Piccolo Daimao... Lime Soda? Gourmet meal?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Piccolo Daimao... Lime Soda? Gourmet meal?

Post by Ben Plante » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 pm

In the Daimao saga, in the anime at least... Daimao ordered Pilaf to bring him a big-ass lime soda. Then, when he took the King's position, he had Piano order all kinds of gourmet food and stuff.

BUT NAMEKIANS DON'T EAT! THEY ONLY DRINK WATER!
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:20 am

Well... back then, there were no Namekians. I doubt Toriyama thought that far ahead.

Anyway, maybe Piccolo just wanted to look at it all. Or maybe he thought he was better than humans, so he should be able to eat like them. This likely f***ed-up his digestive tract, which is only meant for water, and no doubt spent many long hours with his face drawn over the toilet seat, regurgitating the foreign comestibles.

Methinks it's another plot hole. Either that or someone's eyes are bigger than his species' collective stomachs.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 am

Maybe it's that the don't need to eat to survive, but can eat if they wish to. Like Superman.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:34 am

The magic word here is filler. :P Toriyama never had any Namekkians eating, at least that I can recall.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:59 am

I guess thi'd be a good addition to the new Filler Guide... if it isn't there already. Haven't looked at it yet. :-( Sorry EX! I will.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:14 pm

Unlike the fact Nameks only drink water, Diamno Piccolo's orders never featured in the manga. They are filler scenes. But I agree with oponok - Toriyama hadn't yet considered the idea of Namekians only needing to drink.