Dragon Ball 2024 Predictions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Dragon Ball 2024 Predictions

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:24 pm

Well, it's that time again. 2023 is over so what do you guys think 2024 will bring for Dragon Ball outside of the things we already know like Xenoverse 2/FighterZ/Kakarot getting ports/updates, Daima coming, Super manga continuing, and Sparking Zero. Here's mine:

1. Crunchyroll re-releases OG Remastered Dragon Ball sets from 2009 and Kai (and maybe the old movies from DB to DBZ) with nothing new added except their logo. We will NOT see the 2008 special, Plan to Eradicate, or Episode of Bardock dubbed ever, even though the Toriko x One Piece x DBZ got dubbed. (I'd laugh if the one time I'm realistic about this, we actually get those dubbed). I don't think Daima will get a home release until 2025 from Crunchyroll.

2. A new Dragon Ball animated movie will be announced and will come out in 2025/2026.

3. The manga might get a re-release from Viz to commemorate Dragon Ball's 40th anniversary, but it might be a basic re-release and not the Kanzenban releases I want. They might release a translated version of that 2016 30th anniversary book Japan got.

4. Possibly with the success of One Piece Netflix, a new live-action Dragon Ball project gets announced.

5. Some 40th anniversary merch comes out.

6. A new Switch game possibly gets announced.

Besides what we know we're getting, this is all I see coming this year at least in America, which is lame in my opinion, but I'm being realistic. Viz and especially Crunchyroll have shown they don't care to release anything new for Dragon Ball too often. But Daima (anime), Super (manga), and Sparking Zero (game) will be more than enough for the fandom alongside Xenoverse 2 coming to next gen, Kakarot DLC 6, and FighterZ possibly getting its next gen release this year.

Thoughts?
Last edited by mecha3000 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball 2024 Predictions

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:29 pm

Sparking Zero will probably be out by the end of 2024. I can see it being a hoilday title.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:58 pm

I feel like hulu could get the rights to the dub of OG and GT Because the only reason why is they don't have the rights.

And also probably OG, Z kai, GT, and Super will be on Disney plus because of the hulu x disney merging.

AB will probably release the rest of there bul rays

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm

- Super Hero stuff will continue in DBS manga with Goten and Trunks on the spotlight;

- French AB Video release of Dragon Ball Blu-Ray is cancelled;

- Sparking Zero won't release in 2024;

- Dragon Ball FighterZ rollback netcode and PS5 version will be released;

- Dragon Ball Daima will win a lot of people over thanks to its production quality;

- New movie announcement.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:24 pm 3. The manga might get a re-release from Viz to commemorate Dragon Ball's 40th anniversary, but it might be a basic re-release and not the Kanzenban releases I want. They might release a translated version of that 2016 30th anniversary book Japan got.
Forgot to mention that I also don't think we'll get more Full Color Editions from Viz because once again, we never get what we want.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:48 pm

Ironically my biggest wish for 2024 wont happen in 2024 which is Daima on Broadcast TV in Latin America. Toei says it will happen on 2025.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:55 pm

Dragon Ball Daima will begin streaming in October or December of 2024, but not on Crunchyroll. My crack theory with little evidence to support it is that Dragon Ball Daima will be released on Netflix because of the wider reach to try and get their big 40th anniversary project into as many homes as possible. I think that at least thirteen episodes will be released in a single go, ala Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac (2019).

Another animated project will be announced after Daima finishes being released.

Dragon Ball Super will continue past Super Hero.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:15 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm - French AB Video release of Dragon Ball Blu-Ray is cancelled
Why do you think that Ab will cancel it?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:04 pm

1) FighterZ 2 will be announced at EVO.

2) Daima will stream on Netflix but, episodes will be released weekly instead.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 pm

Norihito Sumitomo will return as the composer for Daima, at least I hope so, he recently said that he's the signed composer for the series since 2014, so maybe that means he just took a break after Super Broly? Idk, I just want to see more of him so I don't expect Sato to return, not that I didn't like his score for Super Hero, but it can't compare to Sumitomo's work imo so I definitely prefer his return over Sato's, I really hope it doesn't take long for us to get info on Daima's composer.

