Does anyone know where can I find the actual French DBZ OP (First Episodes variant, AB Groupe Master Tapes)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Does anyone know where can I find the actual French DBZ OP (First Episodes variant, AB Groupe Master Tapes)

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:01 am

Recently, I was looking for some French DBZ stuff, due to how there are more of these in France and the Spanish-speaking countries, since some countries dubbed the theme. Right now, I'm looking for the VERY FIRST intro used in the first episodes which used clips from Episodes 1 - 3 and Ending 1. There was once a HQ version online, which is actually from AB Groupe's tapes (not the fan-remastered versions which used the Dragon Box DVD sets), but I'm not sure where it is due to getting copyright blocked or removed or marked private. The only high quality versions of the OP I can find, were from broadcasts on TVG and TVG2 in Galicia, ETB1 in Basque. Other broadcast versions in low quality I can find are from broadcasts on Canal Nou in Valencia, Canal 33 in the Catalan Countries, TF1 and AB1 in France and Boing in Spain. I was planning on looking for the screenbug-less version of the OP, but the only two footages I found were from the German dub of Movie 1 and the Japanese-subbed version of the French OP. Speaking of the Japanese-subbed version, it is unknown where the original uploader got the OP from. Probably the original OP footage before it was removed. So that got me wondering, where can I find that HQ version, instead of seeing the fan-remastered versions? If anyone knows where to find it in MP4, that would be great, since some of us, including me haven't seen it before.

Low Quality OP (TF1 Broadcast): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPB4bXrT74

High Quality OP (with Japanese-translated lyrics): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFnHqPLidQ