Favorite stage music

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Favorite stage music

Post by Super Sonic » Mon May 24, 2004 10:17 pm

Just thought I'd ask does anyone here have a favorite bgm from any stages from the Budokai games? My personal favorite is the Namek stage music in Budokai 1 which is the same for a snow stage in Budokai 2.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 24, 2004 10:35 pm

Punctuation is your friend. Don't be hating on it!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Tue May 25, 2004 2:32 pm

Yeah I would say the Namek one is my favourite as well. I also quite like the capsule corp background music for B2.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 25, 2004 2:45 pm

Sadly, I found all of the BGM in the Budokai games extremely forgettable, and I don't think I could name a single one if I had to.

It's all about the Super Butoden series music :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 30, 2004 7:12 pm

Music in both of the Budokais seemed very repetative. Whats even more scary is that it seemed like they were using Faulconer's stuff as source material. Repetative guitar riffs in a DBZ game, coincidence? I think not!

Budokai 2's OP was really good however. Yeah, and Future Trunks' Butoden theme was definately the best. If I'm not mistaken, wasnt it bascally the 2nd TV special's theme remixed?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun May 30, 2004 8:47 pm

I thought that the music in the Budokai games was based off of the Japanese score. The menu music from the first game has "Cha la variation" written all over it.

The actual fight music itself though is a bit repetitive. But it was done by a Japanese team, wasn't it?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun May 30, 2004 9:28 pm

I can't really remember a single track that stands out from either Budokai game. They were just really repetitive, and forgettable.

But I'll agree that the music from the last two Freeza fights were good.

Post by 707 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:15 pm

Budokai 1 had some pretty forgetable music. 2, however, has some great themes. The music at Muscle Tower and in front of Capsule Corp. is great.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:23 pm

I dunno I kinda liked some of those cutscene songs, sorta had a Japanese score feel to them.

But yeah on the whole the fighting music isn't that cool...

But if anyone could get a nice clean rip of the song that plays when Gohan goes SSJ2 against Cell in the cutscene, or basically what I call the "triumphant" music, it'd be appreciated.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm just stating that it sounded similar to Faulconer's style of music, that is all.

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:20 am

Mugenmidget wrote:I dunno I kinda liked some of those cutscene songs, sorta had a Japanese score feel to them.

But yeah on the whole the fighting music isn't that cool...

But if anyone could get a nice clean rip of the song that plays when Gohan goes SSJ2 against Cell in the cutscene, or basically what I call the "triumphant" music, it'd be appreciated.
If you mean the song that's played at the "battle" screen with Gohan's head in half(you know what I mean), then I can help you. I've ripped the song a long time ago, from the Gamecube version. Problem is, I don't have any webspace to put it on. Does anyone know a good (free) place to build a website so I could store it on?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:Sadly, I found all of the BGM in the Budokai games extremely forgettable, and I don't think I could name a single one if I had to.
Same here. The only DBZB music I can actually remember is the intro for DBZB2 (I'm not sure, but I think the European version of the intro music is different from the American version).

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:55 pm

You can download both the US and Japanese intro music for Budokai 2 on DaizenshuuEX, so you could check. The US version is basically an instrumental version of the Japanese theme.

I do know that the US and European versions of Budokai 1 are different, with the US showing the Cha La footage to some random tune, while the European version has various shots of the characters and clips from the cutscenes to random music.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Jordy wrote:If you mean the song that's played at the "battle" screen with Gohan's head in half(you know what I mean), then I can help you. I've ripped the song a long time ago, from the Gamecube version. Problem is, I don't have any webspace to put it on. Does anyone know a good (free) place to build a website so I could store it on?
How big of a file is it? I don't know of any free hosts out there would allow for storage of music files. A lot of them have file limits of 1 MB. But if you really wanted, you could send it to me, and I could throw it on my server.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:07 pm

PsyLiam wrote:You can download both the US and Japanese intro music for Budokai 2 on DaizenshuuEX, so you could check. The US version is basically an instrumental version of the Japanese theme.
Ok. I thought it was the case, as I downloaded both of them a while ago from another site.

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:57 pm

Hmm.... the file is a rough 4 MB's. Any suggestions?

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:30 pm

I'm trying to rip one BGM theme from the first Budokai, it reminds me of something from Shinobi on PS2

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:21 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's all about the Super Butoden series music :P.
Agreed. I remember every song...

Hey, didn't you used to have those on the site? Or do you still have them?

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:08 pm

Namek in Legacy Of Goku. It made me kind of sad,first time I actually thought of the Namekian's feelings when it all went down. Well, I blame the fact that when I was young late at night and I was flicking the channel.

"Hehe! That guys hair is FUNNY! Planet go BOOM!"
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:22 am

My favorite will always be Son Gohan's theme from Super Butoden 2. I think it's Gohan's. Whatever the default music in 2 player was.