Tanooki's DBZ: Season 2 Box Set Dissection

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri May 11, 2007 7:07 pm

Wait. Wasn't there an UUE dub of these episodes that re-dubbed everyone
Yea its really a confusing situation... You know that first episode in the Ginyu saga wich was half one episode and half another episode (Episode 54). That one episode is the only one that is totally new... well... just as it was in the UUC version.

And to answer any ones questions about how the Hell did you see an UUC episode of Ginyu Assult when they stoped releasing the DVD's mid Namek saga... Two summers ago Cartoon Network aired all the UUC episodes uncut.
Are they? I was under the impression the redubbing only applied to the Japanese BGM track. Tanooki, shed some light on this?
The re-dubbing is on both English tracks. :(

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri May 11, 2007 7:13 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:What I'm a littleirked about is...on the Dub Music Track, it appears they put in the Re-Dubbed Vegeta, Krillin, and Ginyu. Rather then the Dub of them from back in 1999...I mean I do have the Ginyu Saga DVD's, but still.
Are they? I was under the impression the redubbing only applied to the Japanese BGM track. Tanooki, shed some light on this?
Seconded. I wanted to know that as well.

It's awkward hearing 1999 Goku with 2007 Vegeta and Krillin. Seriously... But oh well, you gotta take care of the really bad stuff first.

Thanks as always! *bows*

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri May 11, 2007 7:31 pm

Maybe this will help with whos voicing who...

No idea who some of these people are. Also, I know some are listed more then once. :oops:
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Fri May 11, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri May 11, 2007 7:37 pm

Ah yes, the good old DragonBall Z days when Chris Sabat was half the male cast. Rock on FUNimation, rock on.

-Corey

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri May 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Haha, what would the dub be like if Sabat just went and left? Would there still be a dub?
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri May 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Sorry to just ask questions, but I don't have the set yet, and I'm curious:

Since the set covers the Namek and Ginyu Sagas, does that mean that Goku's dub voice changes from the new UUE one to the older one? Also, the price for this set is around $7 more than the first set (at least when referrinf to Amazon.com's cut price). Do you think that will be the best price the set will be at (without waiting a couple months for the price to go down)?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri May 11, 2007 8:59 pm

does that mean that Goku's dub voice changes from the new UUE one to the older one
Well... yea pretty much. :?
Well, I'd rather see caps of how individual scenes are handled than completely uninteresting menu screens, no offense.
Fine... but one of the pictures have to be a half naked Bulma... :lol:

Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Fri May 11, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 11, 2007 9:17 pm

Looking at that Voice Cast raises a question for me. Has anyone else noticed how FUNi switches off with Dr. Briefs name? Sometimes it's "Brief" and others it's "Briefs". Which is correct anyway?
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Looking at that Voice Cast raises a question for me. Has anyone else noticed how FUNi switches off with Dr. Briefs name? Sometimes it's "Brief" and others it's "Briefs". Which is correct anyway?
Briefs, as in the type of underwear.

-Corey

Edit: HOT DAMN! 3 Cui's, eh? They must have been playing Sparking Neo ;p

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 11, 2007 9:45 pm

*Hits head on desk* Of course, I should have remmebered the Pun to begin with. Thanks man.

Tanooki- I've watched through the first 2 discs thus far and looking at the sceencaps you supplied only furthers what I think. a lot of times, Vegeta's skin looks too white. Aswell as Gohan's. But everything else actually looks pretty nice in my opinion. That scene of Vegeta hitting Recoome, is his skin supposed to be extra white? Because that looks more white than even the episodes I've watched of these Season sets have had.
*Dodges rocks*

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:a lot of times, Vegeta's skin looks too white. Aswell as Gohan's. But everything else actually looks pretty nice in my opinion.
Seriously, it's a good thing not many of the characters have ski--shit.

...Wait, I got it.

It's a good thing not many of the characters are whit--GODDAMMIT!
That scene of Vegeta hitting Recoome, is his skin supposed to be extra white? Because that looks more white than even the episodes I've watched of these Season sets have had.
When Vejita powers up, his aura tends to make his skin lighter. That's the effect you're seeing, amplified many-fold by the contrast increases FUNimation applied. Better wear shades :P

And no worries on the pun.

-Corey

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri May 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Half naked Bulma ftw! Whee!

Tanooki, did this set ship early to those who pre-ordered it only, or has it been distributed in stores already?

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri May 11, 2007 11:48 pm

Who the hell is Dr. Rooster? :shock:

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri May 11, 2007 11:51 pm

I lol'd at the three Cui listings. :lol:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri May 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Tanooki, did this set ship early to those who pre-ordered it only, or has it been distributed in stores already?
I got it from the Z-store. This is probley the second time I bought anything from them. I only pre-orderd this from them cause I knew it would come early.
I've watched through the first 2 discs thus far and looking at the sceencaps you supplied only furthers what I think. a lot of times, Vegeta's skin looks too white. Aswell as Gohan's.
They really turned up the brightness on these sets, Its really bad in most areas.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2007 12:36 am

Well the Vegeta/Aura thing makes sense. This set runs so hot and cold. Sometimes it looks beautiful and others not.
*Dodges rocks*

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Sat May 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Yet another trash set from FUCKimation!

The voices from season 3 are still there. Gohan and Goku are still using their voices from 1999 while only Krillin, Vegeta & Captian Ginyu has changed.

Widescreen is still crap and this whole set is good enough to take a leak on.

STILL NO SALE FROM ME FUNI!

EricM
Beyond Newbie

Post by EricM » Sat May 12, 2007 6:47 pm

I like how the episode count goes down every season, yet the MSRP stays the same...

Let's see... I got the first season for $30 shipped from Amazon, so that's 77 cents an episode. At this quality I'd say 50 cents an ep is fair, so I'll get this set if I can find it for $17.50 shipped

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat May 12, 2007 8:06 pm

Goes down every season? Does Season 3 have less episodes?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2007 9:12 pm

Season 3 will have 33.
*Dodges rocks*