Transformations - Movie Characters

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:58 pm

Either way I'm just glad they didn't bring back Broly over and over. ( :lol: )
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Dayspring wrote:Either way I'm just glad they didn't bring back Broly over and over. ( :lol: )
Yeah, Dayspring, exactly. Heck, movie 10 kinda works on the logic that Gohan, now being grown, could he defeat Broli without Goku's help? movie 11 meanwhile, is just plain stupid, other than the fact that Android 18 actually shows up for a bit.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to get things that far off topic, it's just when you set a guy as being able to destroy planets in a single blow, the idea that Goku (who cannot destroy planets in a single blow) could defeat him is pretty ludicrous, no matter how much energy his friends gave him.

If anyone feels the need to keep bashing Broli, let's do it elsewhere and return EX's topic to him, okay?
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:43 pm

SDHero wrote: it's just when you set a guy as being able to destroy planets in a single blow, the idea that Goku (who cannot destroy planets in a single blow) could defeat him is pretty ludicrous, no matter how much energy his friends gave him.
Why does everybody keep saying that? Freeza can blow up planets in one blow, and he was smacked around by an exhausted regular SSJ. Now take the strongest SSJ at his best and add the LSSJ transformation to it.

It's not that Goku CAN'T blow up planets, it's just that he WON'T. Why would he? He's the good guy?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:54 pm

Vegeta could blow up planets when he first got to Earth too. It's not like that's any real measure of strength by the time Brolly comes around.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:39 pm

That's true too. I just wasn't sure if he was bragging or not against Goku, and Arlia was filler so I didn't say anything.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:31 am

They do mention that Vegeta's Final Flash attack would have destroyed the Earth if he hadn't "narrowed the beam width" and pointed it up a bit (or whatever it is that he did).

It's still silly though. I mean, powerful is one thing, but being able to destroy planets with a single blow? That's just ludicrous.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:09 pm

Well, in the Saiyajin saga during Goku and Vegita's fight, Vegita there also claims that he's going to destroy the planet at one point and it appears he's just going to use one blast. And as far as I know, that's not filler. I think I'll double-check the manga for that part to see what it says there.

EDIT: Yep. Just checked and it's in Book 4, Chapter 37 of the manga. This is the VIZ edition by the way. Right when Vegita, starts losing his temper because Goku has managed to meet him blow for blow and draw blood. And then Goku uses his Kamehameha combined with a Kaio Ken X 3 in order to stop him.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:21 pm

That would have been silly of Vegeta to blow up the earth. If he did, and with his space pod being far away from him, if he wasn't caught in the explosion, he would have died of asphixiation.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:22 pm

Well, Vegeta can be a bit of a silly billy at times.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:50 pm

So... uhh... back on topic... anal proof-reading... re-did the Tullece and Slug images...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:So... uhh... back on topic... anal proof-reading... re-did the Tullece and Slug images...
Ah, but did you upload them to the site yet? :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:14 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Ah, but did you upload them to the site yet? :P
... >.>

Shaddap!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:28 am

1) For me, at least, the little "notes" box for Bojack gets cut off halfway.

2) The strange form of Super Saiyajin used by Brolli, (this is just a theory), but could it be similar to Goku's false Super Saiyajin form from Movie 4?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:33 am

Mizugi wrote:1) For me, at least, the little "notes" box for Bojack gets cut off halfway.
Movie 9's still gotta get toyed with. The DVD's officially out tomorrow, so I can get some "transformed" screen-caps for both characters. The formatting and spacing will be fixed, then ^^.
Mizugi wrote:2) The strange form of Super Saiyajin used by Brolli, (this is just a theory), but could it be similar to Goku's false Super Saiyajin form from Movie 4?
Makes sense. Julian and I were talking about it the other night, and he had a pretty good theory; the control device Paragas made was, perhaps, holding back the "true" SSJ form (it was destroyed later). In movie 10, we see the regular, golden-haired SSJ form, and there's no device ('cuz it's been long destroyed). I should at least make note of this ^^.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming :P.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:41 am

Super Sonic wrote:That would have been silly of Vegeta to blow up the earth. If he did, and with his space pod being far away from him, if he wasn't caught in the explosion, he would have died of asphixiation.
And we all know Saiyans cant breathe in space, :roll:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:25 am

It's possible that:

a) Vegeta would have reached the core like Freeza did, giving him time to leave

b) Vegeta could hold his breath long enough to get to his pod (it takes seconds to reach him)

c) In his rage he did what all Saiyans do: not think of the consequences

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:36 pm

I feel like a complete idiot for not remembering this before; after watching DBZ movie 1 again, I realised Garlic Jr.'s henchmen do have transformations. In all three cases, they each yelled out the name of a food, and then "pumped-up" their bodies, to which Goku notes they become stronger and faster.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:43 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:I feel like a complete idiot for not remembering this before; after watching DBZ movie 1 again, I realised Garlic Jr.'s henchmen do have transformations. In all three cases, they each yelled out the name of a food, and then "pumped-up" their bodies, to which Goku notes they become stronger and faster.
*Pries his eyes away from the new Avatar*

Ehem, anyway, those could be transformations, or they could be power-up techniques like the Kaio Ken. The fact that they shouted out a food name makes me think power-up more than transformation. Still, it's something.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:55 am

18: Um...my eyes are up here.

Heheh...Anyways; Garlic Jr's henchmen may just be more of a power-up than a transformation; but then Tullece power-up was listed, and unlike the henchmen his muscles didn't stay that size.

EDIT: Spoted an elusive typo

"Upon eating the fruit, Tullece's muscles bugle and expand..."

So it's either a typo, or Tullece's muscles transform into a trumpet! :shock: Now THAT would make an interesting new transformation...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:18: Um...my eyes are up here.
Mmmmm, what? Oh... hehe... E-mail, send full version of 'aviator', now... 8)
Deus ex Machina wrote:Heheh...Anyways; Garlic Jr's henchmen may just be more of a power-up than a transformation; but then Tullece power-up was listed, and unlike the henchmen his muscles didn't stay that size.
True, so I guess they still count.
Deus ex Machina wrote:EDIT: Spoted an elusive typo

"Upon eating the fruit, Tullece's muscles bugle and expand..."

So it's either a typo, or Tullece's muscles transform into a trumpet! :shock: Now THAT would make an interesting new transformation...
Hey it's the missing Piccolo Henchman! :P
<Xyex> Good point.