What does the French titles look like in the censored dubs of Movies 1 - 9?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

What does the French titles look like in the censored dubs of Movies 1 - 9?

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm

I'm doing a fan-project on something known as the "French Cut Edition". This project is supposed to be the "Big Green dub, but what if it shows its own English movie title during the beginning of the movies". I've heard of this obscure rumor that during pre-production of the Big Green dub, they were originally gonna use the French opening (from the French dub of Movies 1 - 9 and the Iberian Spanish dubs) with the official instrumental, but they just go with the Japanese opening and endings (except Movie 4's ending instrumental, which is replaced with Movie 6's ending instrumental). So, if anyone sends the screenshots of the movie names shown on text, from one of the clips from the censored French dub of Movies 1 - 9, that would be great, since I don't know where I should put the "Big Green" movie names in the Movies 1 - 9 beginning clips.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Re: What does the French titles look like in the censored dubs of Movies 1 - 9?

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:50 pm

So your ThePerfectCanadianDBFan. I don't know what it look like but It might be what the big green dub did why the title below what comes after the title card.

I am looking for a vhs rip of the Portagal dubs of curse of the blood rubies and sleeping princess in devil's castle

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:32 am

Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm I'm doing a fan-project on something known as the "French Cut Edition". This project is supposed to be the "Big Green dub, but what if it shows its own English movie title during the beginning of the movies". I've heard of this obscure rumor that during pre-production of the Big Green dub, they were originally gonna use the French opening (from the French dub of Movies 1 - 9 and the Iberian Spanish dubs) with the official instrumental, but they just go with the Japanese opening and endings (except Movie 4's ending instrumental, which is replaced with Movie 6's ending instrumental). So, if anyone sends the screenshots of the movie names shown on text, from one of the clips from the censored French dub of Movies 1 - 9, that would be great, since I don't know where I should put the "Big Green" movie names in the Movies 1 - 9 beginning clips.
If you want to recreate "french cut edition" you only need to use the big green dub dvd, it use the same footage as it's basically AB video master,
but there is no "proper title card', each airings, release etc use their own title added with random text police and sometimes there was'nt any title card, the french opening song was used (this one but unremastered) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5We7VDecmDs only in the first VHS (AK edition labelled) that was more censored than what was on the big green dvd and the later french unremastered censored dvd
recreating french censored version is basically useless cause each airings, each release have their own level of censorship, the first airing doesn't mean that it was the less censored version
if you want to recreate for db,z,gt and movies the less censored french edition you need
- movies tv sp big green dub dvd
- db german db censored dvd
- dbz german dbz censored dvd
- gt french dvd (there is only one dvd release for gt that use tv masters)

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:40 pm

Joujou wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:32 am
Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm - dbz german dbz censored dvd
He uploaded the greman DVD of broly the legendary super sayin. I don't know if it's censored but I think it is The title card is basically just the japanese, but with the german title under the japanese title

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:03 pm

Well, I did use the Big Green DVD footage, along with the French OP footage (from the first DVD release of Movies 1 - 2) and made the instrumental, since the Catalan dub had the last second fragment of the instrumental and how the official TV-Size instrumental version is hard to come by, because of either lost or hidden in either Toei or AB Groupe's vault. I heard there's a title of the movie (in text form) that fades in for 5 seconds, then fades out, during the Movie cutscene (e.g: In Movie 4, after the opening plays, it transitioned to the movie cutscene with the text says "La Menace de Namec", which fades in and out). On Archive, I finished making the French Cut editions of Movies 1, 8 and 9, then I'm gonna do Movie 4 next, since the French dub of Movies 4 and 9 are available on YouTube (because Movie 4 on YT had its original master and cutted out the Japanese OP and ED, while the French dub of Movie 9, taken from the LQ VHS rip is splitted into two parts). Speaking of how Movies 4 and 9 is available, the French dub of Movie 8 is also available is on YT, but it's also taken from a VHS rip).

