Budokai 2+japanese gameshow

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jordy

Budokai 2+japanese gameshow

Post by Jordy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:45 am

Check this out: it's some sort of japanese gameshow devoted to Budokai 2 this time. They give various info on the game and even hold a Budokai with some local gamers.

http://bb.i-seven.ne.jp/bbs/ch/bbfactor ... /ban01.asx

(claps)

Some cool commercials:

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/mo ... ah_hen.asx
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/mo ... ku_hen.asx
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/mo ... tu_hen.asx

(from the official site)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:38 am

I watched a bit of it, and got bored. Looked pretty cool. Cute ladiez.

I'm really not used to hearing it pronounced "Dragonball Zed"... Always "Zee".

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:00 pm

It was...interesting, to say the least. Those girls were pretty ditzy though. :lol:

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:41 am

I watched the whole show and the commercials. That game look SO SHINY!! I must have it! The whole competition deal was nice as well, all around the game looks like it will be something everyone will pick up. I mean like being able to counter energy attacks and stuff and the storymode stuffs look cool.

Stupid Question: The game I just watched isn't out in the states yet, right? Cuz if it is....why am I sitting here?

Can I have cute Japanese girls clap and wave their hands when I kick ass on some video game, too? Every guy needs them :)
"It's all fun and games til someone spills the mayonnaise." -Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:14 pm

TGDweezl wrote:I watched the whole show and the commercials. That game look SO SHINY!! I must have it! The whole competition deal was nice as well, all around the game looks like it will be something everyone will pick up. I mean like being able to counter energy attacks and stuff and the storymode stuffs look cool.

Stupid Question: The game I just watched isn't out in the states yet, right? Cuz if it is....why am I sitting here?

Can I have cute Japanese girls clap and wave their hands when I kick ass on some video game, too? Every guy needs them :)
Budokai 2 has been out for a while but I guess this game has small additions?

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 pm

I thought that may have been the case but I wasn't sure...it looks so shiny that I was almost certain it wasn't out yet. Those kinds of things I saw are in Budokai 2 except the original voices? *checks his budget* Nuts, it's gonna have to wait. :x
"It's all fun and games til someone spills the mayonnaise." -Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:13 am

And Budokai 2 Jap has Kuriza, lyrics in both the ending and opening, and a final level based upon Neko Majin Z.

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:29 am

Really?! Damn, too bad you can't acquire a copy from Japan....or can you? *runs to eBay*

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:13 pm

You could always import a cipy, but it's probably a bit more expensive than buying the regular version. Good online importers are www.lik-sang.com and www.play-asia.com

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:53 pm

And you'll need to get around Sony's (apparently quite strict) region protection that's on the PS2 itself.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:20 pm

Gah, ah well. If that's the case then I guess it'd be futile to try and get it. Just wish they'd stop watering down games from Japan just to keep the American fans from getting confused or whatever.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:16 pm

Oh, ferpete'ssake...they didn't water it down for the US release; they added stuff for the Japanese release. Difference!
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:26 pm

I think for a real fan it's more like "watered down" than different. Sure, most DBZ fans wouldn't grab the Nek Majin deal and Kuriza but they should make it just as nice for us American fans as they do with thier original fans.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:33 pm

The difference in scale cannot be compared. Something like 25% of Japanese buyers will probably know who Kuriza (at an extremely rough guess). Something like 0.0000001% of US buyers will know who he is.

Did the game come out first in the US, or Japan?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:40 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Did the game come out first in the US, or Japan?
The second game came out in the US/Europe loooong before it came out in Japan. That's why they got some extra stuff (outfits, 10th Dragon World Stage, Kuriza). It's the typical US/Japan video game trade-off... ealier dates vs extra stuff.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:21 pm

That's what I thought. It wasn't "we're going to deprive the West of certain features BECAUSE WE HATE THEM!". It was "hey, why don't we throw a couple of extra features into the Japanese version to make up for them having to wait, and also to discourage importing?"

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:01 pm

I find it hard to believe that anyone would think it's a thing of "We're going to deprive the West of certain features BECAUSE WE HATE THEM!". (Which, by the way, is a fun way of wording it, PsyLiam)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:49 pm

You don't go to Gamefaqs to often, do you Zacko?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:59 pm

After becoming a Veteran and gaining access to Life, the Universe, and Everything, I stopped going to the boards as often.

That would explain where you found such idiots, though.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:26 pm

Eh, there are some people on those boards you can have a coherent and interesting conversation with. It's the people that go "Furiza killed all the Saiya-jins cause he ph33r them!" and when you use Saiyan or F r i e z a they call you dubbie and say "It's spelt FREEZA and SAIYA-JIN idiot!"

Course, there was one guy that insisted on using Sayia-jin, Namek-jin, and Bejiita, so I asked why, if he used those, he also used Kuririn, Trunks, and Vegetto? Shouldn't it be Kuririn (or however the hell that's spelled, I looked it up then but I'm to lazy now), Torunksu (again, looked it up then), and Bejiitto?

What was his answer? "Where the F*** did you get Kuririn, Torunksu, and Bejiitto? Those F***ing stupid! N00b! "

:roll: :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.