Dragon Ball ultimate Recap

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball ultimate Recap

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:08 am

This came out a few days ago but it is the first anime parody this channel makes so they might not be well know within in the anime groups...

I would like to know your opinions here because this is an accurate parody in my opinion. Here are the experts in DB so let's hear you.

Consider this is the way dragon ball is perceived by other fandoms such as the starwars or harry potter fans. I think it is interesting to say the least the way the general public perceives Dragon Ball Z and that makes it worthy to watch:

https://youtu.be/Gtjgk2uHHRw?si=gQ3m3y2m7ytEbdFQ

It is only the saiyan saga I gueds depending in its success they would continue... or not.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball ultimate Recap

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:16 am

The art style is giving newgrounds circa 2005

The music sounding vaguely similar ish to Kikuchi's score without quite being like it for copyright reasons was cool

Otherwise it appears to be an 11 minute long video of nothing but fighting sound effects and grunts with a purposefully ugly art style. Life is short, I tapped out after 2 minutes.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:44 pm

I actually think its a bit better than that. Especially since there are instances where there's some cool fight sakuga in the mix.

I went in thinking this is was going to be the same old, "hurrr they power up for 5 episodes/Namek will explode in 5 min" jokes we've been hearing for ever, and was surprised to find it to be a sincere attempt to summarize DBZ (to the frieza saga), even if it just largely focuses on the more iconic moments.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:31 pm

Krilln got owned 11 times. Wow
It's not only me who noticed but why is puar wishing for panties.