Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by theherodjl » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:33 pm

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed on this Vegetto being a fusion of any prior Goku or Vegeta, the special on U16 makes it clear that everything went exactly as it happened until the point of Vegetto getting absorbed & shrunk down into Boo as in canon. Vegetto in Salagir's current DBM is simply going crazy because a permanence in fusion is apparently a recipe for insanity, whether it be biological, psychological, or both. It would make more sense if something went unresolved in Goku or Vegeta in U16 and it carried over into Vegetto, but that hasn't been alluded to yet as far as I know.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:52 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:33 pm Unfortunately, that ship has sailed on this Vegetto being a fusion of any prior Goku or Vegeta, the special on U16 makes it clear that everything went exactly as it happened until the point of Vegetto getting absorbed & shrunk down into Boo as in canon. Vegetto in Salagir's current DBM is simply going crazy because a permanence in fusion is apparently a recipe for insanity, whether it be biological, psychological, or both. It would make more sense if something went unresolved in Goku or Vegeta in U16 and it carried over into Vegetto, but that hasn't been alluded to yet as far as I know.
Pwrsonally I feel Vegito's entire arc would have been better had Salagir just said, a new enemy showed up, Goku and Vegeta used a new type of fusion and created this new being and this is how he acts and this is why he married Bulma.

Where as Gogeta and Vegito new beings made up entirely of Goku and Vegeta this new fusion is truly his own person just with their power, DNA and menories.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:09 am

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:40 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:19 pm New Form Gogeta clowning SS3 Vegito would be the best thing the manga has produced in a long time if it happens.

Still hate has Vegito is not only not like Goku, he's not like Buu sags Vegeta. The Kid Buu fight is not what changed Vegeta it just let him admit some things.

This Vegito acts like he was formed in the Cell games or even the Android arc. Actually that works, this is Cell games Vegeta fused with Namek SS Goku.
He feels like a fusion of Vegeta and another Vegeta.

The Goku side only ever shows up when he's being a goofball, but when he gets even a little stressed he goes full Vegeta.
theherodjl wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:33 pm Unfortunately, that ship has sailed on this Vegetto being a fusion of any prior Goku or Vegeta, the special on U16 makes it clear that everything went exactly as it happened until the point of Vegetto getting absorbed & shrunk down into Boo as in canon. Vegetto in Salagir's current DBM is simply going crazy because a permanence in fusion is apparently a recipe for insanity, whether it be biological, psychological, or both. It would make more sense if something went unresolved in Goku or Vegeta in U16 and it carried over into Vegetto, but that hasn't been alluded to yet as far as I know.
If Salagir wanted to go for something like that he'd just do it.

Reminder that it wasn't implied at any point before Majin Bra's rampage that Vegetto once threatened to kill her, she treats him like a brat treats her father, and he never really cares, then suddenly he said he was gonna kill her...
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:09 am Image
I've been thinking for a while this baby will do something, the mother never left the tournament and every once in a while she shows up in some way, maybe as a joke, but she's a presence.

My goofy theory is that the baby is XXI, and then he traveled to another universe... Probably not the case, but I still wonder what the baby is gonna do.

Also when do y'all think Vegetto's rampage will happen? Vegetto has been getting ignored and the lack of senzus also is making him stressed because he's hungry (He said something of the like after Buu's last rampage), right now the points it can happen are, well, now or right before Gast vs XXI, after Gast vs XXI (Since XXI will likely have another cheat win), or maybe after Goku vs XXI...

There's also page 732, where Yamcha is telling someone "You may have beaten all the others... But you can touch me. Does that make me the strongest out of all the universes?", and the most obvious option is that he's saying to XXI, since he's the only powerful character weak enough for Yamcha to beat, but who knows... Maybe he trained like DBS' 17 and that allowed him to outclass the likes of Vegetto somehow.

Also that panel with Goku and Cell Jr. becoming friends could have potential for something amusing.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:02 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:40 pm
I've been thinking for a while this baby will do something, the mother never left the tournament and every once in a while she shows up in some way, maybe as a joke, but she's a presence.

My goofy theory is that the baby is XXI, and then he traveled to another universe... Probably not the case, but I still wonder what the baby is gonna do.

I had hoped that the baby would have been born during the Bra rampage, would have saved the Gohan Bra killed, and hold her up for quite a while before falling, typical shonen big damn heroes moment, right before Bra actually does get defeated, with talk no jutsu no less.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:22 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:02 pm I had hoped that the baby would have been born during the Bra rampage, would have saved the Gohan Bra killed, and hold her up for quite a while before falling, typical shonen big damn heroes moment, right before Bra actually does get defeated, with talk no jutsu no less.
Maybe the baby will do just that when Vegetto's rampage happens :lol:.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:22 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:02 pm I had hoped that the baby would have been born during the Bra rampage, would have saved the Gohan Bra killed, and hold her up for quite a while before falling, typical shonen big damn heroes moment, right before Bra actually does get defeated, with talk no jutsu no less.
Maybe the baby will do just that when Vegetto's rampage happens :lol:.
I'll hold out hope :D

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:30 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 pm I'll hold out hope :D
Honestly though, given the timing it's very possible the baby will be born either before Gast's fight with XXI, or after... And considering just how much Vegetto was butthurt at the new form Goku and Vegeta got, I wouldn't be surprised if the rampage starts soon, maybe it'll be one of those situations where the baby quickly grows lol.

Hopefully it's not something stupid like "The baby is born and then takes control of Vegetto", we had this kind of bullshit with Bra already.

If no brain washing happens, honestly, even with the way Salagir flanderized Vegetto into basically becoming Cell saga Vegeta, it's still odd to imagine he'll go on a rampage where he decides to beat up at least a Gohan, maybe it'll be over something stupid like him detesting Gast and XXI fighting because they're two magicians...

