Female Animators you would love to see working on Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Female Animators you would love to see working on Dragon Ball

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:43 am

I am seeing a lot of awesome female animators working on One Piece and I would love to see some of them work on Dragon Ball. These are people whose talent speaks volumes about the quality of their work.

We've already seen Megumi Ishitani, but Aya Komaki and now this newcomer Nanami Michibata sound great.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Female Animators you would love to see working on Dragon Ball

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:35 am

Megumi Ishitani is the real deal. As far as directors go there's no one I want to see more return to this franchise than her.
But One Piece is so blessed right now that count only female animators is not fair. I want Ryota Nakamura to do more DB too and newcomers like Vincent Chansard and Akihiro Ota.

We need an anime first though and I'm soooo tired of waiting.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:43 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:35 am Megumi Ishitani is the real deal. As far as directors go there's no one I want to see more return to this franchise than her.
But One Piece is so blessed right now that count only female animators is not fair. I want Ryota Nakamura to do more DB too and newcomers like Vincent Chansard and Akihiro Ota.

We need an anime first though and I'm soooo tired of waiting.
I know it isnt fair and I knew someone would say only including female animators is not fair but I think very few people know of female animators or associate them with SJW's (Ugh) and so I wanted to highlight them. I should change the title to something more concise to convey giving female animators their due without excluding the male animators.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:44 am

Everyday I think about Kouno Megumi's wonderful work on I'm@S. She would definitely bring a lot of nuanced character animation—or a cool fight—if she worked on Dragon Ball.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Sayo Yamamoto - Space Dandy, Viva Namida, Redline, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

Rie Matsumoto - Blood Blockade Battlefront, Kyosogiga, Baby I Love You Daze.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:44 pm

Personally, I'd love to see Toshie Kawamura (Yes! PreCure 5 (GoGo), Smile PreCure, HUGtto PreCure, Dr. Slump Returns movie trilogy) tackle Dragon Ball one day.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw her name come up in one of modern DB's works. Maybe it was key animation for the 2008 OVA?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:42 pm

I'd love to see Rie Matsumoto take on DB, she's long overdue for another shot at directing a show.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:48 am

dragonballhero wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:44 pm Personally, I'd love to see Toshie Kawamura (Yes! PreCure 5 (GoGo), Smile PreCure, HUGtto PreCure, Dr. Slump Returns movie trilogy) tackle Dragon Ball one day.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw her name come up in one of modern DB's works. Maybe it was key animation for the 2008 OVA?
Does she do actual animation? I thought she just did character designs.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:06 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:48 am
dragonballhero wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:44 pm Personally, I'd love to see Toshie Kawamura (Yes! PreCure 5 (GoGo), Smile PreCure, HUGtto PreCure, Dr. Slump Returns movie trilogy) tackle Dragon Ball one day.

Does she do actual animation? I thought she just did character designs.
From what I've read, she's done a fair bit of key animation and the like (particularly for PreCure), but yeah, character designs seem to be her bread and butter.

On that note, I have to admit that I WOULD like to see her take on DB characters. Namely Bulma, Videl, Pan, Bulla, Goten (EoZ), and Trunks (Future AND EoZ) come to mind as characters I'd like to see.