Anyone know a good site for DB/Z/GT Sound FX?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shadowolf

Anyone know a good site for DB/Z/GT Sound FX?

Post by Shadowolf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:03 pm

I've been looking all over for good FX with no voice or music over them. I need them for my cartoon, so its important that they not have any outside noises, just the FX. Anyone know a good site?
Sole Member of Shadowolf Entertainment
Unless you count [b]coffee[/b] . . .
[url=http://shadowolf.spymac.net]Why View Fan Art When You Can Watch A Fan Cartoon![/url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:05 pm

I highly doubt you're going to get them. DBZ is an older show, and was recorded in mono sound. If you actually manage to get any, they'll sound like shit.

Now, you could probably look into digitally ripping some sounds from the various PS1/PS2 games...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shadowolf

Post by Shadowolf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:13 pm

*sigh* Sadly thats what I've been doing. I have ripped several sounds from The History of Trunks and I am ripping sounds from the 2 Budokais. Unfortunately the fighters talk a lot in Budokai and the best sound FX have the fighters saying something during the sound.
I'm surprised there are no sound fx sites out there for DBZ. Maybe that can be my nitch online :)
[url=http://shadowolf.spymac.net]Why View Fan Art When You Can Watch A Fan Cartoon![/url]

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:57 pm

Try Dragon Ball Z Legends on PSone, quite a lot of "authentic" DBZ sound fx in the game, from the "WEEOOOO" teleportation noise Freeza makes, to the "ERRRAARGHOOooooOooOooooO" the kamehameha hums when its gathering up energy, and oh, lets not forget the infamous "REET REET REET REET"!

Also if I recall, the game has the ability to turn off the bgm, so you can just gather the sounds, and the characters dont talk much.

Shadowolf

Post by Shadowolf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:20 pm

Oh sweet! Thats a big help! Let me see ... *looks on ebay* 20 bucks?! :shock: Aw Crap!!! Is Legends any good as a game? I really dont wanna spend that type of money on a junker...

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:21 am

Legends is totally worth the $20. It's one of the most unique fighters you'll ever play, and it's something that's good to play when you're waiting around for your friends or something.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:44 am

Thats like trying to find movie clips these days. Back in oh, '97-'98, they were all over the place. Even Planet Namek had a whole bunch. Its the same with sound clips. Good luck finding em anymore.

Shadowolf

Post by Shadowolf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:03 am

Aw why did you have to mention Planet Namek? :cry: I miss that sight so bad! The song is true, Dont know what you got till its gone...
Well I give up. I bought a recorder that records whatever is playing on my comp, so I'll rip sounds by playing my DVDs and editing out the FX. I'll take forever but what can I do? I'll post them on my site for anyone else who has this problem and maybe get some traffic to my site. Maybe this will be good to promote my site in the end.
Now if I can skip the friggin work part! :twisted:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:13 pm

Shadowolf wrote:I miss that sight so bad!
"site"... as in... location.

While it's true that you saw it...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:38 pm

Seriously, EX, you should be an English teacher... :P

Anyway, yeah, all the good 'sound byte' sites have pretty much bit the dust. Sadly. Hell, I don't even know if Sound America is still up... Yep, it is. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Shadowolf

Post by Shadowolf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:55 pm

*sigh* apologies I didnt have my coffee when I posted last time :oops:

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:28 pm

Ya know I was considering buying the Planet Namek domain once...just to see all the insane hits I would get!

Course, I'd put nothing but Namekian pr0n on it :P
Last edited by Izlude on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:19 pm

The bios section would be the most expansive on the net: of Dende, Carugo, Muri, Piccolo, Saichoru, Nail, Katats and Kami+Daimao AND NOBODY ELSE!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

The most ironic thing I ever saw on PN was when they got fed up over link submissions where half the sites had names like "Planet Vegeta/Kanassa". "WHY DON'T YOU JUST NAME YOUR SITE PLANET DBZ EARTH WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?! Seriously! Who names their site after a fucking planet?! A PLANET!!" :lol:

Ahh, Skullmac, I'm going to miss those updates when you were so fed up you forgot what you guys did in your newbie days. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

KT Kore

Post by KT Kore » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:24 am

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but hey, it's on the front page anyway. Shadowolf, I saw the prologue to your animation and it's impressive. Good voice acting and the animation really shines. I hope you're having luck with sound effects. I've been trying to get the sound effects that DBZ uses, as well. You'd think they'd be around somewhere -- DBZ isn't the only anime that uses them. I've heard the same sound effects in One Piece, Slayers, and Tenchi among other series.

Anyway, I hope to see more of your series in the future. Good luck with it. It's been a great desire of mine to create my own Flash animation series, but my inability to draw in a decent manner hinders me. But I won't give up. Someday I'll learn to draw well enough to animate (I wish to do a lot of frame-by-frame as in your animation). I have a great, epic series in mind with surface-level inspiration from DragonBall and Megaman. Hopefully one day I will be able to see it through.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:28 pm

Planet Namek was really funny, I liked the page of all the things the characters would never say and the Jerry Springer thing about Vegeta, Yamcha and Bulma. Does anybody know why they shut it down?

I'm gonna go check out your cartoons, Shadowolf. They sound cool from what KT says.
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:08 am

SpiritBomb wrote:Planet Namek was really funny, I liked the page of all the things the characters would never say and the Jerry Springer thing about Vegeta, Yamcha and Bulma. Does anybody know why they shut it down?
Site expenses, most of the staff not really caring anymore, James (Mr.E) being an asshole, etc. Take your pick.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

KT Kore

Post by KT Kore » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:08 am

They shut down for loss of interest from what I remember.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:46 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:James (Mr.E) being an asshole, etc. Take your pick.
Quote from old chat involving tons of androids, robots, etc throughout DB:

me:"Hell even Tao Pai Pai became cybernetic at one point!

Mr.E:OMFG I am so tired of you n00bs!!! TAO PAI PAI WAS NOT A CYBORG, ANDROID, ARTIFICIAL HUMAN, JINZONINGEN OR ROBOT! The Dodompa was a frickin' ki attack!

Vegettos EX+707: He was at 23rd budoukai"

Yay for all those named Vegetto! :lol: I almost got banned because he never saw that part of the anime! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:44 pm

:lol: I pick Mr.E being an asshole, then.
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:08 pm

Dayspring wrote:I almost got banned because he never saw that part of the anime! :P
Who the hell makes a website about an anime they havent even seen every episode of? :shock: