Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great birtday party in afterlife, Akira Toriyama-sensei!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great birtday party in afterlife, Akira Toriyama-sensei!

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:20 am

Today would have been the birthday of the Great Akira Toriyama. It's a day I will remember every year I live. I hope you’re having a great time in afterlife celebrating it exactly like you would have liked to, sensei!
Last edited by sangofe on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Hope you're having a great birtday party in afterlife, Akira Toriyama-sensei!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:18 am

Hopefully wherever you are you are being celebrated - Akira Toriyama. The afterlife shall remain the greatest mystery for most of us (especially on the fence agnostics like me) all until our time comes but I'd love to think if there is one Toriyama is being treated well there and is reunited with any family and friends he lost in life. I'm sure he had many in his 68 years.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great birtday party in afterlife, Akira Toriyama-sensei!

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:18 pm

Happy Birthday ^^! Hope Kaio-sama made a awesome cake for you!
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great birtday party in afterlife, Akira Toriyama-sensei!

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am

Toriyama-sensei cannot be bored in heaven watching over us, seeing us discuss Super untill eternity. :D