The "Lost Remaster" of Blue Water Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

The "Lost Remaster" of Blue Water Dragon Ball

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:21 am

For obvious reasons I won't link it here, although if anyone is interested I can point you in the right direction by DMs. Basically on a certain site many people here are no doubt familiar with I found a rather nice sync of the first 13 episodes of the Canadian dub of Dragon Ball by Blue Water Studios.

The description is as follows with important parts highlighted:
A part of the lost remaster of the Blue Water Dub of Dragon Ball.

You can tell it was remastered using dragon ball unedited vhs or dvd encodes based on the nudity present but still ahs the correct cuts used on Toonami in the anime. There are a handful of seconds here and there in only a few episodes along the series where Funimation audio was used cause the bw audio present was truly garbage.

This was from my old hard drive. I downloaded these years and years ago from a torrent thats not even on the internet anymore as far as i can tell. There was the entire series minus episode 71 and a few others were remastered and available. I had all of them on my hdd but it became corrupt and this is all i have left. There exists right now 1 torrent where the remastered episodes 1-128 are on it but that torrent is dead. ( I have been trying to download from it for months. Hopefulyl by uploading this I can encourage some other fans or collectors to upload the rest of these again for all to view!

ALSO! Please help us find episode 71 of blue water! A youtuber or two have it right now but have not made an effort to upload it as of yet.
While it's truly a shame whoever did this sync went the route of replacing some subpar recordings of Blue Water lines with Funimation lines it's also sad a remaster of this dub using Funimation's DVDs has been lost. I'd be interested in fixing it by reinstating removed Blue Water lines and giving fans a better way of watching this underappreciated dub.

So my question is did anyone manage to save this remaster or is most of it gone forever?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Re: The "Lost Remaster" of Blue Water Dragon Ball

Post by Dragon ball master » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 pm

An internet Archive user ryandrew2005 posted the full 3 episode on thier he downloaded it on a hard drive befor it got deleted. So go on internet archive and search Dragon Ball Lost Remaster.

Also about episode 71 I decided to sync dbox Footage with the parts that we had so far And I and for the parts that we don't have I just used funimation dub