Favorite stage music

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mugenmidget
Regular

Well...

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:42 am

Jordy wrote:Hmm.... the file is a rough 4 MB's. Any suggestions?
Send me the file over AIM (Mugenmidget)

Send me the file over MSN (dinkos1@attbi.com)

Send me the file over E-Mail (dinkos1@comcast.net)

And also make sure to PM me if you choose the MSN route cause I'm hardly on there.

Now as for AIM, you can catch me like all the time.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:02 am

First of all, I almost never remember Video Game Music. I never really listen to it cause I really don't care all that much. I've never heard any VGM that I thought was "amazing" or any that I couldn't stand either. It all just blends together for me.
PsyLiam wrote:I do know that the US and European versions of Budokai 1 are different, with the US showing the Cha La footage to some random tune, while the European version has various shots of the characters and clips from the cutscenes to random music.
Secondly, the US music in B1 is an extended version of 'Rock the Dragon' for some stupid reason. Why they re-created a slowed down version of the Cha-la intro and put it to 'Rock the Dragon' is beyond me.

Thirdly, as for the intro, the Eupropean intro is on the American disk as well I believe. If you go to the NEW GAME / LOAD menu and let it sit you'll first get a demo. Cancel that and let it sit again and you'll get exactly what you described as the European intro. 8)
This is what you want. You'll get 30MB of storage, however, you are limited to only 5MB of bandwidth per day. Quite restrictive for a 4MB song, but at least one person could get it each day.

Other than that your best bet would probably be to send it over Rach, or maybe Random could put it on her thing... The best way to ask her about that would be to go here and ask. Ignore the seemingly unrelated disscusion as that tends to happen rather often on the Random boards. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:50 am

I want to know what version of Cha La plays during the Japanese intro. Is it the original version from the TV show, a new one with vocals, or is it insturmental like the end theme that all regions got?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:17 am

You dont like video game music,Xyex? They're always the songs stuck in my head,but I dont complain. The most beautiful music I hear are from Anime and video games.
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:01 pm

Is there anyway I can persuade someone with a PS2 copy of Budokai to rip all the music, RAR them up, and let me host them?

Then again it IS a greatest hit so buying it without getting a PS2 would just be like uh, buying the soundtrack.

Jordy

Re: Well...

Post by Jordy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:49 pm

Mugenmidget wrote:
Send me the file over AIM (Mugenmidget)

Send me the file over MSN (dinkos1@attbi.com)

Send me the file over E-Mail (dinkos1@comcast.net)

And also make sure to PM me if you choose the MSN route cause I'm hardly on there.

Now as for AIM, you can catch me like all the time.
I've mailed the song to you, so let me know if you got it. This rip was made a long time ago, when Budokai (GameCube) was just released in Europe. I can probably get a better quality version now, but I'm kinda busy so don't expect it 'til end of this week.
But damn...what a great song:D

EDIT:Well, the mails keep coming back to me, so I'll put it online somewheere and give you the adress so you can download it and host it yourself.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:58 am

Everyone bow down to Jordy, for this rip is hot hot hot (can you feel it?)

http://mugenmidget.home.comcast.net/Saviour.mp3

I can't wait to hear other rips or a better one of this!

(Anyone who wants to upshow him please feel free to try.)
Last edited by Mugenmidget on Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:09 am

Budokai music isn't that great, and none of the songs really stayed in my head. Butoden music, now that's different matter... Trunks' and Vegeta's Theme's from SB2 were creme de la creme, especially the arranged versions. The Final Bout Majin music was nice too.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

wolfkid

Post by wolfkid » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:49 pm

City streets(?) was good, as so for that Namek song in B1.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:58 pm

I have listened to a couple of Budokai tracks that have been shared on vgmp3.com for a sort while back, though I didn't enjoy them that much. Unfortunately I don't have a PS2 nor a GameCube so I haven't played any of the games.

As for stage music from another game, I do enjoy SS4 Goku's, Trunks', and Vegetto's theme from Final Bout.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:37 am

SSJ4 Goku's theme from Final Bout kicks major ass! It's one of my favourite DB related themes ever. Mirai Trunks' theme is awesome too (although it sounds better in Ultimate Battle 22).

As for music from the Budokai series, most of it isn't anything special, although there are a few themes I like. They include what someone rather appropriately named the "triumphant" theme from Budokaii 1 and the music used in the snow and ROSAT stages in Duel, Practice etc. in Budakai 2 (also used in Budokai 1).

If there was one overall game I'd say that was best for music, it's Ultimate Battle 22 (where essentially most of the music came from the Super Butoden series.) Legends had few catchy tunes as well.

And one more piece of music from a DBZ game I can't fail to mention, the music used at the end in LOG1, that tune kicked almost as much ass as SSJ4 Goku's in Final Bout!

Honestly, as sucky as LOG1 and Final Bout were as games, the money I paid for them were worth it for those two tracks alone.

wolfkid

Post by wolfkid » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:38 pm

In Budokai1 there's a good song at Valley Plains. Every time it gives me spirit :shock: 8)

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:28 pm

j