How does Moros absorption work?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

How does Moros absorption work?

Post by TobyS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 am

I keep pondering what would happen to the SDB Heroes cast if they, after the Ozzotto arc, experience the Granolah arc.

Vegeta would still sandbag to learn Moros deal and realise he's worth killing.

He might then kill him in Blue with evil saiyan ki controlled where blue vegeta just battered him about in the manga, and that might be the end of it.

But if Moro absorbs their ki like he did in the canon arc, I'm curious how much this changes things.

Is it like Gero only absorbing the energy Piccolo was using at the time, or would he get their whole resevoir of power?

He wouldn't get UI right? He only got that from Meerus using 7 3's ability and even then only because angels have it inherently right?

I'm curious if things would go better or worse for them overall.

Moro would be stronger and might wipe out the DT before Goku and Meerus arrive. Would Goku even train with Meerus when he already has UI mastered. He didn't get a chance to use it on Namek, so would white haired Goku beat up Moro before the DT needed to take any casualties?

Bonus question how does that effect Granollah?

Does Granolahs lifespan shorten like Gas's as they are stronger than it canon? Can vegeta stack UE with evil saiyan ki? I assume not, and I assume UE is better anyway.

I imagine Gas dies even quicker like he was doing, even though he's more dangerous up until he does.

Black Freeza would be stronger and everything would resume the same as canon right, except Gohans a bit less rusty at all times.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How does Moros absorption work?

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:10 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 am He wouldn't get UI right? He only got that from Meerus using 7 3's ability and even then only because angels have it inherently right?
Well he did absorb 73's copied abilities so going with that logic he should be able to absorb the abilities of whoever else he consumed

I was disappointed that this aspect was just glanced over and not explained at all. It was rather an asspull really. They established well enough Moro's energy absorbtion abilities but then him randomly consuming 73 out of nowhere without prior examples felt very Deus Ex machina and just all too convinient

Hoping they heavily expand/rewrite this section in a potential anime adaptation. It has the potential and 73 was underutilized in the story but it needs to be far better established