Your favorite DragonBall fanart

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shadowolf

Post by Shadowolf » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:30 am

Thanks Dai. Yeah I know its not original, but I am still learning how to use Manga-style ink techniques. I was hoping if I could get it to look like the original then I knew that I got this stuff figured out. I was planning to make an original soon, but now that school started, well you know how THAT goes...
BTW, I like your name. It was one of the names I was thinking about for Bardock. Since everyone hates Bardock's name, I might be using "Dai" as a more subtle AT refferance.
Sole Member of Shadowolf Entertainment
Unless you count [b]coffee[/b] . . .
[url=http://shadowolf.spymac.net]Why View Fan Art When You Can Watch A Fan Cartoon![/url]

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:56 am

Detective X wrote:Awesome stuff, SSJHitch, but isn't that supposed to be the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?
Yes.........yes it is...........now I feel stupid. :oops:
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:46 pm

Thank you, Greg, for sharing that with us and establishing yourself as an utter jackass.

If you have nothing useful to say, then don't say anything.
I think the only way you could define me as being a jackass would be if I was

A. Directing my comment at any one/group now posting here
B. Being serious in the least

I tend to think people who can't take jokes are jackasses, but that's just me *whistles to self and prances gleefully into sunset*

Oh, excellent art by the way. I was a great endeavor of such a practices when I first got into DB. I didn't have artbooks or internet access so I took my Funi recordings from TV and paused the screen and drew each figure that way.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:56 pm

I think the only way you could define me as being a jackass would be if I was

A. Directing my comment at any one/group now posting here
B. Being serious in the least

I tend to think people who can't take jokes are jackasses, but that's just me *whistles to self and prances gleefully into sunset*
You were breaking forum rules by posting an utterly useless post, which was offtopic to say the least. I can take jokes real well, but this was not an original, and not in the least a funny joke. It was done so many times it made me groan, and added to the fact it was completely out of place and uncalled for, I was annoyed and called you a ''jackass'', which I still think was an utterly justified response. You broke forum rules by posting a useless and offtopic post, containing a painstakingly unfunny joke, and then you think my response was uncalled for.

Well excuse me, Mr. Oldschool-DB-Webmaster, for disagreeing with the fact you should be allowed to get away with stuff others can't.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 pm

This is my favorite fanart of all time! Check it out!

GOKU vs. SUPERMAN
http://tinypic.com/22gk8

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:25 pm

That looks like a remake of a Ken vs Superman fanart. Note the Hadoken the Goku's forming.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:30 pm

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:49 pm

Er, why?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:26 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:That Goku vs Superman (gay) pic is from Wizard magazine....burn!
.... I'm sorry, but huh?

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:29 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:That Goku vs Superman (gay) pic is from Wizard magazine....burn!
...?

That came out of left field.

But regardless, we don't need things referred to in that fashion. And if you don't like it, then bugger-- ...err... I mean, do so somewhere else.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:14 pm

1) Wizard Magazine's the best.

2) How is that a burn?

3) Homophobe.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:05 am

Well, in his defense, Goku's face looks bad. Dragonball characters just don't look good in any other style, to me. They just don't.

But yeah, I like Wizard. And no, neither Superman nor Goku are "gay." Well, depends on who you're talking to, I guess... I don't think Goku has a sex drive. I think Vegeta somehow impregnated Chi-chi with Gohan with just his utter manliness from across space. Goku's the one who wussed him up, though.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:22 am

oponok wrote:I think Vegeta somehow impregnated Chi-chi with Gohan with just his utter manliness from across space. Goku's the one who wussed him up, though.
I think I smell a fan-fic coming on...! XD

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:34 am

oponok wrote:I think Vegeta somehow impregnated Chi-chi with Gohan with just his utter manliness from across space. Goku's the one who wussed him up, though.
I dunno. I always suspected that Chi Chi told him it was a form of "training". One that would cause his power level to grow, one that would cause him to throb with power, and so on...
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:42 am

PsyLiam wrote:
I dunno. I always suspected that Chi Chi told him it was a form of "training". One that would cause his power level to grow, one that would cause him to throb with power, and so on...
And then his Chi would EXPLODE at the peak of his training.

Chichi: "Yeah yeah, Goku, that's Chi down there. Now you know what else makes you powerful? Continuing your training until MY chi explodes..."

:lol:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:23 pm

Although, I suspect any sex with Goku after he was a SSJ waould have been dangerous since he sometimes didn't know his own strength. Oh well, I guess Chi-Chi would have died happy. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:32 pm

Well excuse me, Mr. Oldschool-DB-Webmaster, for disagreeing with the fact you should be allowed to get away with stuff others can't.
Hold on a moment there. Time out. I wasn't going to even reply until I read that.

A. You're the one who called me "Greg"
B. I try VERY hard to not even hint at what work I've done with DB online in the past.
C. Even if I did I would never hold it above (or under anyone)
D. If any mod has a problem with my posting, they can let me know, they have in the past, I'm no exception just because I own/ed a DB fansite.
E. Even if you didn't like my jesting if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
F. If you have any other problems with me for whatever reason, please feel free to PM we and we can work things out.

Many thanks.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:46 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Although, I suspect any sex with Goku after he was a SSJ waould have been dangerous since he sometimes didn't know his own strength. Oh well, I guess Chi-Chi would have died happy. :D
After he was a Super Saiyan? Even 18 year old Goku was more than strong enough to send a woman to heaven with a smile on her face.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:10 pm

True, but Chi chi is the strongest woman on Earth (prior to Pan), I'm sure she can hold her own against Goku. :wink:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:50 pm

Chi Chi being strong = able to beat up several male fighters at once.
18 year old Goku being strong = blowing up mountains.

Difference = large.