EXCLUSIVE! La Tele Paraguay is airing OG Dragon Ball!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

EXCLUSIVE! La Tele Paraguay is airing OG Dragon Ball!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:11 am

I was so surprised!

I knew La Tele and Telefuturo were sister networks but I never thought La Tele would air Dragon Ball WITH ZERO PROMOTION.

And I only found out because I was messing with the internet and wondered what La Tele is airing now.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: EXCLUSIVE! La Tele Paraguay is airing OG Dragon Ball!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:09 pm

I wish Dragon Ball was the cultural juggernaut in other countries that it is in Latin America.

I imagine there was no need for Le Tele to do any sort of promotion because everyone and their mother in Paraguay knows Dragon Ball.

Of the three times Dragon Ball aired in the UK and Ireland (2000-2005 on Cartoon Network, CNX and Toonami, 2012-2015 on Kix and 2019-present on Pop) there were always commercials. Sadly original Dragon Ball was only aired in the first era, and only from 2003-2005, and a lot of people aren't aware of it because it is overshadowed by Z.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:16 am

I dont think it will succeed at all without ANY promotion and its on a timeslot that screams "This is just filler for the kiddos". But it COULD be a contender if they actually promoted it because Dragon Ball IS INDEED the I WIN button for TV. What are they supposed to compete with?

They air 2 episodes every weekday. And the worst part is that Tigo TV doesnt carry the channel but it is a major tv channel. It is either 2nd or 3rd in overall ratings.

Also I'd like to thank Dragon Ball Ireland for being so awesome and posting in this thread.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:03 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:11 am I was so surprised!

I knew La Tele and Telefuturo were sister networks but I never thought La Tele would air Dragon Ball WITH ZERO PROMOTION.

And I only found out because I was messing with the internet and wondered what La Tele is airing now.
It reminds me when ZTV (a children's morning programming block in Telefe) aired Dragon Ball Z and other anime (Digimon Frontier, Inazuma Eleven, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and 5D's) without kind of advertising or schedule information.

I and other Argentinians only found out because the guys at ANMTVLA wrote an article about it. In fact, when they wrote it, they had already aired the first episode of Z.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Tian wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:03 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:11 am I was so surprised!

It reminds me when ZTV (a children's morning programming block in Telefe) aired Dragon Ball Z and other anime (Digimon Frontier, Inazuma Eleven, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and 5D's) without kind of advertising or schedule information.

I and other Argentinians only found out because the guys at ANMTVLA wrote an article about it. In fact, when they wrote it, they had already aired the first episode of Z.
I LOVED ZTV. Dont live in Argentina but I love that they did it. And even they got more promotion than this did. They actually put the effort to make those muppets promote the shows. I wish I had made a post about ZTV here too!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:03 pm I LOVED ZTV. Dont live in Argentina but I love that they did it. And even they got more promotion than this did. They actually put the effort to make those muppets promote the shows. I wish I had made a post about ZTV here too!
Fortunately, for folks outside Argentina, they can still watch the block on Saturdays and Sundays through Telefe Internacional (available in several countries)

But there's one thing, they don't air cartoons nor anime since those were only licensed for airing in Argentina. So, they only air the puppets' sketches.

One thing I liked about one of these sketches was the fact that you could tell what they were going to air based on Camilo VII's comments.

For those who don't know, Camilo is the puppet in charge of the broadcast console that "aired" the cartoon and anime series.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:38 pm

The worst part about this is that they also aired Digimon Adventure 1999 (La Tele and Telefuturo seem to have a relationship with Toei) and they promoted that one. I think what happened is that Telefuturo fears DB could kill their shitty morning shows if promoted. Or just wanted to make use of their license of DB while they still had the chance.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:39 am

Please forgive me for double posting but now that OG Dragon Ball finished its run Dragon Ball GT has started in its place.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:01 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:39 am Please forgive me for double posting but now that OG Dragon Ball finished its run Dragon Ball GT has started in its place.
Why are they skipping Dragon Ball Z?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm

They arent. Z and Super air on Telefuturo, and La Tele is a subcontractor channel. Both have terrific ratings but its obvious Grupo Vierci sees OG DB and GT as lesser than Z and Super La Tele airs those.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm They arent. Z and Super air on Telefuturo, and La Tele is a subcontractor channel. Both have terrific ratings but its obvious Grupo Vierci sees OG DB and GT as lesser than Z and Super La Tele airs those.
Are they airing Z with the Cloverway masters or the horrible ones that are currently airing on Warner?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:39 pm

They are DEFINITELY using Funimation's crappy masters for Z... but I dont CARE! It's Dragon Ball on Broadcast television! For FREE!

One thing I did not note is that the OG Dragon Ball broadcast used LATIN AMERICAN BROADCAST AUDIO. So crisp and high quality. AND NO ONE RECORDED IT.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:01 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:39 pm They are DEFINITELY using Funimation's crappy masters for Z... but I dont CARE! It's Dragon Ball on Broadcast television! For FREE!

One thing I did not note is that the OG Dragon Ball broadcast used LATIN AMERICAN BROADCAST AUDIO. So crisp and high quality. AND NO ONE RECORDED IT.
Well, that audio is available on "sites".

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:18 am

Good because I would be pissed if La Tele was a chance to get it and no one did it. And La Tele is using Cloverway's masters.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:37 pm

What dub and what Country is this

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:16 pm

*Feels a bit weirded out that you dont know Paraguay is the country, since its in the title...* Paraguay, Latin American dub.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 am

Does anyone know what episode of GT La Tele is on?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 am

Good thing you asked! Its on the episode where Trunks dresses in drag and pretends to be a bride.

And I have some major news. La Tele DID promote GT but does it along with all the other animated kids shows they have like Captain Tsubasa and so on, they even used Digimon's Butterfly to promote the block which means I was right, this block is to foment a relationship with Toei. And the ratings for the Telefuturo Broacast of DBZ 19% is 380,000 viewers and La Tele's are 11% and 220,000 viewers. Out of a full TV population of 2 million.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:11 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 am Good thing you asked! Its on the episode where Trunks dresses in drag and pretends to be a bride.

And I have some major news. La Tele DID promote GT but does it along with all the other animated kids shows they have like Captain Tsubasa and so on, they even used Digimon's Butterfly to promote the block which means I was right, this block is to foment a relationship with Toei. And the ratings for the Telefuturo Broacast of DBZ 19% is 380,000 viewers and La Tele's are 11% and 220,000 viewers. Out of a full TV population of 2 million.
Those are very high ratings.

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:04 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 am Good thing you asked! Its on the episode where Trunks dresses in drag and pretends to be a bride.

I would like to see that promo, do you know where to get it? I want to believe that they skipped DBZ intentionally, because until recently it was aired on Telefuturo.

On the other hand, if there were people recording Dragon Ball from Telefuturo and La Tele but they do not share them or have few episodes, unfortunately. While series like Dragon Ball GT or Captain Tsubasa (1983) are being broadcasted with material from the internet, as this is how they are apparently distributed.