Is a Budokai Reboot possible ?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Is a Budokai Reboot possible ?

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:29 pm

With the Announcement of the Sequel to Tenkaichi 3 coming nearly 15 years after its debut in 2007, Do you guys think it’s possible for the Budokai series to get a reboot?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Is a Budokai Reboot possible ?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm

Maybe, but I don't see one happening anytime soon seeing that we get a new game once every two years now. Many people are still hoping for DBF2 and XV3 to happen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm Maybe, but I don't see one happening anytime soon seeing that we get a new game once every two years now. Many people are still hoping for DBF2 and XV3 to happen.
Well, prior to March 2023 nobody thought a sequel to Tenkaichi 3 was realistic....Sparking Zero honestly means that anything is possible at this point.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:37 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:29 pm With the Announcement of the Sequel to Tenkaichi 3 coming nearly 15 years after its debut in 2007, Do you guys think it’s possible for the Budokai series to get a reboot?
Maybe, but I hope not. I'd rather have something new, or a sequel to FighterZ which in my opinion is a much better fighting game.
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm Maybe, but I don't see one happening anytime soon seeing that we get a new game once every two years now. Many people are still hoping for DBF2 and XV3 to happen.
Well, prior to March 2023 nobody thought a sequel to Tenkaichi 3 was realistic....Sparking Zero honestly means that anything is possible at this point.
Nobody thought that? Honestly, don't say nobody thought that when there clearly were people who thought it was possible. Why would mods or projects like treevax exist if nobody thought it was possible? Not to mention he has had many, many followers.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:46 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:37 am Maybe, but I hope not. I'd rather have something new, or a sequel to FighterZ which in my opinion is a much better fighting game.
I'm hoping for a FighterZ 2 aswell, but I'd be ecstatic if they announced a new Budokai game, and there's no reason we can't get both. If you don't want it fair enough, but many of us have longed for it for years.

FighterZ is better as a serious competitive fighter, but Budokai hits that sweet spot were it appeals to casuals and still has some depth. And Budokai has always been a great single player experience, while FighterZ is actually lacking in that regard.

Sparking Zero is guaranteed to do well, so hopefully a new Budokai could show up further down the line.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:47 am

90sDBZ wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:46 pm
sangofe wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:37 am Maybe, but I hope not. I'd rather have something new, or a sequel to FighterZ which in my opinion is a much better fighting game.
I'm hoping for a FighterZ 2 aswell, but I'd be ecstatic if they announced a new Budokai game, and there's no reason we can't get both. If you don't want it fair enough, but many of us have longed for it for years.

FighterZ is better as a serious competitive fighter, but Budokai hits that sweet spot were it appeals to casuals and still has some depth. And Budokai has always been a great single player experience, while FighterZ is actually lacking in that regard.

Sparking Zero is guaranteed to do well, so hopefully a new Budokai could show up further down the line.
Again, gimme something new. Use your creativity!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 am

If a reboot happens we'll unfortunately miss the soundtrack.

That being said, you'd think they would have an advantage with a lot of models from SDBH that could be used as a base.