slugg that Piccolo, Gokû, and Gohan fought in the fourth Z movie.

5. Muten Rôshi is a title/nickname that translates to "Heavenly Old Martial Arts Master" the "Rôshi" part meaning "Old Master". I put that in there to trip up any potential dub fans who only know him as "Master Roshi", which 1) incorrectly implies that Roshi is his actual name, and 2) hilariously translates to "Master Old Master" lmao (oh, FUNimation... *facepalm* )

6. Yeah, Dragon Ball Online had some pretty neat concepts and very few fans (at least in my experience) know much about it since it was an obscure MMO only released in Taiwan, South Korea, and Hong Kong back in 2010. And even then, only as a beta, it never got a full official release. I tried including as many different parts of the massive franchise as I could lol

7. I SERIOUSLY hope people don't read this whole thread before playing the quiz due to how many answers I just gave away lmao

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:21 am

I got 22/30, it's definitely a fun quiz, most Dragon Ball quizzes are either way too boring, or just have false info lol, and the ones that are a bit harder are just kinda like Arbitrary Number based, rather then like, actual useful knowledge about this series, and I think yours was mostly like, pretty useful knowledge or series trivia that like, if you read/watch you would know you just need to rack your brain a little. The Karin one is a little iffy though, I think he's brown a few times in the manga.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:17 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:21 am I got 22/30, it's definitely a fun quiz, most Dragon Ball quizzes are either way too boring, or just have false info lol, and the ones that are a bit harder are just kinda like Arbitrary Number based, rather then like, actual useful knowledge about this series, and I think yours was mostly like, pretty useful knowledge or series trivia that like, if you read/watch you would know you just need to rack your brain a little. The Karin one is a little iffy though, I think he's brown a few times in the manga.
I could be mistaken, but I don't recall him ever being colored brown. Regardless, he was for sure colored blue in the color pages at the beginning of chapter 163 (when Gokû first ascends Karin Tower up to God's Temple) as well as on the group picture formed by the spines of the 42 tankôbon volumes (and interestingly enough, he was colored blue in Dragon Ball Online as well!). And sure, the Full Color rendition of the manga colors him white like in the anime, but those were published barely ten years ago and obviously I prefer to defer to what color Toriyama himself originally chose back in 1988.

But anyhoo, thanks for the positive feedback! The vast majority of online DB quizzes I've seen definitely do suck, so I'm glad mine has been satisfactory! :D