"Oolong and Pu'er's Masquerade” has actually two versions

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

"Oolong and Pu'er's Masquerade” has actually two versions

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 am

It seems that this unreleased track from Dragon Ball Movie 3 has actually two different versions, the one heard in the video is actually the second version (final part taken from the TV series)
The first one sounds identical to it, but it features a different ending, can be heard in the movie from 25:06 to 25:29 (original Japanese version) when Oolong transforms into a fat Tsuru Sennin
The ending sounds like a completely different composition when compared to the ending of the "longer" version and I'm 100% sure this ending isn't a result of the music editors using the reverb tool to simulate a artificial fade-out for the track, I tried to replicate it myself and it's just not possible, so this has to be a different recording.

Edit: you can hear the shorter version in Z Episode 75, when the Female Frog chases Frog Ginyu.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.