Bringing Back of the Trivia Nights

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Bringing Back of the Trivia Nights

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:42 pm

OK, so the chat's dead. I guess that's partially my fault, because I hardly ever plug it on the site, anymore...

One thing I'd like to do is bring back the trivia sessions. It always brought in tons of people, and then they tended to stick around in the chat, anyway, which was nice.

I'm currently going through my trivia file, editing some questions, adding in some more... I'll probably spend the week with my notebook on hand to write down any potential questions I think of (came up with another 30 or so last night)...

But I'd like to know when's best for everyone. It would have to be evening/night, but what days / times are good? I'm not saying I'm going to necessarily force myself to fit into others' schedules, but I'm at least interested ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:51 pm

I could send you the 100 questions that everybody used to love from Kamehouse (I think it was Kamehouse). It's not stealing since all they did was translate the quiz found in the French daizenshuu (and I have that same daizenshuu). It has 50 questions on the manga, 30 on the anime, and 20 on the video games and Toriyama himself. I'd be happy to translate the questions (just give me TIME to do it). Just note that I'd be using the 50 manga questions on my site as well as some (or all) Toriyama questions.

Concerning when: all times bad for me. Don't like mIRC. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:55 pm

Dayspring wrote:I could send you the 100 questions that everybody used to love from Kamehouse (I think it was Kamehouse). It's not stealing since all they did was translate the quiz found in the French daizenshuu (and I have that same daizenshuu). It has 50 questions on the manga, 30 on the anime, and 20 on the video games and Toriyama himself. I'd be happy to translate the questions (just give me TIME to do it). Just note that I'd be using the 50 manga questions on my site as well as some (or all) Toriyama questions.
Sure, I'll take it. I'm sure I'll adapt some questions out of it. E-mail it on over~
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:19 pm

I always sucked at those, but it would be great to have em again.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:14 pm

I don't think I'd play as much this year, but weekend evenings seemed to work well for most people.
Dayspring wrote:Concerning when: all times bad for me. Don't like mIRC. :P
Use another IRC client. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:46 pm

whatever. Just not a fan of IRC in general.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:56 am

Dayspring I'm starting to wonder if you have a "chat phobia". :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:57 am

I still haven't gotten that list of trivia questions yet, by the way... *whistles*

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:01 am

VegettoEX wrote:I still haven't gotten that list of trivia questions yet, by the way... *whistles*
Oy! Still working on mini-manga here! (Scanning w/1 hand + typing with other. I be like gid, yo! 8) )

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dragonpearls » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:02 pm

What about the prizes?
I don't remeber what you guys gave out before.
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:21 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Dayspring I'm starting to wonder if you have a "chat phobia".
I suppose if EX were to get a java outlet I could be swayed into joining the chat from time to time. Hint hint wink wink. :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:30 pm

Dayspring wrote:I suppose if EX were to get a java outlet I could be swayed into joining the chat from time to time. Hint hint wink wink. :P
Noooooo way. I've seen what Java Applets do to chats... namely, they ruin them. Anyone who can click a mouse button can join a Java IRC chat, whereas they need a slightly more advanced WORKING brain in order to download an extra program to chat.

I only want people who are willing to spend those extra two minutes ^^. Call me elitist, but man... years of experience teaches you a few things...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Anyone who can click a mouse button can join a Java IRC chat, whereas they need a slightly more advanced WORKING brain in order to download an extra program to chat.
Since I know Jersey's going to jump on that, I'll say it now that the only reason I'm not downloading it is because I'm having problems with my memory (computer's! :evil: ). Once I fix that problem I'll dl IRC, BitTorrent and Kazaa and tell everybody off.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Just use IRC within telnet, then >.> It's ugly, but it works!

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 pm

Wasn't the original times for the trivias on Fridays at 5 Pacific? I didn't find anything wrong with going with that time again.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:44 pm

So are we gonna start em up again?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:12 pm

I'm still just testing the waters and seeing if there's interest. Next time I update, I'll point to this thread and ask for some more feedback on days/times, as well.

Also, I'm trying to think of more questions >.> I've only got 700, total. SOMEONE was supposed to send me SOME FILE with questions... !!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:09 pm

Just to waste your time and restate what I had said on the chat itself, I'd like to see it again.

But, has anyone even said it was a bad idea?

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm interested. I dunno if there's really gonna be anyone who's adamant about NOT doing it.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:14 am

I'm mainly looking for suggested days and times. I'm leaning towards Saturday nights.