Also a funny thing I realized that may be an intentional joke, Goku had a habit of winning his fights with one punch until his fight again Uub, with a total of three quick fights, and XXI also casually won every fight he had, and since he won the first one without fighting since the opponent had given up before, he had a total of three fights so far... I get the feeling that, like Goku, his fourth fight will be the first one where he has to put actual effort, and as much as I find amusing the way he casually defeats his opponents, the joke has to stop at some point and I think Gast is a good option to make him sweat a little... Unless the point is to make Goku into the only character who actually is a good enough warrior that XXI can't casually beat, though, that's also assuming XXI wins against Gast but, I'd be surprised if he were to lose.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:19 pm

Well, Bojack time. I guess we'll have to see if anything exciting can be shown about him....or if it'll just be another Bojack chapter and we're left wondering why another universe was neglected in favor of this blue-skinned thing.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:18 pm

Well, i can at least look forward for Monkey Island references i think? :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:22 pm

Forget Broli, Vegetto, Bra, and whoever else. This comic's real main characters are Bojack and his gang. 8)

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 pm

I was checking the comments of 2270 and saw someone made this:

:lol:
Zephyr wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:22 pm Forget Broli, Vegetto, Bra, and whoever else. This comic's real main characters are Bojack and his gang. 8)
I find it funny we're getting a background story now that they're all dead.

Also seriously, Bojack? I'd rather see Raichi going after Bardock and King Piccolo. U3 has pretty cool stories and Raichi is usually the reason for it, since he has a cool motivation, and he's ridiculously overpowered but has enough weak points to be countered... And we're skipping that, or any other universe, for fucking Bojack... At the very least one can say this is pretty cool for whoever wanted to see more of Bojack I guess.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:43 pm

I think the human universe is the most interesting one in my opinion because they did a good job on re-telling the Tenkachi Budokai without Goku. I think Grandpa Gohan winning the tournament made sense given that he was on par with RR Army saga Goku after beating Tao in the manga. Tao Pai Pai is likely stronger than Roshi.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:43 pm I think the human universe is the most interesting one in my opinion because they did a good job on re-telling the Tenkachi Budokai without Goku. I think Grandpa Gohan winning the tournament made sense given that he was on par with RR Army saga Goku after beating Tao in the manga. Tao Pai Pai is likely stronger than Roshi.
U9 has potential, but to me they tell the most nothingburger stories with those basic ass flashbacks, this on top of how they basically don't exist on the tournament does them no favors.

I think it, U3 and to a lesser extent, U19 have some of the coolest potentials as far as telling interesting stories goes, but like I said, U9 feels like wasted potential all around, and U19 suffers from having characters with the most interachangeable personalities possible (Even the so popular Phipsil sounds like any other U19 character), and they have seriously low amount of screen time...

U3 meanwhile has Raichi, and the way he was used to tell a different Hildegarn story was interesting, the saiyan rebellion is... Okay, and it's interesting how each of Bardock's attempts at preventing Saiyans from being killed off only created another one (Kill the Frost Demons, now they have to deal with Broly who may eventually kill off everyone, kill Broly, now Raichi has him), and King Piccolo fusing with Kami and being "corrupted" by passion over time is a cool idea too, though they haven't done much with it.

Now this isn't to say U9 is a bad place, it's just that I feel Salagir either lacks the capacity, or interest, to make it more interesting, but who knows, things could get better once we get to Cooler's empire coming to Earth, Yamcha becoming a cyborg and Videl's training, and maybe there's even a surprise or two of unexpected story arcs or movie villains showing up (Like how U13 had Slug show up), time will tell.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:04 pm

I like the Zen Buu special because it felt plausible since Buu knows that no one can stop him and the Dragon Balls can't do anything against him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:56 pm

The art is good, but the story is unfortunately not all that captivating so far. I actually would rather go without any story until the next main chapter if this is where it's going.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:11 pm

What the heck happened to the art style in that last page? :shock:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:43 am

I will say this: Considering how everyone usually gravitates towards Zangya, making her the most sympathetic character of the gang, seeing it happen to Bujin in DBM is interesting. That said if you're going to make him sympathetic, if you're going to have him betray Bojack in the tournament, the Kat Gang should have saved him in the last Bojack Special. One of the core themes of Dragonball is redemption, and if written properly, Bujin could and should have been given a second chance, especially if DBM is to portray him like this.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:38 pm

Marko Polo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:43 am What the heck happened to the art style in that last page? :shock:
It's getting "Bojacked"—be very afraid.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:43 am I will say this: Considering how everyone usually gravitates towards Zangya, making her the most sympathetic character of the gang, seeing it happen to Bujin in DBM is interesting.
Which's a little funny since Zangya was just as psychotic as the rest of Bojack's group, but then again so was Bujin...
That said if you're going to make him sympathetic, if you're going to have him betray Bojack in the tournament, the Kat Gang should have saved him in the last Bojack Special. One of the core themes of Dragonball is redemption, and if written properly, Bujin could and should have been given a second chance, especially if DBM is to portray him like this.
From the way Kat's gang talked about him in that special, they may not have been willing to forgive him.

Honestly though, that idea by itself is fine too, while it is ungrateful to still want to kill someone who saved your lives and was letting on he wanted to get rid of Bojack during the tournament, it is understandable why they wouldn't want to trust him too, so that could be used to create drama between them... Which's completely wasted by having Bujin die in page 1970 just so Kat's group gets a happy ending with no strings attached, or any grey morality.
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:38 pm It's getting "Bojacked"—be very afraid.

:lol: