Making a Better Dragon Ball Monopoly

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zephyr
I Live Here

Making a Better Dragon Ball Monopoly

Post by Zephyr » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:59 pm

There are two Dragon Ball versions of Monopoly that I know of, one focusing on the Cell arc, and the other focusing on the Tournament of Power:

An oddity, though, is that in Monopoly you're supposed to be purchasing properties, physical locations. In these DB versions, you're purchasing.....characters? I think that's kinda dumb.

A true Dragon Ball Monopoly would have you purchasing locations. But which locations?

That's what this thread is for: which DB locations would you put on a Monopoly board? Importantly, a Monopoly board has 28 properties to purchase, so at bare minimum, what 28 DB locations would you put on the board?

As an option, if you wanted to get more in depth, on a normal Monopoly board 22 of the purchasable spots are streets (divided into 8 distinct groups). 4 of the purchasable spots are railroads. 2 of the purchasable spots are utilities. Obviously DB isn't big on railroads, but maybe there are 4 locations that are distinctly similar. Get creative!

---

I went for a more simple approach myself:
1. Mt. Paozu
2. Kame House
3. Frypan Mountain
4. Desert
5. Rabbit Village
6. Pilaf Castle
7. Tenkaichi Budokai arena
8. Muscle Tower
9. West City
10. Pirate Cave
11. Penguin Village
12. Karin Holy Land
13. Karin's temple
14. Red Ribbon HQ
15. Uranai Baba's
16. God's temple
17. Enma's Check-in Station
18. Kaio's Planet
19. Piccolo & Gohan's wilderness
20. Planet Namek
21. Dr. Gero's lab
22. Cell Games arena
23. Satan City
24. Boo's house
25. Kaioshin planet
26. Beerus' planet
27. Hakaishin Invitational arena
28. Tournament of Power arena

---

I think it's also a funny coincidence that there are 28 purchasable properties in Monopoly, and in the Tournament of Power arc we learn that Universe 7 only has 28 planets with human/moral life. Could be fun to imagine a DB Monopoly where all the player pieces are different Freeza clan members, and you're landsharking. :lol:

---

Monopoly isn't a video game, but it is a game, so maybe it fits here? This might also work in the Fan Works Section, since it's a "how would you make a thing?" thread, but it's also gaming-related, and that "make a fighting game roster" thread stayed here.