How many posthumous work did Toriyama left behind ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

How many posthumous work did Toriyama left behind ?

Post by Kepiaschkz » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:37 pm

In top of that horrendous news I can't, selfishly, distract myself from lot of questions popping in my head.

I'm trying to convince myself that Toriyama took advantage of theses last years of Dragon Ball half-hiatus (he still worked on films, manga and daima) to leave tracks on personnal notes whatever DB development, lore and mysteries was left to be revealed in case of something was going to happen to him. The fact that he was ill since last year and was undergoing brain surgery (it seems?), which is a rather risky operation could have led him doing so.
That way he could leave this world knowing he wouldn't leave behind unfinished work related to his life accomplishment.

Well, to be honest in such circonstances it would certainly be the last of his concerns, understandably so.

But still, let's speculate how many material did our missed mangaka left behind before passing away.

Did Toriyama leave some notes regarding chapter 103 only or did he fully drafted the whole arc ?

Is there a small chance he wrote the very basic plotline of the next 10 arcs of super ? I remember Uchida saying that Granolah story was chosen among a dozen of others that may be told later. And this during brainstorming sessions with Toyotaro and Toriyama.

Is there a small chance that he left tons of still unused character designs that could be used on future arcs ?

Will Daima be a single arc finished product ? Or was it conceived as a multi-arc series where the first arc will end by a cliffhanger which will never be resolved ?

Did he bring the last DB mysteries (Zamala character, true origins of namekians, ultimate fate of Freezer) whith him in his grave ?

What are your thoughts ?