Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:06 pm
Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:50 pm https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 1580858404
Yeah, it's definitely happening.
It's a good indication something MIGHT be happening, it doesn't confirm Dragon Ball Magic
At this point, I’m inclined to think it’s more likely than Super coming back as an anime.
Right, I'd sooner buy an announcement for 2uper than Dragon Ball Magic

Though, like Vegetto95 pointed out, nothing about the tweet confirms a new show or season is being announced, just that a new Goku balloon is making its debut which could mean something but don't bet the farm on it.

Javaki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Javaki » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:47 am

Vegetto95 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:07 pm
GhostEmperorX wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:59 pm Doesn't help that people have to be logged in to see thread chains now.
Ahhh... I did not know that (I barely ever use Twitter, even before the buyout). Thanks a BUNCH, Elon... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still... it's not like people can't just, you know... just click on the link for Toei's Twitter page to see all of their tweets and find out that way...
That also doesn't work any more. When you visit a Xitter profile without a Xitter account, you see random tweets from that profile instead of the most recent ones. Nitter still works as a work-around though: https://nitter.net/ToeiAnimation/status ... 2703504746

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 am

So uh, Akio Iyoku will be executive producer for the event,

https://x.com/dbshype/status/1707284289 ... bKOI4pJvVQ

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:31 am

shadd21 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 am So uh, Akio Iyoku will be executive producer for the event,

That's another confirmation that something animated (and guess what :twisted: ) is being announced here.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 am

I guess this is another indication the panel will be a big deal. But I'm surprised he's still involved with the franchise.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:22 am

Holy shit. Iyoku's there and there's no mention of Hayashida. What the hell is going on? :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:40 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:31 am
shadd21 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 am So uh, Akio Iyoku will be executive producer for the event,

That's another confirmation that something animated (and guess what :twisted: ) is being announced here.
But not really because his whole schtick was wanting to bring the anime back and Shueisha said no

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:55 am

AnimeAjay is the only one I trust since he's a moderator here. Kanzenshuu only deals with facts and not misinformation, clickbait, or other baseless shenanigans you see on social media. It's only two weeks away so we'll find out soon if any of these leaks are true.

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:08 am

Javaki wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:47 am
Vegetto95 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:07 pm
GhostEmperorX wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:59 pm Doesn't help that people have to be logged in to see thread chains now.
Ahhh... I did not know that (I barely ever use Twitter, even before the buyout). Thanks a BUNCH, Elon... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still... it's not like people can't just, you know... just click on the link for Toei's Twitter page to see all of their tweets and find out that way...
That also doesn't work any more. When you visit a Xitter profile without a Xitter account, you see random tweets from that profile instead of the most recent ones. Nitter still works as a work-around though: https://nitter.net/ToeiAnimation/status ... 2703504746
So you're legitimately telling me that, without a Shitter account, you can't actually see the Tweets that a Tweet is directly linked to????
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus, what hasn't Musk fucked up???? *sigh*

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:23 pm

The rumor has reached the Spanish Speaking fandom lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:20 pm

It does sound fake, but so did the leaks for DBS Super Hero. If it's real, I wonder if they'll try to reimagine all the GT villains in this series and SS4.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:32 pm

Crossing my fingers that they bring back the Gokuu beard.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:55 pm

Between Akio coming to NYCC and all the video games pushing kid Goku, I don't really think it's fake anymore. Didn't the merchandise start pushing Broly and Gogeta before DBS:Broly came out? I remember there being a few toy deals with them and the Z movies being put in theaters before the reveal.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:01 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:32 pm Crossing my fingers that they bring back the Gokuu beard.
Yes, we will probably see more of Chichi this time aroung.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:55 pm Between Akio coming to NYCC and all the video games pushing kid Goku, I don't really think it's fake anymore. Didn't the merchandise start pushing Broly and Gogeta before DBS:Broly came out? I remember there being a few toy deals with them and the Z movies being put in theaters before the reveal.
And leading up to Super Hero, there was a whole bunch of Red Ribbon Army and Cell-related content, if I remember correctly.

I would like to ask everyone though... if it does come to it, are any of us seeing the likes of (Prime) Trunks, Goten, and Pan get deeply involved with this story?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:11 pm

dragonballhero wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:55 pm Between Akio coming to NYCC and all the video games pushing kid Goku, I don't really think it's fake anymore. Didn't the merchandise start pushing Broly and Gogeta before DBS:Broly came out? I remember there being a few toy deals with them and the Z movies being put in theaters before the reveal.
And leading up to Super Hero, there was a whole bunch of Red Ribbon Army and Cell-related content, if I remember correctly.

I would like to ask everyone though... if it does come to it, are any of us seeing the likes of (Prime) Trunks, Goten, and Pan get deeply involved with this story?
I don't see why not. They had a whole mini series dedicated to Goten and Trunks in the manga and they got to be in Super Hero along with Pan who was one of the main characters of the movie.

What I'm wondering is, do they still plan to let Goku keep his forms? Like are we going to see him go SSB and UI/MUI?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:03 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:11 pm

I don't see why not. They had a whole mini series dedicated to Goten and Trunks in the manga and they got to be in Super Hero along with Pan who was one of the main characters of the movie.

What I'm wondering is, do they still plan to let Goku keep his forms? Like are we going to see him go SSB and UI/MUI?
Personally I think just SS. It's too ionic and easy to sell toys.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:37 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:11 pm

Fair point. What's more... well, call me crazy, but I can't help but feel like the Super manga in particular is currently drawing a good deal of attention towards the fact that Trunks and ESPECIALLY Goten have been used VERY scarcely throughout modern DB, post-2008 OVA, to the point that they seem to be going a version of what Gohan's been suffering through as of recently (i.e. lack of training making him/them quite rusty).

It just feels like, in-between the boys mentioning that part of why they did this Saiyaman thing is because no one ever calls them to help out anymore, so they've been feeling pretty useless AND now all of this attention being brought to them getting almost as rusty as Gohan, maybe the franchise is planning on doing more with them?

I don't know, I just get the feeling that with the duo FINALLY aged up physically, it'd be a waste to not do anything meaningful/memorable with them, post-Super Hero.

And don't even get me started on Pan, who I've seen gain a WAY better rep from the general fanbase after that very movie's release. It seems as though, while the stain GT left on her hasn't totally been forgiven, she's definitely gained a lot more goodwill, from what I've seen. Though to be totally fair, it REALLY helps that Toriyama DIDN'T write Pan to essentially be a Teen Bulma stand-in like she was purposely written to be like in GT.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:11 pm

If Iyoku is there, then 100% sure a new anime project will be announced. Whatever it is.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:04 pm

If real, all I ask is something post-EoZ. That's my sole request. The more stuff they add, the more comical it is to imagine all of it wedged in before what we once assumed was Buu arc characters, but older and a little more powerful, perhaps negigibly so.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.