The Daizenshuu/Kazenshuu appreciation thread!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

The Daizenshuu/Kazenshuu appreciation thread!

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 am

Hey, ya'll! This should have been posted in the podcast section ideally but since only moderators can post there, I decided to post it here.

I am so incredibly grateful for the podcasts you have put out, even today! To the point that I decided to listen to all again from the start since that make me feel great.

18 years ago, when I was 23 yeares old, in episode 15 of Daizenshuu EX, the question I had was answered in the podcast and Mike even posted pictures on the forum to adress the topic I asked. The podcasts were at that time the thing I looked most towards each sunday. The podcast is still something very important to me. Nowadays I listen to the podcasts when I do house work, go for walks, or just relax before going to bed. They make me feel intruiged, joyful, and sometimes surprised.

It would be so great to have the core trio Mike, Julian and Meri together again on the podcast (if Meri and Mike still are together). But I don't expect it, because I know what adult life can do with your spare time.

With all that, here's hoping to many more years of the website, and podcast! I plan to be here until the end!

Lots of love, gratefulness and appreciation,
-sangofe.
Last edited by sangofe on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The Daizenshuu/Kazenshuu appreciation thread!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:53 pm

I got temp banned for my tenth anniversary posting here so I really appreciate this thread. I wanted to celebrate Kanzenshuu too!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: The Daizenshuu/Kazenshuu appreciation thread!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:21 am

The podcasts are indeed great listens, would be great to hear Mike, Meri and Julian together more often, but I understand that they all have full-time jobs, but everything they do for this site out of pure love and dedication to all things Dragon Ball is truly wonderful.

I am glad that this site exists as there is nowhere else on the internet with the depth of information and intelligent discussion about this franchise, it's nearly been 10 years since I joined, but I still wish I had of done so sooner as I've never been as dedicated to any other online forum, and probably never will be as there's no franchise I love as much as Dragon Ball (Star Wars comes close although I got into it 6 years later).

I'll soon be 25 years a fan of this series, which is over three quarters of my life thus far, and no doubt it and this site as a whole will be a huge part of my life for years to come. I certainly never see that changing.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: