Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 98 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 98 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by BWri » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:38 pm

Mr Baggins wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:04 am
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:39 pm Cute redraw of the Toriyama Cell Max promo illustration for the Chapter.
I knew I saw that somewhere before. Good catch!

Also, I think it's funny that people are quick to call the gigantification thing an "error" when here I was thinking it's already goofy that Piccolo had to be reminded of a technique he could apparently still use like second nature in the movie anyway. While I'm sure this is unintentionally a result of Toyotaro being faithful to the script, it ain't that big a deal.
Plus, it's not really an error since Gohan could be referring to his or Vegeta's Oozaru forms during the Moro arc.
Cipher wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:39 pm His damage in the movie shows bone and sinew—not wiring.
Ah shoot! I'm not sure how I Mandela effected that scene so badly but this whole time I assumed Cell Max was mostly mechanical. Opens some new questions up for me about Cell Max's regeneration. Does he not use it because he's fresh out the womb, so to speak or is he not engineered in the same way as Cell and lacking the cells of fighters like Piccolo? I imagine it's because he's incomplete.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-