Edit: Almost forgot about this one, I think it's very unlikely to happen, but what if? There will be a new version of Makafushigi Adventure in Daima, as a insert song or even as the opening, with Hiroki Takahashi returning. If not, then at least there are going to be tracks from the score based on Makafushigi Adventure, which would be the first new instrumental versions of Makafushigi Adventure since Kikuchi's score for Z Movie 2 from 1990
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:04 am

Dude, considering the quality of live actions lately I'd be up for that!
mecha3000 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:24 pm
4. Possibly with the success of One Piece Netflix, a new live-action Dragon Ball project gets announced.
My predictions:

AB will continue to release Dragon Ball on Blu Ray.

There will be more Daizenshuu coming out in France.

Dragon Ball Sparking Zero will come out.

Another Dragon Ball movie will be announced.

The Dragon Ball Super manga will continue.

Dragon Ball SD will continue.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:15 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm - French AB Video release of Dragon Ball Blu-Ray is cancelled
it's just a guess. it's been over a year since the first set came out and still no announcement on the second one. Cleary something happened. If whatever happened results in its cancelation remains to be seen.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:35 am

1. If Crunchyroll plans on re-releasing OG Dragon Ball it will be in February and of course it's just gonna be the Blue Bricks with the Crunchyroll logo slapped on and like at least 50% more expensive than what they were going for. Hope everyone already has their blue bricks/madman sets/saga sets/imported Dragon Box

2. The AB Groupe Blu-rays has gone the way of the Funimation Level Sets

3 Dragon Ball Daima will be utterly despised by fans of Dragon Ball Z (fans of the American reversioning in particular, but even fans of the Japanese version) but I think fans of early pre-Piccolo Dragon Ball will like it. Also calling it on bringing new fans who have no attachment or interest in the previous four series. Cue irony of "You can skip original Dragon Ball" Z fans being angry at Daima fans for not bothering with Z

4. Crunchyroll will do something for Dragon Ball Z's 35th anniversary. Probably not a big home video release (got to save it for Z's 40th anniversary) but probably a commemorative video on an official social media page.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:49 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 am
Dragon ball master wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:15 pm
it's just a guess. it's been over a year since the first set came out and still no announcement on the second one. Cleary something happened. If whatever happened results in its cancelation remains to be seen.
I wrote in the thread that a youtuber who has contacts said "Toei are dragging their feet". About what, I don't know but it could be many things. There has been in no way anyone saying there are problems. Toei are slow as snails for a lot of things so I am not worried yet.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:19 pm

I say that the dragon ball series will be on Disney plus like I check today on the anime section and they don't have it but they bule dragon. They added blue dragon before dragon ball.

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:47 am

- Daima will be better than GT and Super put together
- Sparking Zero will live up to the hype (but fans will still find something to bitch about it)
- The surprising return of Dragon Ball Kai
- Toei might consider looking into another Live Action Dragon Ball thanks to One Piece's success
- Mr. Satan and Majin Vegeta will be DBFZ DLC, and only them.
- Dragon Ball fans will STILL not learn to read.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:51 am

The Iron Fjord wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:47 am - The surprising return of Dragon Ball Kai
In what form? A Kai for the original series?

My predictions are:
- AB's Dragon Ball Blu-Rays will continue with short notice
- Dragon Ball Daima will stream internationally on Crunchyroll solidifying their growing monopoly on the anime, gaining widespread acclaim
- Daima's success will inspire more fans who were reluctant to check out original Dragon Ball
- Sparking Zero will become the highest grossing Dragon Ball game of all time, also receiving acclaim from fans and critics alike
- FighterZ 2 will be announced
- Crunchyroll won't re-release original Dragon Ball, but they might re-release the Kai season sets, to no one's surprise reusing the Funimation discs and the Kikuchi score, although Yamamoto loyalists will still voice their disappointment
- A new Dragon Ball movie will be announced for release in 2025
- The Super anime won't return as all the focus will be on Daima
- A Netflix live action adaptation of Dragon Ball will be announced following the success of One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho
- A new guidebook will be released in Japan and internationally there will be various 40th anniversary merch
- More of the cast for Ocean Kai will be unofficially revealed
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:31 pm

That was more of a joke prediction.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:09 pm

No Super 2. Daima will instead morph into it sometime at the end of 2025, almost mirroring the GT morph from kid Goku galactic adventure episodes into Baby arc

It's just a feeling I have and I'm just as curious to see if it happens this way OR not and we get the expected traditional Super 2 annnouncement along with a considerable break/pause between it and Daima

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:37 pm

More Xenoverse 2 DLC and will continue until the heat death of the universe.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.