Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:52 am

The fact that a composer or sound director haven't been announced yet makes me lean towards there being no real sound production done on the series yet—which is to say, they probably haven't recorded voice acting yet. I don’t knownwhy they are dragging their feet if they supposedly already have a number of finished episodes already, but who knows.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 am

In case they are following the same pattern from the Super Hero trailers, then we might get a 3rd trailer with voice acting
The first two trailers lacked any voice acting or sounds, and used royalty free music
Trailer 1 was released in July 2021 (it was actually a teaser, but I consider a teaser a trailer so whatever)
Trailer 2 in October 2021
And Trailer 3 (first one featuring voices) in December 2021

Let's remember that Super Hero was delayed, it was originally planned to be released in April 2022, so let's analyse it
Trailer 1 released 9 months prior to Movie's release
Trailer 2 6 months prior
Trailer 3 4 months prior

Now for Daima it took 3 months from trailer 1 to trailer 2, exactly like Super Hero, so we might be getting Daima's Trailer 3 in March, but Daima's release date is further away than Super Hero original release date, so there's also a chance trailer 3 will come out in June only.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:08 pm

I know this has nothing to do with Daima...but it has everything to do with Warner dancing and screaming at Toei "WE ARE A GOOD LICENSEE! GIVE US DAIMA OR GIVE US DEATH!" Or something

Anyway DBZKai will air on Toonami USA again. Toei And Adult Swim are indeed playing licensee politics. Just like in Latin America where Adult Swim is basically the Toei Animation Channel.

viewtopic.php?p=1777726#p1777726
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 am In case they are following the same pattern from the Super Hero trailers, then we might get a 3rd trailer with voice acting
The first two trailers lacked any voice acting or sounds, and used royalty free music
Trailer 1 was released in July 2021 (it was actually a teaser, but I consider a teaser a trailer so whatever)

Let's remember that Super Hero was delayed, it was originally planned to be released in April 2022, so let's analyse it
Trailer 2 6 months prior
Trailer 3 4 months prior

Now for Daima it took 3 months from trailer 1 to trailer 2, exactly like Super Hero, so we might be getting Daima's Trailer 3 in March, but Daima's release date is further away than Super Hero original release date, so there's also a chance trailer 3 will come out in June only.
Trailer will come out on Goku day, May 9th.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:02 am

Jord wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:51 pm Trailer will come out on Goku day, May 9th.
Where did you get this info from?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:08 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:02 am
Jord wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:51 pm Trailer will come out on Goku day, May 9th.
Where did you get this info from?
They always like to announce something relatively big on this day so it steems like the obvious day to hype this show.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:55 am

No it's not really always, on Goku Day from the last 3 years nothing was announced if I remember correctly, there was nothing in 5/9 2021, Super Hero was announced in July 2021, Daima in October 2023.
I think if you're sure about something you should give actual info about it and not a conjecture :(

XenoSaiyan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by XenoSaiyan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:19 pm

super michael wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:15 am I just realized this, if Goten and Trunks are behaving like babies, just imagine how dumb they are going to make Goku in Dragon Ball Daima.

DBS anime Goku is incredibly dumb and annoying, imagine if they make Goku worse in Dragon Ball Daima. We know Toei will go to any length, just to make Goku dumb.

DBS Super Heroe is my evidence, in how Toei doesn't care if it is bad writing or contradicts character intelligence. As long as they make Goku dumb and annoying, that is all they care.
DBS Manga Goku isn't any better, i don't why manga fans act like he is when he does literally the same crap for the same reasons. And fans need to stop blaming Toei for things which clearly due to Toriyama himself or Toyotaro.

DB Heroes Goku on the other hand never really does nor say anything stupid from what I've seen, especially in the games themselves. And that version of Goku is mostly by Toei and Bandai.

XenoSaiyan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by XenoSaiyan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:27 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:18 pm I'm not really aware of the current situation in the fandom
But I've heard about the "hate" towards Toriyama (and even Toyotaro) in recent years, and to me this seems to be just another case of "Old is good, new is bad", I've never seen these people saying that Super did at least one thing better than DB, Z and even GT, but I could be wrong since I don't even see what the fandom is debating.

I like SSJ God and Ultra Instinct more than SSJ4 though, which is why I said I'd like to see those two forms reintroduced in case Daima tries to disregard Super as a continuation of Z, hehe (It doesn't have to be in Daima, since as I said I'm not expecting any transformations in this story)
There's plenty of folks who think Super in general >> GT, and there's plenty fans who see Post-Jiren Super as better than large chunks of Classic Dragonball, especially the Super movies which have better storytelling than most Dragonball media that came after the Namek saga.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 am In case they are following the same pattern from the Super Hero trailers, then we might get a 3rd trailer with voice acting

Trailer 2 6 months prior
Trailer 3 4 months prior

I'm not so sure, the second trailer is the Goku trailer, and if a few characters get their own trailers (I at least expect Vegeta to get one, maybe Shin too), I don't see them being voiced while Goku's is muted.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:48 pm

XenoSaiyan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:27 pm There's plenty of folks who think Super in general >> GT, and there's plenty fans who see Post-Jiren Super as better than large chunks of Classic Dragonball, especially the Super movies which have better storytelling than most Dragonball media that came after the Namek saga.
And I saw plenty of folks who think GT in general >> Super, I personally don't believe there's a general consensus, nor I care about what the fans think, for me there are multiple reasons for them to believe thay a specific installment of the series or saga is the franchise's peak. The closest we have to a conclusion is that, people seem to like DB and DBZ more than Super, and Super more than GT, and that's it, I think it's pointless to think furthermore about this.
Lukmendes wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:49 pm I'm not so sure, the second trailer is the Goku trailer, and if a few characters get their own trailers (I at least expect Vegeta to get one, maybe Shin too), I don't see them being voiced while Goku's is muted.
Dragon Ball Super Broly Trailer 1 was about Goku, Vegeta and Broly in the modern days, Trailer 2 was about Bardock and the past of the Saiyajins, Trailer 3 the same as Trailer 1, there was the Gogeta trailer too.
All of them featured voice acting.
I personally don't see the point of making character trailers if you're not going to present their voices, Trailer 2 looks like just another regular trailer for me.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:07 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:48 pm Dragon Ball Super Broly Trailer 1 was about Goku, Vegeta and Broly in the modern days, Trailer 2 was about Bardock and the past of the Saiyajins, Trailer 3 the same as Trailer 1, there was the Gogeta trailer too.
All of them featured voice acting.
I'm talking about Daima specific trailers;
I personally don't see the point of making character trailers if you're not going to present their voices, Trailer 2 looks like just another regular trailer for me.
Trailer 2 only has Goku as the focus.

I'm just pointing out that the name the trailer got may mean Goku isn't the only character specific trailer it's getting, time will tell.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:06 am

Oh shit, my bad XD discard what I said previously, sorry I had only watched the trailer in Japanese, I hadn't seen it in English to know what the title said so I wasn't aware of it.
Still, I don't see the point of making character trailers without voice acting. I think it could be a evidence that they haven't really recorded anything yet.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:37 am

XenoSaiyan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:19 pm
super michael wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:15 am I just realized this, if Goten and Trunks are behaving like babies, just imagine how dumb they are going to make Goku in Dragon Ball Daima.

DBS anime Goku is incredibly dumb and annoying, imagine if they make Goku worse in Dragon Ball Daima. We know Toei will go to any length, just to make Goku dumb.

DBS Super Heroe is my evidence, in how Toei doesn't care if it is bad writing or contradicts character intelligence. As long as they make Goku dumb and annoying, that is all they care.
DBS Manga Goku isn't any better, i don't why manga fans act like he is when he does literally the same crap for the same reasons. And fans need to stop blaming Toei for things which clearly due to Toriyama himself or Toyotaro.

DB Heroes Goku on the other hand never really does nor say anything stupid from what I've seen, especially in the games themselves. And that version of Goku is mostly by Toei and Bandai.
DBS Manga Goku is vastly superior compared to DBS Anime Goku. There are no dedicated chapters to Goku being dumb, while in the anime there are dedicated episode to Goku being dumb.

Every time Goku appeared in the anime he has to say or do something dumb. That is what makes DBS Manga different, he does dumb things less times.

Are you serious about DBS Super Hero Movie Goku? This is the conversation that happened:

Goku: Hey, cut it out! If you sit still so long, you're gonna get rusty! The world is full of guys like Jiren, and Broly here and loads of other amazin' folks!

Vegeta: Shut up and don't interfere. This is training too.

Goku: You fibber! No way is that a form of trainin'!

Vegeta: You just don't get it.

Goku: What's to get?

Vegeta: Jiren was so overwhelmingly strong. And yet, his power really wasn't so different from our own.

Goku: Huh?

