Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:40 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Well, I guess since Vegetto is her father and she's under 18, by real world standards he would be able to unsubscribe her. :P
Or just knock her unconscious with a karate-chop.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 am

Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku? I mean, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original DBZ and U18 is completely overshadowed by U16. Hopefully XXI kills Vegetto or he is removed from the spotlight some other way.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:56 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku? I mean, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original DBZ and U18 is completely overshadowed by U16. Hopefully XXI kills Vegetto or he is removed from the spotlight some other way.
I would've thought that Son Goku got enough spotlight in the main story. I don't really follow DB Multiverse, but it's nice that it gives attention to characters other than Goku.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku? I mean, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original DBZ and U18 is completely overshadowed by U16. Hopefully XXI kills Vegetto or he is removed from the spotlight some other way.
Everything is set for Goku 18 and Vegeta 18 to meet each other in the semi final, presumingly with Goku winning and going to the final.

Here: http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/ ... chart4.png

I'd say that the story will focus on universe 18, but that doesn't mean that the other universes can't have their spotlight and even be stronger than the main cast (until something unexpected happens, at least).

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:40 am

rereboy wrote:Everything is set for Goku 18 and Vegeta 18 to meet each other in the semi final, presumingly with Goku winning and going to the final.
I actually think Vegeta is going to win for two reasons. First, he did say at the beginning that he had "a few new surprises" or something to that effect. Makes me think Vegeta is going to pull Super Saiyan 3 out of his ass and might take Goku by surprise. But also because whoever wins is most likely going to face XXI in the final and get WTF pwned. And between Goku and Vegeta, who is it likely to be?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Goku will never lose to Vegeta. He will almost certainly pull a SSJ3, but he will be defeated nonetheless.

As for the other finalist, as I said, I believe something unexpected will happen regarding the right half of the chart. The authors always said that the tournament might get interrupted by an event so the other finalist could end up being anybody really.

It will all depend on XXI and Buu and their actions.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Vegeta pulling SSjin 3 out doesn't mean much because Goku has it as well, and has had it for much longer than Vegeta... if Vegeta even has it in the first place. I'm just bothered by Vegetto and Bura because them taking the spotlight from Goku is annoying and had no buildup. When Son Gohan was supposed to be the new main character there was lots of buildup to it, especially in the Anime filler. With Multiverse it's like "oh hey guys, I am Vegetto and I didn't defuse in my universe!" and suddenly he and his daughter are hogging the spotlight non-stop.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Well, these are popular characters that the readership has come to like. I don't see why they can't have their own subplot, espicially considering the series isn't going to end anytime soon.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:33 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:Vegeta pulling SSjin 3 out doesn't mean much because Goku has it as well, and has had it for much longer than Vegeta... if Vegeta even has it in the first place. I'm just bothered by Vegetto and Bura because them taking the spotlight from Goku is annoying and had no buildup. When Son Gohan was supposed to be the new main character there was lots of buildup to it, especially in the Anime filler. With Multiverse it's like "oh hey guys, I am Vegetto and I didn't defuse in my universe!" and suddenly he and his daughter are hogging the spotlight non-stop.
Well, Vegetto basically is Goku AND Vegeta. He doesn't need any build up.

And Bra, being his daughter, is the same.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:47 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku?
No. Goku hogged the spotlight for three series and ten movies, he can get the fuck out of the way.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Rocketman wrote:
CatouttaHell wrote:Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku?
No. Goku hogged the spotlight for three series and ten movies, he can get the fuck out of the way.
Totally agreed. But it could use less Broly, too. At least he seems to be out of the picture for now, though.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Rocketman wrote:
You forgot the OVA. But you know, he is the main character of the series.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 pm

In terms of Vegetto and Bra taking over...really? I mean Bra hasn't even had her match yet. Broly had two specials and a major fight. Trunks had a fight and a special, Cell had a long fight and a long special, U16 special was mainly for humour and told us nothing new, U18 have had all their fights (in the first half of round 1 no less), and Zen Buu also got to fight U16 and have a role with Broly. Then you got U19 and U9 having some of the limelight. they are sharing it so give U16 one more match and then they'll be out of the limelight for a while as we have U13 and Super Namek still yet to face off in round 1.
And Bra, being his daughter, is the same.
Bra had buildup. We got a look at her when Pan died. Then we were told a bit about her power to hype her, then we got to see the power in action and now we get to see some character development. Its all quite well done.
Is anyone else annoyed that the main characters in this Manga are Vegetto and Bura and not Son Goku
Goku has run his course. Bra, Vegetto and Super Namek seem the likely main heroes. And Gogeta if Vegeta can agree to that. Even U18 Gohan seems more likely as a main hero.
I mean, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original DBZ and U18 is completely overshadowed by U16.
We've seen U18. U16 is new to us and needs development.
Everything is set for Goku 18 and Vegeta 18 to meet each other in the semi final, presumingly with Goku winning and going to the final
And I hope U18 Vegeta wins FOR ONCE. I mean Vegeta is always a little stronger even though he achieves the form after Goku (in terms of SSJ1 android arc and SSJ4).

@new page.
As expected. Zangya doesnt give up and taunts Bra. I wonder if Bra will turn evil (maybe Babidi makes her a Majin when she kills Zangya in cold blood).
Last edited by Ussj Future Trunks on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

JJ94

Post by JJ94 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 pm

She shouldn't have said that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 pm

JJ94 wrote:She shouldn't have said that.
Yeah she gonna go all "Say wha? Oh you did not just go there biotch! Hold my fur coat Shanequa".

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, that little talk was for nothing. Bra's going to scratch her face right off.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:38 pm

SNAP HER NECK BRA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:01 pm

:(

*waves tiny flag in the corner for Zangya
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote::(

*waves tiny flag in the corner for Zangya
*Joins you*
I know she probably won't, but I'd prefer Zangya to win. But she'd only be destroyed in the next rounds.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

God, the English is killing me. Someone please offer to correct the grammar for them...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]