Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:17 pm

For the love of Popo, please don't make this go on any more...
On december 1st, starts a series of 3 minicomics about Saiyans daily life in universe 3. After this, a special chapter on Bojack by TôMaBYou!

...Another month of Goku and Vegeta fighting, or yet another side story of Bojack and Saiyans...I honestly don't know which would be more painful. SIGH.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:30 pm

"29"?

The ref just gonna count forever until something that drags the fight on longer can happen?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Zephyr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:30 pm "29"?

The ref just gonna count forever until something that drags the fight on longer can happen?
Think they're counting to 30.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:50 pm

I never get why they never do big monthly chapters than just one page once every few days? Something that they should have done like 15 years ago.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:58 am

Aw, come on, Bojack again? What more do we need to know? He is dead already too...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:18 pm

Honestly if we HAVE to have these specials, how about leaving the universes in the tournament and branching out. "Edge of DBM," now that would be a pique my interest.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:59 pm

When you consider in-universe time, it only took Vegetto mere days for his personality to shift/revert to that of Android arc Vegeta. When we first saw him in DBM, Vegetto acted more-or-less how he actually was in canon: Currently though, he seems to be 'Majin Vegetto' by comparison. They keep teasing the inevitable scene in which he snaps & loses control against everyone and in doing that, it feels like he is a totally different person now. I could buy it...if it had been established that Vegetto was an unstable douchenozzle who would kill his daughter if she stepped out of line from the start, but even with all the time that has been spent in the writing of this comic, Vegetto's change in character just doesn't feel very natural to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the concept of a bad/disturbed Vegetto, I just don't think the way it has gone in DBM has been great.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:49 pm

Vegetto is being Ridiculous, ludicrous even. because I said it once before, after the tournament, you go home and go back to being the absolute strongest in your universe. Who cares if the proto-hims from another universe catch up? In a week in-universe it won't even matter. And if anything, shouldn't the Goku in him be turned on by this? At the very least, motivated to find the path himself.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:10 pm

Vegito is written so differently Salagir might as well have created a new way for Goku and Vegeta to fuse in the u16 Buu saga that acts this way.

U16 Vegito has traits that Vegito doesn't have, he slept with Bulma and abandoned ChiChi to have Bra and his a crap dad to her worst than even Cell saga Vegeta despite Goku and Vegeta proving to be better.

He's so ooc might as well just have made him a different fusion to explain why he acts like this and all other changes.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm

To be fair, we've never seen a mortal character fused for this long. It's always over after a few minutes or an hour tops. I think what Salagir is going for is that all of the power, after being on top of the food chain for his entire existence, has corrupted him over time.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:09 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm To be fair, we've never seen a mortal character fused for this long. It's always over after a few minutes or an hour tops. I think what Salagir is going for is that all of the power, after being on top of the food chain for his entire existence, has corrupted him over time.
I get that Vegetto's behavior in DBM is the result of fusion having unpredictable results on a being's psychology, but this concept and his noticeable change in personality wasn't totally developed until several years of real-world time had gone by.
It seems like this.
Vegetto(initially): Is a chill guy most of the time, but has the potential to snap & go crazy under certain conditions.
Vegetto(now): Is only chill when things go his way, will not hesitate to act out when things don't, and IS going to snap eventually.
It reminds me of Jack Torrance from the Shining. In King's book, Jack is a good man who is tempted by the Overlook Hotel to give into his madness, but his love for his family triumphs eventually. In Kubrick's film, Jack is a not-so-good man who doesn't love his family, and is destined to go mad because the Overlook Hotel is what he truly values and is calling him home. Like the two Jacks, there are two Vegettos here.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:59 pm

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:28 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:59 pm Image
Haha this Yamcha rules 😅
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:07 pm

I don't care about Salagir's Mary Sue, but Cell (not that Cell Max crap) being the strongest is something I'm interested in seeing.

Vegetto is just a little brat who's toy has been destroyed. He's boring.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:32 pm

Goku winning the match is something that everyone knew was going to happen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:17 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:10 pm

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:05 pm

They should call the form The Super Saiyan but the fan name Super Saiyan zero is probably here to stay.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Man I'm surprised they decided to confirm Goku won before starting the next specials.
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:49 pm Image
Is there any Goku left in this Vegetto...
Vegetto is being Ridiculous, ludicrous even. because I said it once before, after the tournament, you go home and go back to being the absolute strongest in your universe. Who cares if the proto-hims from another universe catch up? In a week in-universe it won't even matter.
I think he's so used to being the strongest and best possible warrior that he doesn't like it when anyone does something he can't do.

It probably hurts his pride even more considering that, the two characters who are part of him, achieved something that he couldn't... Wouldn't be surprised if he sees himself as better than them because he's a fusion of both of them, and then Goku and Vegeta just surpass him at something just like that.

He's still being a little bitch, but given the way Salagir decided to characterize a Post-Boo Vegetto, it's not too surprising... Sucks that his personality is just a more powerful Vegeta than, y'know, Vegetto.
And if anything, shouldn't the Goku in him be turned on by this? At the very least, motivated to find the path himself.
Even the Vegeta in him should be more curious about it.

Honestly if he were both annoyed and impressed it'd be more fitting, but again, Vegetto is characterized more like Vegeta than anything.

It's also ironic that the way more proudful Cell is wondering how to get the form instead of just insulting Goku and Vegeta.

Kinda funny to imagine that, once Vegetto does that rampage, Gogeta is sounding like a solid choice to take him down, because this form could actually outlast the shitty DBM SS3... And it is amusing that in the vision Bardock had, Bra talks like Vegetto is impossible to stop, when the rampage will happen after this fight, so at least this form can be usable if they manage to get Gogeta.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:19 pm

New Form Gogeta clowning SS3 Vegito would be the best thing the manga has produced in a long time if it happens.

Still hate has Vegito is not only not like Goku, he's not like Buu sags Vegeta. The Kid Buu fight is not what changed Vegeta it just let him admit some things.

This Vegito acts like he was formed in the Cell games or even the Android arc. Actually that works, this is Cell games Vegeta fused with Namek SS Goku.