Vegeta: But he used his power with total efficiency. Didn't you notice? Even in the midst of battle, his body and spirit were both fully relaxed until the moment he struck.

Goku: Really?

Vegeta: Such an attack from nowhere can't be predicted by the enemy, and packs a tremendous punch. What's more, it allows one to conserve stamina.

Goku: Maybe so...

Vegeta: Jiren probably achieved it by instinct. So since I can't manage it myself, I'm starting out with mental training.

Whis: Ding ding ding! Outstanding! Truly outstanding, Vegeta-san! I'm impressed you've realized that.
You are absolutely correct! It's not training to simply beef up your body like an idiot.

See Goku was totally dumb and clueless. Why not have Broly be the clueless one, surely Paragus only focused on brute strength.
But no Goku has to be the one to act like a inexperienced amateur and a clown.

Toei every chance they get, Goku has to be dumb, even when he has plenty of experience and knowledge.

Goku he used his powers efficiently on Namek, he tricked the scouters. He only used his maximum power in short burst.
Lets not forget all the times Goku did meditation.

XenoSaiyan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by XenoSaiyan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:17 pm

super michael wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:37 am

DBS Manga Goku is vastly superior compared to DBS Anime Goku. There are no dedicated chapters to Goku being dumb, while in the anime there are dedicated episode to Goku being dumb.

Every time Goku appeared in the anime he has to say or do something dumb. That is what makes DBS Manga different, he does dumb things less times.

Are you serious about DBS Super Hero Movie Goku? This is the conversation that happened:

Goku: Hey, cut it out! If you sit still so long, you're gonna get rusty! The world is full of guys like Jiren, and Broly here and loads of other amazin' folks!

Vegeta: Jiren was so overwhelmingly strong. And yet, his power really wasn't so different from our own.

Vegeta: But he used his power with total efficiency. Didn't you notice? Even in the midst of battle, his body and spirit were both fully relaxed until the moment he struck.

Vegeta: Such an attack from nowhere can't be predicted by the enemy, and packs a tremendous punch. What's more, it allows one to conserve stamina.

Vegeta: Jiren probably achieved it by instinct. So since I can't manage it myself, I'm starting out with mental training.

Whis: Ding ding ding! Outstanding! Truly outstanding, Vegeta-san! I'm impressed you've realized that.
You are absolutely correct! It's not training to simply beef up your body like an idiot.

See Goku was totally dumb and clueless. Why not have Broly be the clueless one, surely Paragus only focused on brute strength.

Toei every chance they get, Goku has to be dumb, even when he has plenty of experience and knowledge.

Goku he used his powers efficiently on Namek, he tricked the scouters. He only used his maximum power in short burst.
"There are no dedicated chapters to Goku being dumb"

Yes there are, in fact Goku says and does something stupid in every arc of the Super Manga especially in the ToP and the Moro fight.

IDK why Manga fanboys are so defensive of it when none of the nonsense it frequently pulls off would be defended by anyone if they happened in the Super Anime or GT.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:31 pm

XenoSaiyan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:17 pm
super michael wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:37 am

"There are no dedicated chapters to Goku being dumb"

Yes there are, in fact Goku says and does something stupid in every arc of the Super Manga especially in the ToP and the Moro fight.

IDK why Manga fanboys are so defensive of it when none of the nonsense it frequently pulls off would be defended by anyone if they happened in the Super Anime or GT.
When I say dedicated episode, I mean something like Beerus in a costume. Goku was clueless and dumb the entire time.
Goku thinks Kuririn screaming Taiyoken = Monaka transform, how stupid can Goku be.

Beerus custome is breaking but Goku doesn't realize. Goku doesn't realize that Puar doesn't sound or act like Beerus and when Goku sees the real Monaka and hears Yamcha spill the beans, still nothing.
Goku was forcing Monaka to fight, even though Monaka didn't want to. That was bad of Goku.

I almost forgot Goku doesn't realize that Chiaotzu is using magic on him, even though he felt Chiaotzu magic in the 22nd Martial Art Tournament.

Every arc doesn't mean every episode.

Let me give you an example if DBS Manga Goku does 1 dumb thing, Toei takes it to 11x.

Goku in DBS Manga only mistake is grabbing Master Roshi coupon instead of the Talisman in the manga.
Goku in DBS Anime he forgets the senzu bean, urn and talisman. Goku even thinks that eating many senzu bean = immortality.

See Toei goes overboard.

DBS Anime Goku whines when Vegeta trains without Goku. Goku wants Vegeta to let him know everytime Vegeta goes to Whis planet.
This never happens in DBS Manga.

Maybe you the anime fans are ignoring the anime issues.

Here is a list that compares DBS Anime Goku to DB/DBZ:

---
DB Goku = Tenshinhan you cheater. This is in 22nd world martial art tournament. Chiaotzu uses magic.
DBS Goku = Goku doesn't realize someone doing something to slow him down. Chiaotzu uses magic.
---
DB Goku = Goku the only one to know who is stronger between Tenshinhan and Tai Pai Pai
DBS Goku = Goku the only one to not know Monaka is weak.
---
DB Goku = Goku the only one who knew Kami was lying. Goku was the only one to know Kami was in a disguise as a human.
DBS Goku = Goku the only one who doesn't know that Beerus was lying and was in a costume.
---
DB Goku = I recognise his scent, Master Shen reveal his identity.
DBS Goku = Can't tell he is fighting Beerus, even though the ki is of Beerus, costume breaking and no masking scent. Goku can hear their voice, smell their scent and Yamcha spilled the beans but nothing Goku is brainless. Goku could see Krillin in front and hear him say Taiyoken and yet he thought that flashing light was Monaka.
---
DB Goku = Never forgets senzu beans
DBS Goku = Forgets senzu beans, urn and talisman, which lead to Future Trunks time line being erased, since Mafuba was useless. Master Roshi wasn't the one who forgot.
---
DB Goku = Wanted to avenge Uppa father
DBS Goku = Doesn't care that Vegeta was disappearing
---
DB and DBZ Goku = Rarely drop their guard
DBS Goku = Enjoys dropping his guard too much even when he knows he is the target and can get attacked at any time. His guard is so down that he can't react at all.
---
DB and DBZ Goku = Able to keep secrets with no problem
DBS Goku = Unable to keep secrets stated by Bulma
---
DB and DBZ Goku = Doesn’t Force or pester anyone to fight him.
DBS Goku = Forces anyone to fight him, even if they have no desire or just plain don't want to fight such as Monaka, Zamasu, Gohan, etc.
---
DB and DBZ Goku = acknowledge some of his mistakes
DBS Goku = doesn’t acknowledge any mistakes he does
*DBZ Goku acknowledge letting Vegeta was a mistake and when the Cell Jr beat up the Z fighters.
---
DB and DBZ Goku = When Goku see someone die, he always thinks of using the Dragon Balls to revive even if they are strangers who he never met.
DBS Goku = When Jiren ask Goku what would he wish for, Goku says that he doesn't know even though he saw the other Universe erased.
---
DB Goku = Was waiting patiently to get trained by Master Roshi and obeyed him.
DBS Goku = Goku was annoying Whis and being inpatient, even though Whis agreed to train him. Goku got so annoying that Whis considered not training him.
---
DB/DBZ Goku = Attacks when someone guard is wide open or can't sense ki.
DBS Goku = Gets annoyed if anyone attacks while transforming, no matter how wide open they are. Refuse to use full power if his opponent refuse to use their full power like Goku Black.
---

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:50 pm

I wonder if the main cast will be kids during the whole show or just for one arc?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:50 pm I wonder if the main cast will be kids during the whole show or just for one arc?
That is a good question.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:40 pm

I hated that Goku was a kid during the entire run in GT. It felt creepy and depressing that Chi Chi is married to a child (even if it's a 50 year old adult in a kids body) and that Goku would out live his friends & family. He should turn back into an adult after Baby died. Hopefully, not everyone would be kids in Daima for the entire thing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:40 pm I hated that Goku was a kid during the entire run in GT. It felt creepy and depressing that Chi Chi is married to a child (even if it's a 50 year old adult in a kids body) and that Goku would out live his friends & family. He should turn back into an adult after Baby died. Hopefully, not everyone would be kids in Daima for the entire thing.
Master Roshi, Korin, Boo, Dende, Piccolo and Mr Popo has a longer life span than Goku even if he got turned into a kid. They can reach over 100 years easy or don't die to old age.

I don't get why Chi Chi wanted Goku to make a wish to be a adult again, why not make a wish to make herself the same age like Goku. Turning into a kid isn't a bad thing.

I don't have a problem with characters de-aging, that isn't my problem with GT and Daima.
The only thing I don't like is they turned Goten and Trunks into babies both body and mind. They are going to use that as a way to not be able to do anything.