DBZ Kai is airing on Adult Swim again

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

DBZ Kai is airing on Adult Swim again

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:03 pm

Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Kai is airing on Adult Swim again

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 am

I wish Toonami could come back to the UK or set up in Canada so Ocean Kai would have a chance of getting on the air.

As great as it is for Dragon Ball to be on TV this is going to be a tough sell when it's on at 2:30am and will almost certainly be the Funimation dub with Kikuchi score.

On a more optimistic note maybe if it helps Toonami's ratings the block will expand to more countries though.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 am I wish Toonami could come back to the UK or set up in Canada so Ocean Kai would have a chance of getting on the air.

As great as it is for Dragon Ball to be on TV this is going to be a tough sell when it's on at 2:30am and will almost certainly be the Funimation dub with Kikuchi score.

On a more optimistic note maybe if it helps Toonami's ratings the block will expand to more countries though.
A win for college students with free cable living in their dorms pulling an all nighter and overcaffeintated middle schoolers living with their grandparents for sure.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:08 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am A win for college students with free cable living in their dorms pulling an all nighter and overcaffeintated middle schoolers living with their grandparents for sure.
Not going to lie, when I was a college student I would have been all over Dragon Ball as a hangover cure. Doubt the people I partied with felt the same though. This was between 2011 and 2016 so it was on Kix at the time but only during the day and early evenings.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:50 pm

Those are useless times.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:12 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 am I wish Toonami could come back to the UK or set up in Canada so Ocean Kai would have a chance of getting on the air.

A win for college students with free cable living in their dorms pulling an all nighter and overcaffeintated middle schoolers living with their grandparents for sure.

And for Toei's NEXT trick, putting DBZ on MeTV's upcoming spinoff channel for animation! It's coming! It's COMING!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: