Dragonball Memorabilia

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son ChiChi

Dragonball Memorabilia

Post by Son ChiChi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:24 pm

If there was one thing you could take from the Dragonball series, what would it be? I would like having the capsules. I can carry my luggage, a house, a private plane and car in my purse or pocket.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:14 pm

Hmm... I dunno... err... maybe... THE DRAGON BALLS, THEMSELVES?!? XD

*wishes for more wishes*
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:37 pm

Shenron would probably eat you for doing that to him, EX. :P

So to avoid this: wish for the Namek DBs. Nameks are peaceful so Porunga can't kill you! THEN wish for infinite wishes! BUWAHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:44 pm

I'd wish for a dinosaur sized cow. Oh my God that'd be heaven.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:50 pm

Really? I'd wish for a cow sized dinosaur... :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Son ChiChi

Post by Son ChiChi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:14 pm

Yeah, the Dragonballs would be a good thing to have to make a wish from. I could've used Shenron to tell me the winning lottery numbers to last week's 290 million dollar jackpot. :D But I still like the capsules. I wouldn't have to wait another year to use them.

Muten Turtel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muten Turtel » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:27 pm

Why didn't anyone in DB think of wishing for more wishes? It would have saved a lot of people.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:37 pm

Maybe more wishes wasn't in Shenlong's power. I mean, he had to be "upgraded" to get to 2 with Dende, then 3 sometime between the Cell and Boo sagas.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:49 pm

Shenron: "I can not bring Goku back to life. He has already died once before."
Krillin: "Damn. I'm gonna miss him. I really wish you could."
Shenron: "Done. Next wish?"
Krillin: "SCORE!"

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:56 am

Ben Plante wrote:Maybe more wishes wasn't in Shenlong's power. I mean, he had to be "upgraded" to get to 2 with Dende, then 3 sometime between the Cell and Boo sagas.
Since when did Shenlong have the power to grant 3 wishes? In the end of Z, all he had was 2 in him. Or did GT mess something again?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:55 am

No Super Sonic, believe it or not, Boo saga Shenlong can infact grant 3 wishes now instead of 2. This is said only in the japanese anime, for some reason the dub completly left it out. How they got around More Wishes Vs. Less power is still a mystery though.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:09 am

a chance to say thanks to Goku

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:47 am

I would want the power pole! That thing rules, but where did it go!? WAAAH!!

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Hmm... I dunno... err... maybe... THE DRAGON BALLS, THEMSELVES?!? XD

*wishes for more wishes*
Dear, if you DID try that, you would get accosted by a giant blue genie who sounds like Robin Williams. Dont say i didnt warn you

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:19 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:No Super Sonic, believe it or not, Boo saga Shenlong can infact grant 3 wishes now instead of 2. This is said only in the japanese anime, for some reason the dub completly left it out. How they got around More Wishes Vs. Less power is still a mystery though.
Then what were the three wishes made? The only ones I know of were to resurrect everyone killed that day except Babidi's guys and to erase the memories of Buu.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:23 pm

They didn't make three wishes, they only made the two that you already listed. (To wish back all the people killed since the morning of the tournament, and to erase the Earthlings memories of Majin Boo)

Chibi Woosh

Post by Chibi Woosh » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:02 pm

Son ChiChi wrote:Yeah, the Dragonballs would be a good thing to have to make a wish from. I could've used Shenron to tell me the winning lottery numbers to last week's 290 million dollar jackpot. :D But I still like the capsules. I wouldn't have to wait another year to use them.
Uh, why wouldn't you just wish for $290million? Wouldn't that be easier? (It would save you $2 cause you wouldn't have to buy the lottery tickets. :P)
Blurgafrickle!

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:11 pm

To be able to fly.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:17 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:They didn't make three wishes, they only made the two that you already listed. (To wish back all the people killed since the morning of the tournament, and to erase the Earthlings memories of Majin Boo)
Actually those were from seperate DBs. Wish back everybody Vegeta killed equals the first of the 3 Earth DB wishes. Goku tells them to stop wishing since they'll probably need the wishes later. Dende replies that since the other 2 weren't used, it would take only 4 months instead of all 12 before being able to reuse the DBs.

Wish back the blown up Earth was Namek DBs. So was wish back everybody that was killed (except for evil ppl). 3rd Namek wish was give Goku his strength back.

6 months later (instead of 4->possibly a Toriyama mistake) they used the Earth DBs to erase everybody's memories of Boo).

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:03 pm

I would just wish to be a Saiyajin. Flight and ki control = the uber. Plus you get the stylish tail.