Here's the URLs to the Movies (Original French Masters, because it has its own movie name appearing in text form):

Movie 4 (Original Master):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xysNqu_rntA

Movie 8 (VHS Rip):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvmcyIPVE3Y

Movie 9 (VHS Rip, splitted into two parts due to YT time limits):
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGzUPhuAX0
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCYNXbL0VYA

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Could you do the Original 3 dragon ball movies

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:27 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:43 pm Could you do the Original 3 dragon ball movies
I wish I can, but I couldn't find the French VHS rips of OG Movies 1 - 3. I'm still focused on the "French Cut Edition" project.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm

You do tentatively have the movie the legend of Shenlong title because you posted the ab movie 1 original master and after the opening. It shows the French title.
https://archive.org/details/db-oav-1-french
What youtube Channel did you find it on

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm You do tentatively have the movie the legend of Shenlong title because you posted the ab movie 1 original master and after the opening. It shows the French title.
The french title fades in at 3:26 and fades out at 3:30

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:51 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:15 pm
Dragon ball master wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm You do tentatively have the movie the legend of Shenlong title because you posted the ab movie 1 original master and after the opening. It shows the French title.
The french title fades in at 3:26 and fades out at 3:30
Well, I did find that original master, but it's NOT taken from a VHS rip, but even though finding the French version of OG Movies 1 - 3 in its original master has nothing to do with the "French Cut Edition" project I'm working on, I'm still focused on the project.
Original Master (OG Movie 1): https://youtube.com/watch?v=67LqkLzidss

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:29 pm

Ok thanks for the link

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 am

basically all db,z movies were also released on dvd single french censored version, you can find them easilly as they have ugly drawn cover

here the cover
http://www.cinemapassion.com/jaquettesd ... -films.php

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:25 pm

Joujou wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 am basically all db,z movies were also released on dvd single french censored version, you can find them easilly as they have ugly drawn cover

here the cover
Thanks but we need the censored movie title card of movies 2,3,5,6,and 7

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:12 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:25 pm
Joujou wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 am basically all db,z movies were also released on dvd single french censored version, you can find them easilly as they have ugly drawn cover

here the cover
Thanks but we need the censored movie title card of movies 2,3,5,6,and 7
there is no title card in France, it's only title text written on the footage, all airings have differrent title text placement (sometimes there is no title written) and fonts aren't allways the same, it's just stupid thinking that you need to get one and that it was allways the same , as an example dbz movie 4 you have is written "la menace de namek" , one of my vhs i used to have have "sangoku super guerrier" written on it so it's just idiot waiting to find a screenshot as you can do it the way you want

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:37 pm

That's what I'm talking about. I was trying to find screenshots of the French Text inserted from the movie footage. This project of mine is still in progress, due to hiatus and still finding the text insert from the French dub footage (either screenshots and/or footage of the French text inserted during the movie footage in its original master).

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:30 pm

I found one for Super Android 13. But I don't know is what you're looking for because it came from a Danish big green dub dvd and the text front is different compared to the other

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:21 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:30 pm I found one for Super Android 13. But I don't know is what you're looking for because it came from a Danish big green dub dvd and the text front is different compared to the other
During the movie, a French text fades in for 5 seconds then fades out. So, I was trying to find the French movie footage which has the French text fading in and out (for Movies 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7).

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:02 pm

Even though you're not looking for this I found the title card for the bardock special
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FfB1TvBe ... =2&pp=iAQB

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:02 pm Even though you're not looking for this I found the title card for the bardock special
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FfB1TvBe ... =2&pp=iAQB
one of the title cause this "special" also have another french title in france,
the title "le père de sangoku" is also placed at the same time as the one i've linked above
That's why i am saying that it's not really "usefull" to create exactly the same version as the french title cause everything change each time it aired

TVspecial 2 is the same, sometimes it aired with title at the same time as the japanese one
sometimes it was exactly there
z01 was almost everytime like that but sometimes, it was written when you first see piccolo screaming before the op
z02 have the title while japanese one is showing
but originaly it appeared there with various "fonts" used
same for z movie 3
same for the tv version
here tv version but i used to have a vhs where "la menace de namec" was replaced by "sangoku super guerrier" at the same time as the japanese title card
z movie 5
here where it was on some tv some vhs using various fonts
z movie 6 "cent mille guerriers de metal" usually show there (on this version i allways have, it doesn't have any text) but usually when there is no japanese title card, it was there
z movie 7 title is showing right after japanese title card last few seconds seeing the city until this place
z movie 8 but on vhs and some tv channel it used other fonts and sometimes at the same time as japanese card
z movie 9 here while japanese card
where it was on some airing
or another airing/vhs
thoses 4 are the only ones i've seen

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm

as i can't update the previous post, here are all screen title i have in my hand, as you can see, for several movies, they aren't at the same place, font change and sometimes, there even have mistake