DRAGON BALL Z in 4K60fps with FRAME INTERPOLATION

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

arumiruchan

DRAGON BALL Z in 4K60fps with FRAME INTERPOLATION

Post by arumiruchan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm

HELLO, DRAGON BALL WARRIORS!

One day I got one of my favorite episodes (DBZ ep. 64) and did a few tests converting to 4K.
On the computer screen it looks really good. But the mind blowing video quality that you will see on a good size 4K TV will leave you speechless. In comparison to the regular 1080p, even when displayed on the 4K TV, the picture quality is far superior. Contrast, definition are so much better that you wouldn't believe, the colors make you feel like you are watching to a real cell animation moving in front of you.

I know it is hard to believe. And impossible to demonstrate in a YouTube video, all videos out there are incapable of showing the real difference and quality that your eye can see live in front of a TV. Not that those videos are not good and fun. If I had to hate something it would be our habit of watching pretty much everything on our phones or computer screens. I know it is convenient and we love it. But again, seeing on TV is incomparable.

Either way, when I saw that I started thinking how good would be if I could have the
whole series in 4K. So I have decided to do it. First: Dragon Ball Z eps. 1-291 (audios tentative: Japanese, English, Portuguese, Spanish). So, if you like the idea and want to support me, send an email to dragonballperfection@gmail.com.

Thank you very much!
Tchau Tchau!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DRAGON BALL Z in 4K60fps with FRAME INTERPOLATION

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm

arumiruchan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm HELLO, DRAGON BALL WARRIORS!

One day I got one of my favorite episodes (DBZ ep. 64) and did a few tests converting to 4K.
On the computer screen it looks really good. But the mind blowing video quality that you will see on a good size 4K TV will leave you speechless. In comparison to the regular 1080p, even when displayed on the 4K TV, the picture quality is far superior. Contrast, definition are so much better that you wouldn't believe, the colors make you feel like you are watching to a real cell animation moving in front of you.

I know it is hard to believe. And impossible to demonstrate in a YouTube video, all videos out there are incapable of showing the real difference and quality that your eye can see live in front of a TV. Not that those videos are not good and fun. If I had to hate something it would be our habit of watching pretty much everything on our phones or computer screens. I know it is convenient and we love it. But again, seeing on TV is incomparable.

Either way, when I saw that I started thinking how good would be if I could have the
whole series in 4K. So I have decided to do it. First: Dragon Ball Z eps. 1-291 (audios tentative: Japanese, English, Portuguese, Spanish). So, if you like the idea and want to support me, send an email to dragonballperfection@gmail.com.

Thank you very much!
Tchau Tchau!
What's your video source for this?

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm

I'll be honest, I really, highly doubt your upscale looks any good at all, especially with interpolation, and I imagine a lot of the members of this forum feel the same way. Though, that's not to say you can't upscale the series for your own viewing pleasure, just that there's almost certainly going to be noticeable flaws that come with upscaling and frame interpolation, like smearing and ringing, that'll turn most away. But if you really think it looks good, then good luck with your project, I suppose.
Go over time and space...

arumiruchan

Post by arumiruchan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

The video source would be Selecta Vision’s Blu-ray.
Check it out https://mega.nz/file/520yyYga#S4eOU_AwZ ... v9-79Mkz4w
Audio source is Portuguese(Brasil) but you can have an idea.
If you pause it and go frame by frame you can see flaws, but animation in general will have flaws. Example: one frame shows the character in a certain position, the next frame a complete different position is shown. When you’re watching you wouldn’t notice.

It would be great to have help. It might take longer but I’ll do it.

Thank you :-)

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:22 am

It'd probably be best to just post a one minute clip or something, since posting a full episode does count as piracy. Also I don't think most people are willing to download a 17gb file without knowing how good it looks first.
Go over time and space...

arumiruchan

Post by arumiruchan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:42 am

Thanks for the tip. 👍🏻

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:12 am

arumiruchan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm The video source would be Selecta Vision’s Blu-ray.
Check it out https://mega.nz/file/520yyYga#S4eOU_AwZ ... v9-79Mkz4w
Audio source is Portuguese(Brasil) but you can have an idea.
If you pause it and go frame by frame you can see flaws, but animation in general will have flaws. Example: one frame shows the character in a certain position, the next frame a complete different position is shown. When you’re watching you wouldn’t notice.

It would be great to have help. It might take longer but I’ll do it.

Thank you :-)
If it's Selecta Vision's upsale, that is a poor upscale to begin with, then I would say you are wasting your time with this.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:40 am

Please don't interpolate animation. It looks terrible and obliterates the animators' careful timing.

https://youtu.be/_KRb_qV9P4g
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am

I recommend for the syain saga do the level sets And for the rest of the show use a upscale dragon box.

arumiruchan

Post by arumiruchan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:34 pm

Ajay wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:40 am Please don't interpolate animation. It looks terrible and obliterates the animators' careful timing.

https://youtu.be/_KRb_qV9P4g
Thanks for your sharing, Ajay.

arumiruchan

Post by arumiruchan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:40 pm

Dragon ball master wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am I recommend for the syain saga do the level sets And for the rest of the show use a upscale dragon box.
Thanks for you suggestion Dragon Ball Master.